Shoutbox

MSN7 Crashes with Webcam - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN7 Crashes with Webcam (/showthread.php?tid=41126)

MSN7 Crashes with Webcam by alebowgm on 03-25-2005 at 04:27 AM

Ever since I have moved over to MSN 7 from 6.2, my webcam will crash when I am in a conversation where both myself and the other user have webcams working. We are both on high speed modems, XP SP2, latest MSN 7 with latest Plus! and Stuffplug-NG plugins but it keeps on happening, normally 5-10 minutes into the conversation.

Both our webcams are Logitech (one is a Quickcam Messenger, mine is a Quickcam Pro 3000), and being that MSN 7 is 'powered by Logitech' I didnt think there would be any issues.

Any help is appreciated...

RE: MSN7 Crashes with Webcam by albert on 03-25-2005 at 04:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by alebowgm
Ever since I have moved over to MSN 7 from 6.2, my webcam will crash when I am in a conversation where both myself and the other user have webcams working. We are both on high speed modems, XP SP2, latest MSN 7 with latest Plus! and Stuffplug-NG plugins but it keeps on happening, normally 5-10 minutes into the conversation.

Both our webcams are Logitech (one is a Quickcam Messenger, mine is a Quickcam Pro 3000), and being that MSN 7 is 'powered by Logitech' I didnt think there would be any issues.

Any help is appreciated...

ye had the same thing, and i wasnt the only one.. i think the msn 7 beta has a problem.. not with everyone but with some.. dunno why thought.. any one has a clue?
RE: MSN7 Crashes with Webcam by Joa on 03-25-2005 at 05:03 AM

i dunno, i found this on mess.be
http://www.mess.be/msnmessengerfaq/idx/0/091/arti...senger_7_BETA.html

it basically lists all the bugs in msn beta :-/ .. the web cam thing is # 30.
i have not been able to find a solution on the internet as of yet, so here is the quote from the link that i posted above :lol::

"These things happen (but not necessarily always and on every system) and are expected to be fixed in the final public release of MSN Messenger 7 in (April?) 2005"

sorry :sad:

RE: MSN7 Crashes with Webcam by albert on 03-25-2005 at 05:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
i dunno, i found this on mess.be
http://www.mess.be/msnmessengerfaq/idx/0/091/arti...senger_7_BETA.html

it basically lists all the bugs in msn beta :-/ .. the web cam thing is # 30.
i have not been able to find a solution on the internet as of yet, so here is the quote from the link that i posted above :lol::

"These things happen (but not necessarily always and on every system) and are expected to be fixed in the final public release of MSN Messenger 7 in (April?) 2005"

sorry :sad:

hum.. ye.. oki well.. its ok.. ill live throught it.. waiting for the final version to b released.. :) is so long thought!!
RE: MSN7 Crashes with Webcam by phy on 03-25-2005 at 01:59 PM

Umm I don't know if this will help or not but MSN doesn't support 256 colour mode. I think to use it's audio and video features, you have to set your colour quality to 16-bit. Myself I've been having the same problem with MSN crashing when I use my webcam or transfer files and I have 6.2 installed. I changed my colour quality settings and now I'm waiting for somebody to come online so I can see if it made a difference or not. Regardless, this is getting traumatizing now lol :$

RE: MSN7 Crashes with Webcam by mwe99 on 03-25-2005 at 02:02 PM

Mine used to crash when the person closed off their webcam, but it seems to work now... wait for the official release of MSN then it probably will work again :) Don't forget that they are in BETA testing at the mo :)

RE: MSN7 Crashes with Webcam by phy on 03-25-2005 at 02:07 PM

You know, it's kind of weird because I was originally using the 7.0 beta version and then one day it wouldn't let me log in at all so i decided to go back to 6.2. I didn't like it as much so then I thought I'd upgrade back to 7.0 and it doesn't let me do anything. As soon as I log in, it just sits there :S . I try to open up a conversation and it crashes :$

RE: MSN7 Crashes with Webcam by alebowgm on 03-25-2005 at 06:16 PM

Obviously, I am not using 256 colors, I am up to 32bit Colors at a Screen Resolution of 1600-by-1200 pixles.

Just a real pain in the ass that it doesnt work. You would think it would be one of the main things they would want to fix...

RE: MSN7 Crashes with Webcam by vincerooney on 03-26-2005 at 02:05 PM

You say you're using the latest msn 7? Surely then that'd be an illegal beta you're using. I don't think we can really complain about things not working on msn 7 since its still only a beta and still hasnt been officially released.

RE: MSN7 Crashes with Webcam by mwe99 on 03-26-2005 at 03:15 PM

Yeah, unfourtunately you have to wait for the official release of MSN, which is planned for April... It's probably a minor bug which has been fixed now :)