Shoutbox

Messenger Plus installs 2 File folders.... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus installs 2 File folders.... (/showthread.php?tid=39619)

Messenger Plus installs 2 File folders.... by jtstone1983 on 03-06-2005 at 12:06 AM

I've just installed Messenger Plus 3 again, due to a reformat....just doing a sweep of the uninstalled files from Windows update, and I noticed that in my Program files folder, Messenger Plus has created 2 files...(see screenshot) Is there anyway to determine which is which without uninstalling Messenger Plus?

Both of them have files related to Plus in them...not sure which to delete without messing up Messenger Plus....

RE: Messenger Plus installs 2 File folders.... by user27089 on 03-06-2005 at 12:07 AM

I've already mentioned this and it is because you now need to reboot before it deletes the other folder because of security reasons...

RE: Messenger Plus installs 2 File folders.... by jtstone1983 on 03-06-2005 at 12:09 AM

Done reboot already.....believe it or not.

RE: Messenger Plus installs 2 File folders.... by user27089 on 03-06-2005 at 12:10 AM

uninstall it and delete both folders, then reboot and reinstall :p.

RE: Messenger Plus installs 2 File folders.... by jtstone1983 on 03-06-2005 at 12:15 AM

Ugh....simplist answers to the most stupidest questions.....my bad...even though I asked if there was a way around this without uninstalling it because to quote Willie from the Simpsons

quote:
Me Shack, I just got it the way I liked it....you'll pay for this Bart Simpson...
I don't want to mess with it again :(

Eh...oh well...I'll quit my whinin and try that I guess....

RE: Messenger Plus installs 2 File folders.... by Patchou on 03-06-2005 at 12:17 AM

my bet is that the "MessengerPlus" without spaces is the good one. Just delete the other directory, you wont break anything anyway :).

RE: RE: Messenger Plus installs 2 File folders.... by jtstone1983 on 03-06-2005 at 12:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
my bet is that the "MessengerPlus" without spaces is the good one. Just delete the other directory, you wont break anything anyway :).

:D knowing that I won't break anything....I think that's what I wanted to know....and I haven't even gotten to the uninstall part yet ;) Me shack stays the way it is :P

RE: Messenger Plus installs 2 File folders.... by user27089 on 03-06-2005 at 12:21 AM

best way, go into each directory when ur using msn messenger and try and delete msgplus.exe or whatever, the one that deletes without saying "This Program is in Use or this action is prohibited" or w/e, will be the one thats useless ;).

RE: Messenger Plus installs 2 File folders.... by jtstone1983 on 03-06-2005 at 12:25 AM

Obviously, that would be the way, which worked by the way, and the one that was deleted was the one without the space...many thanks to both you and Patchou

Smile :)