Shoutbox

How can you find out if someone blocked you? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: How can you find out if someone blocked you? (/showthread.php?tid=45572)

How can you find out if someone blocked you? by Seifer_FF8 on 05-31-2005 at 02:43 PM

Hello, I was just wondering if there's a plugin or something that I can d/l that'll allow me to see whether or not someone has blocked me.  I know that there are sites for that but I don't find them very dependable.  I entered a name of a person who was ONLINE just to test it and it displayed the person as being OFFLINE... So is there a better way I can find out?

Thanks.

RE: How can you find out if someone blocked you? by Zephyr on 05-31-2005 at 02:46 PM

This is not possible at all. See Block Checkers DO NOT work

RE: How can you find out if someone blocked you? by user27089 on 05-31-2005 at 02:47 PM

Although, if you are sure that somebody is still online, and you can see them as offline, aka blocked, then you can see if they're still online, using the feature on the frontpage of Messenger Mad.

RE: How can you find out if someone blocked you? by Anubis on 05-31-2005 at 02:47 PM

No, there is no way that block checkers can work, plugin or otherwise; There was once an exploit to find out, but that no longer works. Please see the thread Block checkers DO NOT work.

To check, you could always ask someone else if they appear online on their contact list when you think they have blocked you.

Remember online status checkers will only ever work if the contact your checking has allowed "All Others" in his allow list settings.

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Although, if you are sure that somebody is still online, and you can see them as offline, aka blocked, then you can see if they're still online, using the feature on the frontpage of Messenger Mad.

Again, this will only work if the contact has allowed "All Others" on his allow list settings.
RE: How can you find out if someone blocked you? by Zephyr on 05-31-2005 at 02:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor

But this still won't work if if they have the 'only allow people on your allow list to see your status' option checked.

They might be online, but the status checker on messenger mad might say they are offline as they are not allowed to see the status.
RE: How can you find out if someone blocked you? by Seifer_FF8 on 05-31-2005 at 02:53 PM

Wow, after 2 minutes i get my question answered right away.  Alright thanks for the help everyone :)

RE: How can you find out if someone blocked you? by Nathan on 05-31-2005 at 04:25 PM

Actually there is a simple way...
Make a new account then add them and then you can see if they've blocked you. :)
Simple But Effective :P

RE: How can you find out if someone blocked you? by Anubis on 05-31-2005 at 05:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by msg_plus_freak
Make a new account then add them and then you can see if they've blocked you.
This may work, but it's a hassle, and doesn't prove anything, they may just not accept the request.
RE: How can you find out if someone blocked you? by Becki_Boo on 06-01-2005 at 03:37 PM

however surely if someone has blocked u the simplist way to let them and yourselves cool of would be to leave them alone and wait ?!?!

RE: How can you find out if someone blocked you? by Anubis on 06-01-2005 at 03:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Becki_Boo
however surely if someone has blocked u the simplist way to let them and yourselves cool of would be to leave them alone and wait ?!?!
Usually I don't care when someone blocks me, unless I have something I want to say :p.
But sometimes it does help to know if they have blocked you or not, but there's no real point.
Also didn't you once post this? http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=42...d=431477#pid431477
RE: How can you find out if someone blocked you? by Nitemistress on 06-02-2005 at 02:52 AM

Provided your contact doesn't have his/hers set to only allow those on his/her list to see his/her status, then BLOCKSTATUS.COM is a very good site for checking to see who has blocked or deleted you. It has a few other things as well and also will show you the current nick minus personal message.

RE: How can you find out if someone blocked you? by ahmed_mido on 08-21-2005 at 10:37 AM

well can anyone make a block checker plz guyz cuz i really need it and by the way to see the conact list of the one iam chatting wiz i think tht it's k and it's cool and new and it has nothing about privacy i would really like to have something which shows me the contact list of the chatter 

RE: How can you find out if someone blocked you? by lordy on 08-21-2005 at 10:39 AM

that IS an invasion of privacy, big time, it will nvr happen