Shoutbox

Song under nickname - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Song under nickname (/showthread.php?tid=42229)

Song under nickname by Koncept on 04-08-2005 at 05:14 PM

Ok, i'm actually posting for my brother, he could use some help,
He has msn 7.0 the official version and also the latest Messenger Plus just like me
Now i have downloaded this plugin "gen_msn.dll" so that the song i'm playing in winamp shows up in that message thing below my name, or in the main msn window behind my name with headphones in front of it.
It works with me, but if my brother installs it it won't show the song he's playing at the moment.
We've reinstalled msn, winamp and the plugin but that didn't work..
any help would be nice?

Thanx in advance.

RE: Song under nickname by M73A on 04-08-2005 at 05:15 PM

have you activated the plugin in msn and in winamp? i had this problem with Windows MEdia Player i had to goto the plugins section and turn on the msn messenger now playing thing

RE: Song under nickname by Koncept on 04-08-2005 at 06:13 PM

Well in msn under the name u can turn it on right? you can choose between a message and turning that on..well it's turned on there, but i don't know how to turn it on in winamp because it automaticly worked for me? So if you can tell me how i turn it on in winamp that would be very nice of you and if you also can tell me how to turn it on in media player i would be most thankfull.

RE: Song under nickname by RaceProUK on 04-08-2005 at 07:27 PM

Preferences > Plugins > General Purpose
If it's listed, it's loaded.

RE: Song under nickname by Zephyr on 04-08-2005 at 08:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Well in msn under the name u can turn it on right? you can choose between a message and turning that on..well it's turned on there, but i don't know how to turn it on in winamp because it automaticly worked for me? So if you can tell me how i turn it on in winamp that would be very nice of you and if you also can tell me how to turn it on in media player i would be most thankfull.

I'm not sure how to do this in winamp, but just look for the plugins section. Maybe under tools. There should be a MSN music plugin which you need to enable.
RE: RE: Song under nickname by Koncept on 04-09-2005 at 08:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Preferences > Plugins > General Purpose
If it's listed, it's loaded.

If it's not listed, how do i load it?
RE: Song under nickname by Hank on 04-09-2005 at 08:36 AM

have a look in Plugins called TOASTER . i posted it  ,,its also on the mess.be website if he wants a different plugin  or PM mee an i might be able to file send it to you

RE: Song under nickname by Koncept on 04-09-2005 at 12:15 PM

What if it's listed in winamp and loaded in msn and it still don't work?

And how can u load a plugin into winamp without going to their site?

RE: Song under nickname by Koncept on 04-09-2005 at 02:26 PM

Ok, now i've copied my winamp map to his computer and then the song he played would show up so we thought we had fixed it..then we shut winamp and msn down cuz we were going to play a game..now he tries it again..and it stopped working?
What's wrong?

RE: Song under nickname by Connexion on 04-09-2005 at 03:21 PM

I also have this problem with Winamp. I thought I fixed when I reinstalled everything, but when I restarted my computer, it doesn't work anymore.

I've also tried using Windows Media Player and I made sure the MSN Messenger Plugin was activated.... but still no luck.

Finally, I tried iTunes as well. Nothing.

So I've tried all three, yet nothing shows up. I'm stumped. 8-)

RE: Song under nickname by Tasha on 04-09-2005 at 09:01 PM

I had this self same problem with Winamp. Here is what I did:

Got gen_MSN.dll from www.mess.be (go Donwload>Browse All MSN Files> Search for 'The Blasphemer'> click the bottom link 'MSN Messenger Music Plugin' then download.)

Installed it. :p

It didn't work for me at first, so I asked a friend for help, and they told me to download this file.

I then went C:/Program Files/<user name here>/Winamp/Plugins, deleted the gen_MSN.dll that was in there and replaced it with the one I had. I then restarted MSN and Winamp and its worked ever since.

Then make sure under your name you have 'Turn On What I'm Listening To' ticked. :)

If there isn't a gen_MSN.dll in your Winamp Plugins Folder, don't worry, just put the one you have downloaded in there.

Hope this helps. (y)

RE: Song under nickname by Connexion on 04-09-2005 at 09:36 PM

Hi Tasha,

I did exactly what you said, I even restarted my computer, but still nothing shows up. :(

Thanks for the help though. :) (Y)

What I have:

• Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
    Messenger Client Version: 7.0.0777
    Messenger Plus! Version: 3.50.0124

The Plug-ins:
  • StuffPlug-NG
    Systemstat
    ColorNick v2
    Screenshot Sender 3
    File Transfer Plus

I'd made sure that in StuffPlug, "Allow multiple lines in your display name" was unchecked. Apparently, a friend of mine had it checked and his music didn't show. He unchecked it, and voila! It worked. I tried mine, but no luck. Still nothing. *-)
RE: Song under nickname by Tasha on 04-09-2005 at 09:45 PM

Hmm.. seems odd.. Try reinstalling stuffplug and doing what your friend did. :)

RE: Song under nickname by RaceProUK on 04-10-2005 at 01:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Connexion
I'd made sure that in StuffPlug, "Allow multiple lines in your display name" was unchecked. Apparently, a friend of mine had it checked and his music didn't show. He unchecked it, and voila! It worked. I tried mine, but no luck. Still nothing. *-)
Try disabling Chat-Only Name, if you have it enabled.
RE: Song under nickname by Connexion on 04-10-2005 at 04:24 PM

Okay, I removed Plus and everything associated with it. Reinstalled MSN 7 (now it's unmodified). I tried playing something in WMP (with the plug-in enabled, of course), but it still doesn't show anything. :|

There must be something on my system conflicting it, no? ^o)

RE: Song under nickname by Exca on 04-10-2005 at 05:27 PM

Strange, with me it just works perfectly and i never installed a plugin...

RE: Song under nickname by Andre on 04-11-2005 at 07:05 PM

I'm having problems with this too. It works fine with Media Player under the default settings and stuff, but when using any of the WinAmp Plugins/MSN Messenger 7.0 stuff it refuses to budge.

I've tried whats directed on mess.be and Tasha's comments but neither work. Please correct me if i'm wrong, but all i have to do is check the "Show what im listening to" box, not add any of the (!Song) (!Artist) kinda stuff to the personal message?

Edit: After several MSN Messenger/Winamp restarts and several Toaster/MSN Plugin by TB reinstalls it's finally working. It seems persistance is the key here 8-)