Shoutbox

music - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: music (/showthread.php?tid=43047)

Music by insomnia on 04-16-2005 at 04:41 PM

I have done everything you are supposed to so other people can see what music i'm listening to and yet it still doesn't work. Please help me, its quite annoying! It doesn't work with itunes or WMP and yes i have checked the box which says about letting it display my music information.

RE: Music by M73A on 04-16-2005 at 04:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by insomnia
I have done everything you are supposed to so other people can see what music i'm listening to and yet it still doesn't work. Please help me, its quite annoying! It doesn't work with itunes or WMP and yes i have checked the box which says about letting it display my music information.

what box is that:S the one in the plugins section of wmp?^o)

EDIT: im not sure if this was the problem, but it fixed it for me at one point....when i installed msn7 in a custom folder it didnt work, but when i let it install in program files\msn messenger\............... it worked....

RE: Music by Zephyr on 04-16-2005 at 04:46 PM

When you say you have done everything, could you just say what you  have done. Like, have you got the plugin checked for WMP. Open WMP, tools, plugins, check the MSN Music plugin. If it's already checked, then uncheck and recheck it.

For Itunes, I'm not sure as you don't need a plugin for it to display music.

If it still won't work, I would suggest reinstalling MSN Messenger.

RE: RE: Music by insomnia on 04-16-2005 at 04:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
quote:

what box is that:S the one in the plugins section of wmp?^o)

yeh that one and the one in options. what do i do?

quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
When you say you have done everything, could you just say what you  have done. Like, have you got the plugin checked for WMP. Open WMP, tools, plugins, check the MSN Music plugin. If it's already checked, then uncheck and recheck it.

For Itunes, I'm not sure as you don't need a plugin for it to display music.

If it still won't work, I would suggest reinstalling MSN Messenger.

i've done all of that yes. i've also reinstalled msn several times. The thing is it did work for a while when i first got it and then stopped and now won't work again.
RE: Music by Zephyr on 04-16-2005 at 05:02 PM

Have you actually uninstalled MSN and reinstalled, or just repaired because repairing it may not fix it to how it should be.

You could also try removing the MSN music plugin. Open WMP, tools, options, plugins tab, click background(left box), select MSN Music plugin and clck remove.

Then try reinstalling MSN.

RE: RE: Music by insomnia on 04-16-2005 at 05:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
Have you actually uninstalled MSN and reinstalled, or just repaired because repairing it may not fix it to how it should be.

You could also try removing the MSN music plugin. Open WMP, tools, options, plugins tab, click background(left box), select MSN Music plugin and clck remove.

Then try reinstalling MSN.

i removed it through add/remove programs, deleted MSN messenger folder and then reinstalled. it didn't work lol.
RE: Music by Zephyr on 04-16-2005 at 05:52 PM

quote:
i removed it through add/remove programs, deleted MSN messenger folder and then reinstalled. it didn't work lol.

Ok, but did you also try removing the plugin as i said in my previous post?
music by insomnia on 04-17-2005 at 06:41 PM

yes, it still isn't fixed. today i went on my old account and the music thing worked fine. i went back on my other one and it didn't work and now it doesn't work on my old account. My friend went on my account on their computer and it worked fine, so it must be something my end. any suggestions on how to get it working? its very odd and no one seems to have had this problem.

RE: music by lopardo on 04-17-2005 at 06:55 PM

Don't open a new thread, as we won't know what you're talking about. I read the other thread, what are you trying to use it with? iTunes or WMP? What WMP version do you have? Is the WMP plugin installed correctly and enabled?