Shoutbox

Making your name coloured - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Making your name coloured (/showthread.php?tid=45733)

Making your name coloured by CharlotteGuest on 06-03-2005 at 12:26 PM

I wasnt sure if this was a msnplus plugin but a few people on my list have their name in pink for example and I was wondering how you do it?
Cheers in advance...

RE: Making your name coloured by Shezi on 06-03-2005 at 12:32 PM

use colour nick plugin or u can also use the /nick <ur nick> in the chat window then press ctrl + k then choos the colour for ur nick and type ur nick.....

RE: Making your name coloured by absorbation on 06-03-2005 at 12:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CharlotteGuest
msnplus

For legal resons it's msgplus or messenger plus! and you need clour nick there are many help threads with this if you search the plugins section :P
RE: Making your name coloured by Tochjo on 06-03-2005 at 12:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
you need clour nick
No, this plugin is not required to put colour your nick. Some people say it makes this process easier, but it can be done without just as properly.

To use colour in your name, just open a conversation window, type /nick and a space and press ctrl-k. Then click the colour you want, type your name and press enter. If you want to use multiple colours, just use ctrl-k in your name multiple times, right before where you want the colour to show up. Take a look at the following example:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=280893]
RE: Making your name coloured by absorbation on 06-03-2005 at 01:14 PM

wow i never knew that :$ Thanks Tochjo, glad to see your back here :P

RE: Making your name coloured by JTAN on 06-04-2005 at 12:24 AM

As I understand it, there are a few of these CTRL+? codes, but I can;t seem to find a list of the code and function anywhere.  You've just posted that CTRL+K opens the colour panel, and I've worked out that CTRL+R opens the bold/italics/underline/strikeout panel, but do you know what the others do, or if theres a list of what they do?

RE: Making your name coloured by Zephyr on 06-04-2005 at 12:33 AM

The commands for text in the conversation are:

Ctrl+R: Panel Shortcut

Ctrl+K: Opens Colour panel
Ctrl+B: Bold text
Ctrl+U: Underline text
Ctrl+T: Italic text
Ctrl+O: Ends all formats that have been applied in the line

A full list of commands for plus can be found here http://www.msgplus.net/help_cmdtag.php