Shoutbox

Help with msn sounds. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Help with msn sounds. (/showthread.php?tid=44062)

Help with msn sounds. by lpblink88 on 05-03-2005 at 08:42 AM

I am desperate for help
About a week ago on msn, I clicked that thing about play a sound when contacts sign in or sign out. I picked that ringing noise that sounds like a telephone. But it kept ringing all the time. Even when no one signed in or out. So I went back and unchecked the box. But now it rings all the time, even when I'm not signed into msn and it annoys me so much. If I'm  listening to music, suddenly it rings in the middle of the song. It annoys my whole family.
If you have any ideas or suggestions on what to do please tell me! Thanks so much!

RE: Help with msn sounds. by .Roy on 05-03-2005 at 11:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lpblink88
I am desperate for help
About a week ago on msn, I clicked that thing about play a sound when contacts sign in or sign out. I picked that ringing noise that sounds like a telephone. But it kept ringing all the time. Even when no one signed in or out. So I went back and unchecked the box. But now it rings all the time, even when I'm not signed into msn and it annoys me so much. If I'm  listening to music, suddenly it rings in the middle of the song. It annoys my whole family.
If you have any ideas or suggestions on what to do please tell me! Thanks so much!

You can always go back to default settings of Msg Plus!

Go to the Msn Messenger Buddy List > Plus! > Preferences > Reset to Default. > Ok

If that doesnt work try reinstalling Msg Plus!
RE: Help with msn sounds. by lpblink88 on 05-03-2005 at 11:12 AM

Well I've removed and reinstalled msn twice. And today i saw the defauly settings thing and thought omg this'll probably fix it. But it didn't. :( I hate this! But thanks so much for replying!

RE: Help with msn sounds. by .Roy on 05-03-2005 at 11:19 AM

quote:
Well I've removed and reinstalled msn twice. And today i saw the defauly settings thing and thought omg this'll probably fix it. But it didn't. :( I hate this! But thanks so much for replying!

Ok go to

the Messenger Buddy list window > Plus! > Preferences > Notifications > Check Enable contact sign in & sign out notifications > Click on each Group that u set the sounds too and just erase the sign in sound and sign-out sound. Click ok when u did this for everyone that you set the sounds too.
RE: Help with msn sounds. by lpblink88 on 05-03-2005 at 11:21 AM

ok trying now

No its still ringing
RE: Help with msn sounds. by mwe99 on 05-03-2005 at 11:41 AM

Uninstall Plus and try again :)

RE: Help with msn sounds. by lpblink88 on 05-03-2005 at 11:42 AM

Auuuuuurgh I hate this so much!

RE: Help with msn sounds. by Puerco on 05-03-2005 at 08:31 PM

Just look for the soundfile on your disk and delete or rename it.

RE: Help with msn sounds. by Shezi on 05-03-2005 at 08:58 PM

quote:
I am desperate for help

if ur problem is not fixed by the above advices then it may be some problem in yr woindows sound scheme..... turn it to windows default...
control panel> sound and audio devices> sounds >sound schemes> windows default> ok.... then check again.... if this works or ....... :s...

edit: also check ur problem without msgplus! by quitting it from task manager... does the problem fixed... ????if yes then it would be problem with msgplus!....
RE: Help with msn sounds. by lpblink88 on 05-04-2005 at 06:31 AM

I just did the windows default sounds thing and i havent heard a ring in......2 minutes. Normally it would have rung at leats 6 times by now. If this worked thank you so much!