Shoutbox

Have you seen the cover of TIME magazine for this month? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Have you seen the cover of TIME magazine for this month? (/showthread.php?tid=44183)

Have you seen the cover of TIME magazine for this month? by .blade// on 05-05-2005 at 03:08 PM

I was at Wal-Mart, waiting in line, and I saw a TIME magazine on the shelf. Guess who's ugly mug was on the cover...

[Image: 1101050509_400.jpg]

(You can view the article at http://www.time.com/time/covers/1101050509/index.html)

How the hell is the "last" (I bet there will be more) Star Wars movie deserving of the cover of TIME magazine? :-/

RE: Have you seen the cover of TIME magazine for this month? by Dempsey on 05-05-2005 at 03:15 PM

Why is Time magazine?  What's normally on the cover?

And yea i heard theyre gonna do some more movies, in between the ones already done i think so like Episode 4.5 or something lol :P

RE: Have you seen the cover of TIME magazine for this month? by Pr0xY on 05-05-2005 at 03:20 PM

I just got done reading about it in my school library.  The issue has some nice pictures and articles. :D

* Pr0xY goes back to :drool: over it again...

RE: Have you seen the cover of TIME magazine for this month? by Anubis on 05-05-2005 at 03:59 PM

I heard he's written a 7, 8 and 9...following on from 6. But a new threat to the newly reformed Republic and Jedi forces.

RE: Have you seen the cover of TIME magazine for this month? by Jimcando on 05-05-2005 at 04:30 PM

They doing a TV series supposedly. Dunno when its gonna be set.

RE: Have you seen the cover of TIME magazine for this month? by mwe99 on 05-05-2005 at 04:32 PM

Personally it never appealed to me... To me it just always seemed a long tv eposide (no plots given away for people who've not seen it)

RE: Have you seen the cover of TIME magazine for this month? by gif83 on 05-05-2005 at 04:35 PM

hmm that has made me feel as if i should do a photoshop jobby of patchou on the front of TIME mag.

can i be bothered? feel free to steal my idea and post your versions up here. you may need to wait a while for me to do one... we shall see.

EDIT: btw does anyone have a decent mug shot of patchou?

RE: Have you seen the cover of TIME magazine for this month? by .blade// on 05-05-2005 at 04:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
Why is Time magazine?  What's normally on the cover?

And yea i heard theyre gonna do some more movies, in between the ones already done i think so like Episode 4.5 or something lol :P

:|

Time magazine is usually about important things, like terroism, the war overseas and the Tsunami in Asia.
RE: Have you seen the cover of TIME magazine for this month? by Jhrono on 05-05-2005 at 04:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blade
sunami

Tsunami :P..

These new era starwars SUCK BIG TIME...the first ones to be made(Episode 6 7 8 or something like that)Are the best!these new ones suck!Bla...to many special effects and less decent story
RE: Have you seen the cover of TIME magazine for this month? by gif83 on 05-05-2005 at 10:30 PM

ok so i said i might do one and i did... but i used a crummy pic of patchou so the picture is really small...

[Image: timepatchou9ed.jpg]

bonus points to those that can read the small text

RE: Have you seen the cover of TIME magazine for this month? by mwe99 on 05-05-2005 at 10:44 PM

Lol

Patchou Buys Microsoft

MsgPlus! cutes cancer?

RE: Have you seen the cover of TIME magazine for this month? by Millenium_edition on 05-05-2005 at 10:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
MsgPlus! cutes cancer?
cures!

btw, this is the best time magazine cover ever made:
http://sam.zoy.org/fun/goatse/time_goatse.png <-- warning, shocking, please remove if inappropriate.

:D
RE: Have you seen the cover of TIME magazine for this month? by Purity on 05-05-2005 at 10:53 PM

I remember that pic....:dodgy: It's an asshole.... And M_E Likes it..:dodgy:

RE: Have you seen the cover of TIME magazine for this month? by CookieRevised on 05-06-2005 at 01:49 AM

quote:
I was at Wal-Mart, waiting in line, and I saw a TIME magazine on the shelf. Guess who's ugly mug was on the cover...
so?
quote:
How the hell is the "last" (I bet there will be more) Star Wars movie deserving of the cover of TIME magazine? :-/
Why not?
quote:
Time magazine is usually about important things, like terroism, the war overseas and the Tsunami in Asia.
You need to read it more I assume... many entertainment subjects have been on Time magazine before and the main (cover) subjects are not things like terrorism, wars and disasters...

Oh, and what is so special about it? Because it is the last movie in a series of one of the biggest SF stories which started back in the late 70's. This is a major cinematography's event and history in the making. Star Wars has always been a major pilar in the cinematography history and is a "living" monument for cinematography in general. Without it, and without George Lucas, you wouldn't had the movies (and especially the movie FX technology) you have today...

And a second reason is that Time magazine has always convered Star Wars (for above reasons) and thus "needed" to cover this one too of course...

Not everything evolves around games you know... 

EDIT: GIF83, nice cover (Y)... but stay on topic (this goes to others too), this is still general chit chat, not T&T...
RE: Have you seen the cover of TIME magazine for this month? by TylerG on 05-11-2005 at 02:30 AM

Well said CookieRevised:P

RE: Have you seen the cover of TIME magazine for this month? by John Anderton on 05-11-2005 at 02:38 AM

I can get a 1st day 1st show ticket but it is my cousins marraige :dodgy:
Meh ..... ill catch it on the 21st ;)
:bow: Darth Vader :bow: