Shoutbox

iTunes in MSN 7.0's Personal Message - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: iTunes in MSN 7.0's Personal Message (/showthread.php?tid=42980)

iTunes in MSN 7.0's Personal Message by duncy-poo on 04-16-2005 at 11:07 PM

I just started using MSN Messenger 7.0 and I have Plus installed and everything, but I also use iTunes and I want to use the now playing feature in the personal message field...

Is there any way to get this to work with iTunes.  Someone recomended Messpatch from mess.be, but there was no option to enable this feature...

Please help!  It's the only thing thats bugging me about Messenger now!!

Thanks

Duncan

[Image: status.png]

RE: iTunes in MSN 7.0's Personal Message by Zephyr on 04-16-2005 at 11:22 PM

Itunes already works with this feature without any need of plugins. Just play the song on Itunes, turn on the what i'm listening to for the personal message and it should appear as your personal message.

This thread is about the same thing.
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=42...d=433571#pid433571

RE: iTunes in MSN 7.0's Personal Message by duncy-poo on 04-16-2005 at 11:36 PM

I tried that, but it doesn't want to work.  It comes up with the error:

This feature requires Windows Media Player 9 or later.  To install the latest version of Windows Media Player, click Ok.

I dunno why this isn't working for me...

RE: iTunes in MSN 7.0's Personal Message by Zephyr on 04-16-2005 at 11:44 PM

What version of windows are you running? It is only compatible with  Microsoft Windows 2000 or later.

MSN Messenger Help

RE: iTunes in MSN 7.0's Personal Message by duncy-poo on 04-16-2005 at 11:48 PM

I am running Windows XP Home Edition.

Does WMP 9 and later have some other feature that is needed even when getting tags from iTunes?  SHould I install windows media player just in case?

(It's downloading now...)

RE: iTunes in MSN 7.0's Personal Message by Zephyr on 04-17-2005 at 12:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by duncy-poo
I am running Windows XP Home Edition.

Does WMP 9 and later have some other feature that is needed even when getting tags from iTunes?  SHould I install windows media player just in case?

(It's downloading now...)

I don't think that the feature needs WMP 9 or later to work with Itunes, but if thats what its telling you to do then you should try it. You could try updating Itunes as well.

Also, could you post whether downloading WMP 9 fixes the problem?
RE: iTunes in MSN 7.0's Personal Message by duncy-poo on 04-17-2005 at 12:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
Also, could you post whether downloading WMP 9 fixes the problem?

I surely could!

It did!  Woot!  Sometimes Microsoft DO give you useful advice then.  Shame I ignored it.

Well theres your answer everyone!  Another way for MS to get WMP on your computer! (Y)

At least it's working, and I can go to bed Satisfied (it is 0117 here... I'm tired |-) )

Thanks
RE: iTunes in MSN 7.0's Personal Message by Zephyr on 04-17-2005 at 12:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by duncy-poo
Another way for MS to get WMP on your computer!

Certainly is! Glad you got it working.
RE: iTunes in MSN 7.0's Personal Message by dan_kwc2000 on 04-21-2005 at 06:15 PM

I use sonicstage and would like to use it with this personal message thing aswell.  Anyone know how to do it?

RE: iTunes in MSN 7.0's Personal Message by duncy-poo on 04-21-2005 at 06:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dan_kwc2000
I use sonicstage and would like to use it with this personal message thing aswell.  Anyone know how to do it?

I don't know... For iTunes it was built in, all you needed was Windows Media PLayer 9 or later for it to work.  I'm not sure tat it supports Sonicstage.  I tried looking around for you, but I couldn't find anything.  Good luck though!  I'll keep an eye open!
RE: iTunes in MSN 7.0's Personal Message by dan_kwc2000 on 04-21-2005 at 07:10 PM

cheers mate

RE: iTunes in MSN 7.0's Personal Message by Olympus21 on 10-16-2009 at 10:07 AM

I don't think that the feature needs WMP 9 or later to work with Itunes, but if thats what its telling you to do then you should try it. You could try updating Itunes as well.

Regards

Olympus

____
dossier surendettement