Shoutbox

Ads you use - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Ads you use (/showthread.php?tid=39982)

Ads you use by John Anderton on 03-11-2005 at 07:25 PM

Tell me what are the ads that you display on your site and how much do u get. Is it a flat per month rate of per click (if so how much)
Plz dont say u dont use ads cause some dont i know :dodgy: :P
* John Anderton needs to buy a domain name :P
I am making a new site but that wont have ads .... mabbe only one on the credits page but ill think about it. But i wanna display ads over my old site :P
Ne ideas *-) I know about adsence by google but how much do they pay per click (They dont disclose it :P) any other good ones :P

RE: Ads you use by TheBlasphemer on 03-11-2005 at 07:28 PM

I don't know of any advertising companies that give you a flat rate,
and google doesn't pay the same rate per-click either...
with google, I earnt about 30$ a day with 10.000 unique visitors a day,
and with azoogleads (the current company), I make about 70$ a day, but it all depends on what kind of site you're making
if you're going to make something for internet pros, go for google, if you're going to make for idiots, go for azoogle...
besides, google accepts you more easily than azoogleads...

RE: Ads you use by Menthix on 03-11-2005 at 07:30 PM

How many unique visitors a month? It depends your visitors what's right for you. Most companies pay either per bannerclick, per impression or per sale. Prices can vary a lot, i don't experience myself though.

RE: Ads you use by John Anderton on 03-11-2005 at 07:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
if you're going to make something for internet pros, go for google, if you're going to make for idiots, go for azoogle...
Its for the guyz here and my other friends. My friends are pros so ... :P
So u get money from google when ppl (unique users of course) click it rite?
how does azoogleads work?
* John Anderton googles it :)
menthix just saw ur reply. I get like 7 - 8 unique users everyday?
How do they check unique users ? by ip or by the time u visit like if u visit again after 1hr then ur a unique user ?
RE: Ads you use by Striker on 03-11-2005 at 07:40 PM

lol, lets hope google doesn't find out about this thread. Its against their TOS to say how much you make.
I use google and BidVertiser

RE: Ads you use by John Anderton on 03-11-2005 at 07:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Striker
lol, lets hope google doesn't find out about this thread. Its against their TOS to say how much you make.
I know. No one said how much they give per click. Just pm tb to edit it :P
quote:
I use google and BidVertiser
is that bidcertiser good ? Whats the site n all  (ill google dont worry) whats the pay (pm for a general idea if i can make enough to have a domain name :))
RE: Ads you use by Striker on 03-11-2005 at 07:47 PM

they actually show how much money each ad is worth.. they take about 50% of the profit of the ad, which is annoying, but most of the time the ad is worth about 1$.. so you get somewhere around 50 cents a click, which isn't so bad

RE: Ads you use by Menthix on 03-11-2005 at 07:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Forget about banners then, sorry. I had Google ads on a site with about 150 - 200 uniques a day just for fun :), it would take me months to generate cash only for a domain name from that. BTW, it's not like domainnames are that expensive, i've got mine for 15 dollar a year or someting and i'm sure you can find cheaper ones.

quote:
Thats 30$ per 10 approx users tb rite?
No, like he says, 10 thousand.. a day...

edit: Yes, Google show how much you're earning in your statistics... but you're not supposed to talk about that on any public site (in fact you should never talk about it to any non-Google person. It's against Google's rules to tell how much you earn, if they find out you will be banned.
RE: Ads you use by Eljay on 03-11-2005 at 07:47 PM

quote:

quote:
10.000 unique visitors a day,

he means 10,000, thats right TEN THOUSAND PER DAY!! ;)

* Eljay faints
RE: Ads you use by John Anderton on 03-11-2005 at 07:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX

i was shocked how it could be 10 for the stuffplug site :| but he put a "." there :|
quote:
I had Google ads on a site with about 150 - 200 uniques a day just for fun
Next month its gonna go up to 50 - 60 so isnt that of use cause i need to make 0.75 usd a month (A)

quote:
but most of the time the ad is worth about 1$.. so you get somewhere around 50 cents a click, which isn't so ba
thats really good cause at that rate i can even get a new graphics card (i have saved money and need a bit more :P)

RE: Ads you use by TheBlasphemer on 03-11-2005 at 07:53 PM

quote:
quote:
Forget about banners then, sorry. I had Google ads on a site with about 150 - 200 uniques a day just for fun :), it would take me

quote:

edit: Yes, Google show how much you're earning in your statistics... but you're not supposed to talk about that on any public site (in fact you should never talk about it to any non-Google person. It's against Google's rules to tell how much you earn, if they find out you will be banned.

I'm with azoogleads, and my latest google cheque is already in, so they can nban me if they want to :P
RE: Ads you use by Menthix on 03-11-2005 at 07:58 PM

quote:
but he put a "." there
He's dutch :p. We put . for grouping and , for decimals :).

quote:
I'm with azoogleads, and my latest google cheque is already in, so they can nban me if they want to
heh (y)
RE: Ads you use by TheBlasphemer on 03-11-2005 at 07:59 PM

quote:
quote:
but he put a "." there
)
Every sane person does :P
RE: Ads you use by L. Coyote on 03-11-2005 at 08:39 PM

quote:
quote:
but he put a "." there
We do here too.
However, in many places, decimals usually are 2 and by the context of the number (StuffPlug site), it's really strange that one would think 10 UV per day, tbh. :p

Anyway, if you're not desperate to make money, give any program a try. Google is nice, but you gotta be patient if you don't have many visits. :P

If you want cheap domains go to GoDaddy.com (Y) I'd use it if I had a CC, I had to get a .net for 12USD yesterday at NUTdomains.com, cuz they accept some Argentinian PayPal-like thing.
RE: Ads you use by Jhrono on 03-11-2005 at 09:38 PM

* Jhrono thinks of a decent project, decent design, decent php, decent domain and decent profits...

I'd like to have a project:S...

RE: Ads you use by L. Coyote on 03-11-2005 at 10:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by johny
* johny thinks of a decent project, decent design, decent php, decent domain and decent profits...

I'd like to have a project:S...
Think up of something new or not overused for a site. :o I won't give out ideas, but I'm sure you can think of something cool. :D

If you don't have the knowledge to do it, learn (if you're really interested).

But a piece of advice, whatever project you do, don't do it for the money. Sure, keep in mind the expenses and a way to get an income, but it's not always about the $ ;) (Y)
RE: Ads you use by Jhrono on 03-11-2005 at 10:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
but it's not always about the $

Ofcourse !!...:dodgy: Leo what were u thinking?i was going to make a full of ads site?:S :lol:...nah..i've got to have a good idea and then make it with intelligence..
RE: Ads you use by L. Coyote on 03-11-2005 at 11:09 PM

quote:
Ofcourse !!...:dodgy: Leo what were u thinking?i was going to make a full of ads site?:S :lol:...nah..i've got to have a good idea and then make it with intelligence..
:P Bah, in the last years, I've seen very desperate people who did crappy websites and filled them with ads. I feel responsible for the well-being of the users, lol.
RE: Ads you use by .Roy on 03-11-2005 at 11:13 PM

I say you should go with Google.. Because its a known company and you can trust it to pay you. Also you can make it match your layout i read once somewhere.. So it wont stand out in rainbowish colors or red colors, or blinking colors like in most ads.

RE: Ads you use by TheBlasphemer on 03-11-2005 at 11:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes
I say you should go with Google.. Because its a known company and you can trust it to pay you. Also you can make it match your layout i read once somewhere.. So it wont stand out in rainbowish colors or red colors, or blinking colors like in most ads.

AzoogleAds has been in business for a long time, and a lot of big websites like mess.be use it.
furthermore you can pick exactly what ads you want on your website :)
The fact that on my website they are semi-random is because I wrote my own PHP script to optimize which ads to display :D
RE: Ads you use by John Anderton on 03-12-2005 at 03:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
Anyway, if you're not desperate to make money, give any program a try. Google is nice, but you gotta be patient if you don't have many visits.
I dont need to make a lot of money. I just need 1 USD (Actually more like .75) a month :) But if i make a bit more then i can use it for development. I could ask my parents for money but i feel this is a better way :P

RE: Ads you use by .Roy on 03-12-2005 at 08:36 AM

You can always ask your fellow forum members to click your adds :-)

RE: Ads you use by Jhrono on 03-12-2005 at 09:17 AM

quote:
but i feel this is a better way

You think like me;)..

well i'm already up, its 9:17 and i slept...5 hours:S...i'm gonna take a bath and then gonna do some scratches for a future website.
RE: Ads you use by John Anderton on 03-12-2005 at 09:48 AM

quote:
i slept...5 hours

I have my exams. Just came back from them. Slept 6 hrs last nite. Gave the maths 1 exam today morning and im back here. Well not so much as the forums as web designing. 1 exam to go that too on monday. The exam is maths 2 (calculus) :)

quote:
i'm gonna take a bath and then gonna do some scratches for a future website.
I took so much time in thinking up pages and their content. Thinking required more time then actually making it. Actual making time was 4 hrs but i had to think a lot about the content even tho it is a personal cum other stuff site.

quote:
You can always ask your fellow forum members to click your adds
Does that mean that u will click em :rolleyes:
Hope they do click atleast one ad for me if they feel they could :) That would really be gr8 cause that alone would give me a new domain name :)

quote:
You think like me..
Ya i do so cause i want my parents to get me some ram and a new graphics card :rolleyes: Ram i will get for sure but i wanna pass the gc thru as well :P (or ill get it when my bro comes back :P)
RE: Ads you use by .Roy on 03-12-2005 at 09:54 AM

Sure ill click them :-) Just remind me once a day lol.. Its not like i lose anything from this.

RE: Ads you use by John Anderton on 03-12-2005 at 09:56 AM

quote:
Sure ill click them Just remind me once a day lol.. Its not like i lose anything from this.
Now that u said that u can expect one mail and one pm reminder every day. I'll click on them too everyday (A) but i'll do it after some time interval so that each of them is a unique user (A)
RE: Ads you use by .Roy on 03-12-2005 at 12:55 PM

what exactly is a unique user? Is it an ip address? If so why dont u just change ur ip bunch of times and keep on clicking the links :-)

RE: Ads you use by John Anderton on 03-12-2005 at 01:53 PM

quote:
what exactly is a unique user? Is it an ip address? If so why dont u just change ur ip bunch of times and keep on clicking the links
Depends on systems i think.
Some places it is (like in some web counters for pages) its like it puts a cookie and if u return before 1 hr then the cookie is refreshed and it the counter doesnt move forward. If 1 hr has lapsed then a new cookie is put and the counter moves forward. The time 1 hr can be adjusted.
For one of the ads group that i was seeing..... i read that they will  not consider the clicks on the site if u sit and click the same link everytime. U will need to refresh the page n click it again. So the definition varies a bit ...... not much tho. I'll see if i can get a link to the page i was talking about ....
RE: Ads you use by .Roy on 03-12-2005 at 01:58 PM

so just delete cookies and change ur ip.. LoL
whats ur sites url?

RE: Ads you use by John Anderton on 03-12-2005 at 02:01 PM

quote:
so just delete cookies and change ur ip.. LoL
whats ur sites url?
I have only made the layout and buttons and also put in the banner. I need to put in the php scripts and all the content :P Expect a pm by monday - wednesday :)