Shoutbox

how to export sounds to formats? if you cannot then a suggestion :) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: how to export sounds to formats? if you cannot then a suggestion :) (/showthread.php?tid=45900)

how to export sounds to formats? if you cannot then a suggestion :) by mystical_aeon on 06-06-2005 at 10:03 PM

i was wondering if its possible to export sounds you make into say a .wav or .mp3 or whatever really.

i got some cool sounds id like to put on my phone to play at college lol :P

i seen that you can export em to a sound pack file thingybob, but is there a way to get the sound frmo there maybe? i dunno whatever lol

RE: how to export sounds to formats? if you cannot then a suggestion :) by Sunshine on 06-06-2005 at 10:06 PM

You can extract Plus! soundpacks to .mp3 files with Segosa's soundpack extractor1.0.2.

NCH Switch can convert .dat to .mp3 and other formats (.wav, .au, .ogg etc. - one file at a time or several at once), or just copy em elsewhere and rename em to .mp3 as Cookie suggested ;)

RE: how to export sounds to formats? if you cannot then a suggestion :) by CookieRevised on 06-06-2005 at 10:13 PM

And before anyone suggests it (without the proper warnings), let me say it right away:

The Messenger Plus! custom sounds, which are stored on your hard disk as .DAT files[*], are in a sense normal MP3 files already.

Just copy the .DAT file to another location and rename it to .MP3 and you can play it in all media players.

But beware: do NOT put them back in the Messenger Plus! Custom Sound directory by renaming them back to .DAT. The chance is very high that your media player will mess the file up (even just by playing it) and it will be rejected by the Messenger Plus! sound server!!! For this reason you also shouldn't open/play .DAT files directly in your media player either, copy them first to another location!

Also, you can't simply rename a MP3 file to .DAT and use it as a Custom Sound. The proper way and only way of turning a MP3 file to a .DAT file is by importing the MP3 by using the import function in Messenger Plus!'s Sound Library (even if it was a .DAT file before).

[*] In these directories (under normal non-restricted circumstances):

Windows XP/2000:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Messenger Plus!\Custom Sounds\

Windows 98/ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Messenger Plus!\Custom Sounds\

The directory is most likely hidden, so make the proper adjustments in your Windows Explorer to view hidden files and maps.

The filename of the .DAT files are actually the sound ID's used in Messenger Plus! itself (see your Messenger Plus! Sound Library > Select a sound > Edit Sound > Internal Sound Identifier)

;)

RE: how to export sounds to formats? if you cannot then a suggestion :) by mystical_aeon on 06-06-2005 at 10:22 PM

i posted a reply asking where they were, then i realised you already said in fine print :D thanks anyways for your help :)

RE: how to export sounds to formats? if you cannot then a suggestion :) by Tartooob on 02-16-2006 at 07:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Messenger Plus!\Custom Sounds\
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
You can extract Plus! soundpacks to .mp3 files with Segosa's soundpack extractor1.0.2.

NCH Switch can convert .dat to .mp3 and other formats (.wav, .au, .ogg etc. - one file at a time or several at once), or just copy em elsewhere and rename em to .mp3 as Cookie suggested ;)

Amazing ,, Thanks for both |^_^