Shoutbox

Messenger Problem.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Messenger Problem.. (/showthread.php?tid=44399)

Messenger Problem.. by Y2Pdogg on 05-09-2005 at 12:33 AM

For some reason, after I sign, I'll type something to someone and then I get signed out for no reason at all. Then I try to sign back in and I have to try repeatly cause it keeps saying the service is temporarily unavailable. When I get signed back in, it just repeats the process over..

Help plz!

RE: Messenger Problem.. by mwe99 on 05-09-2005 at 12:37 AM

DO you have any firewalls/security programs?

Did this work before you installed something?

RE: Messenger Problem.. by Y2Pdogg on 05-09-2005 at 12:39 AM

I already cut my firewalls off and tried it...still didn't work

I haven't installed anything. In fact, this is the first time I've touched the computer all day and Messenger was working perfectly fine last night.

RE: Messenger Problem.. by FrozernFire on 05-09-2005 at 01:21 AM

might be a internet connection problem. are other programs eg. firefox/IE affected?

RE: Messenger Problem.. by Y2Pdogg on 05-09-2005 at 01:35 AM

I'm using Firefox but I just sent a email to 6 of my friends (the ones I talk to the most) and they are all having the exact same problem! Is something wrong with the server or something?

EDIT: oh wait, you asked if anything else is affected and the answer is no. just msn messenger.

RE: Messenger Problem.. by skalra63 on 05-09-2005 at 02:36 PM

happens to my messenger too. fresh install of messenger doesnt help either

RE: Messenger Problem.. by mwe99 on 05-09-2005 at 02:38 PM

Occasionally MSN Servers get 'overloaded' and you will be signed out for no reason at all. Some of my contacts have experienced this signing in and out, they simple waited and it seems to be fixed. Not much that you can really do if it's related to the MSN Server side.