Shoutbox

plus for mac os X - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: plus for mac os X (/showthread.php?tid=45475)

plus for mac os X by cclemente on 05-29-2005 at 11:47 AM

hello, i'm form spain and i'm new in this forum...
I would like to know if there is a version of MsgPlus for mac os X becouse the official version is very poor...

THANKS

RE: plus for mac os X by uberdosis on 05-29-2005 at 11:59 AM

i think they are calling the official version of msn messenger for osx poor.

RE: plus for mac os X by Zephyr on 05-29-2005 at 12:21 PM

There is no version of plus! for mac and there never will be due to lack of API on the mac version of MSN Messenger. Basically MSN Messenger for mac does not have the technology for plus to run on.

RE: plus for mac os X by absorbation on 05-29-2005 at 03:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
There is no version of plus! for mac and there never will be due to lack of API on the mac version of MSN Messenger. Basically MSN Messenger for mac does not have the technology for plus to run on.

Also patchou does not own one and there is not enough demand for it :P
RE: plus for mac os X by albert on 05-29-2005 at 03:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cclemente
hello, i'm form spain and i'm new in this forum...
I would like to know if there is a version of MsgPlus for mac os X becouse the official version is very poor...

THANKS

The mac msn versions are seriously horrible. I pesonally hate macs, but I think Microsoft should update their messenger clients to at least window's 6.2. I feel pain for my friends chatting on a mac :'(

RE: plus for mac os X by aNILEator on 05-30-2005 at 11:41 AM

I wanna try a Mac to see what all the fuss is about but isn't there going to be a new version of the mac messenger that can send recieve files and display pictures soon?

RE: RE: plus for mac os X by Supersonicdarky on 05-30-2005 at 11:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
can send recieve files

Already possible

quote:
and display pictures soon?

yea, i want that to because i have 3 mac contacts and i always feel something is missing in the chat window :)
RE: plus for mac os X by ~INVASION~ on 05-30-2005 at 12:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lp15

The mac msn versions are seriously horrible. I pesonally hate macs, but I think Microsoft should update their messenger clients to at least window's 6.2. I feel pain for my friends chatting on a mac

well msn messenger is from microsoft, you know the company against apple, hell mac users are lucky they even get msn messenger, if they want a good IM they should be getting on apples ass not microsofts, its not microsofts fault apple hasnt made a decent IM client.

i think mac users should stop complaining and live with it, their choice for purchasing what they purchased :undecided:
RE: plus for mac os X by CookieRevised on 05-30-2005 at 09:43 PM

[OFFTOPIC]

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
well msn messenger is from microsoft, you know the company against apple
Actually, MS is not against the Mac. MS also has created lots more then Messenger for the Mac (eg: almost all the Office applications like Word, Excel, etc have a Mac version) It is only that MS doesn't have the same amount of programmers for the Mac as for the PC, and also their interest isn't so much in the Mac. But that doesn't mean they hate it or boycot it or whatever... It is simply not interesting for them as their userbase are PC users... ;)
[/OFFTOPIC]
RE: plus for mac os X by abraham_aiza on 08-06-2007 at 10:41 PM

ok...lets see....i am not a mac zealot, i am a ms windows disliker, let me see what i think:

OK PEOPLE WITH MAC....DOWNLOAD ADIUM...it has all the pretty plus of windows live messenger, except the IM logo, and webcam support...it skins, has transparencies...well u know...anything is possible in this app...oh and yes...it is SLICKER that plus! made by patchou...its not just an add on...its a whole new program (hey..u can get almost 100% of msn messenger without the million virus of windows....amazing huh?)

and yes, windows live messenger has a lot of tecnology, even so that i see it run on brand new computers and freezes a couple of minutes before u can actually use it! :banana:

so windows can :pound: to see if vista is capable of pairing to osx...anyway, they tried to copy it a bit...just a bit...

so patchou...i dont really care if you don't want to make a mac version of plus...i have linux AND vista in my macbook pro...and i dont even bother to use msn on windows, because a i have REAL software (no add ons) like ADIUM that look even better!!

see ya guys!!

RE: plus for mac os X by Dane on 08-06-2007 at 10:54 PM

Interesting point of view...but wrong.  ADIUM is more compareably a "Trillian" to Mac OS X...and I personally believe that "Trillian" is a horrible product, but I guess thats just my opinion.

Anyway, you can hardly compare ADIUM to Windows Live Messenger as ADIUM is a Multi-Network Client and Windows Live Messenger is a Single-Network Client with Cross-Network Support (Yahoo).  As for the design of Plus! versus ADIUM, Microsoft Windows XP and Below, as a majority, are graphically slimmer than Mac OS X therefore dont require as much GUI to replace the lack of features that Mac OS X has.

As for the Sign on time inconsistancy with Windows Live Messenger, on the first sign in it typically takes a few minutes longer due to the fact it has to download your display picture from the network as well as your contact list.  Microsoft Windows Vista has some great potential and once Microsoft has worked out the initial flaws, it will be a great comparison to OS X.  Mac OS X has been on the market for some time and is therefore going to be a little bit more stabler than any product released just 8 months ago.

So, enjoy your ADIUM and just know that you're missing out on the goodness of a real OS and a real chat client.

RE: plus for mac os X by Voldemort on 08-06-2007 at 11:22 PM

You can't compare a client to an add-onn :p

RE: plus for mac os X by Ezra on 08-07-2007 at 12:05 AM

Talk about reviving an old thread :o

Anyway, i'd say try out Pidgin

RE: plus for mac os X by aNILEator on 08-07-2007 at 12:22 AM

blast from the extreme past :O

and this isn't a place for praising (or insulting) one Operating System over another.

In my opinion Apple are idiots to delay Leopard past September potentially losing millions of student customers going off to school, college or uni. I know I may have considered buying a macbook or something had it not been for the massive delay. As for Vista copying OS X Leopard has now got a translucent toolbar that looks sapped straight out of vista.

Apple fan's get way over themselves and insult Windows far too much. 8-)

Volde is right, you can't compare a client to an add-on.
ADIUM is ok, but no one liked Orville the duck

RE: plus for mac os X by ShawnZ on 08-07-2007 at 12:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Zephyr

yes it does.

quote:
Originally posted by Dane
it will be a great comparison to OS X

it already has been since windows 2000 8-)
RE: plus for mac os X by aNILEator on 08-07-2007 at 12:11 PM

shawnz you quoted someone from 2 years ago, information changes a lot in 2 years :P

RE: plus for mac os X by ShawnZ on 08-07-2007 at 12:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
shawnz you quoted someone from 2 years ago, information changes a lot in 2 years :P

yeah, but not that information.