Shoutbox

cant sign in to msn - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: cant sign in to msn (/showthread.php?tid=45977)

cant sign in to msn by bonbonizer on 06-08-2005 at 02:51 PM

i have the latest version of Messenger Plus and for some reason when Messenger Plus is runing it stop msn messenger signing in and gives this error message

"Signing in to MSn Messenger failed because the service is too busy.
please try again later

8100030e"

im runing windows xp professional, msn 7 and Messenger Plus the latest release i have that problem both on my laptop and my desktop pc as well. when i used ctrl - alt - delete and terminate MsgPlus.exe msn signs in fine .

could anyone help out if they have faced the same problem.

thanks

RE: cant sign in to msn by absorbation on 06-08-2005 at 02:59 PM

The server is too busy it will be back up soon ;) http://xeomax.net/scripts/download.php?a=msnserversx is a beta lugin to sign in using a different server :P

RE: cant sign in to msn by luislobo on 06-14-2005 at 02:52 PM

I have the same problem, did you find a solution to it?!

Thank you!

Luis

RE: cant sign in to msn by jeson-mendez on 06-20-2005 at 06:17 AM

Different accounts are stored on different Messenger servers, as such, you might see this
message from time to time -- just try again.

Sign In
The .NET Messenger Service is temporarily experiencing difficulty. You may be unable to sign in. If you are signed in, some features may be unavailable. Please try again later. Last Update: 10/11/2004 8:07:00 AM Pacific Time (GMT -8:00)

Actually, Passport and Messenger are two complete different animals. Messenger uses the Passport authentication system, and uses the Passport e-mail addresses as the account names, but the similarities end there. After authentication is complete, the server redirects you to connect to a specific Messenger server (which is obviously the "busy" one). So, just because you are able to sign into Passport sites doesn't mean that the Messenger server where your .NET Messenger account is located isn't busy.

RE: cant sign in to msn by stealth_pirate on 06-20-2005 at 08:25 AM

Im getting the same error message....but my account works when i sign in to windows messenger....im really confused by it :S. any suggestions?

RE: cant sign in to msn by mwe99 on 06-20-2005 at 08:40 AM

yep same problem i cant get it either, there is about 3 threads similar to this

RE: cant sign in to msn by luislobo on 06-20-2005 at 01:54 PM

I updated with the latest fixes (have all installed right now) from Windows Update, and now it works! :S Strange.

RE: cant sign in to msn by mwe99 on 06-20-2005 at 01:59 PM

Mine works again now, but its a bit tempremental and still sometimes doesnt work. Seems okay at the moment though

RE: cant sign in to msn by Eljay on 06-20-2005 at 02:18 PM

mine just took about 10 minutes to sign in, stupid thing

RE: cant sign in to msn by RaceProUK on 06-20-2005 at 02:20 PM

Let's see now...
Windows Messenger - fine
MSNM6.2 - fine
WebMsg - probably fine
MSNM7 - problematic

Bug with MSNM7 maybe?

Edit: That wasn't fixed it seems.

RE: cant sign in to msn by mwe99 on 06-20-2005 at 02:29 PM

Yeh i got signed out again :( i dunno what the problem is - stupid thing

RE: cant sign in to msn by sn1p3r on 06-20-2005 at 02:44 PM

I've had no problems recently. :S Probably just server maintenance or something.

RE: cant sign in to msn by mwe99 on 06-20-2005 at 03:16 PM

Well im still having problems and i still can't sign back into MSN so it might  be improving but not for me

RE: cant sign in to msn by NoFear on 06-20-2005 at 04:59 PM

Yeah sounds like the problems I've had for ages....

If you're using any firewall (Such as Zone Alarm Security Suite) then you have to allow it and everything that runs together with MSN to have it work. In the end i couln't fix it so i just uninstalled ZASS....

Hope this helps dude....

RE: cant sign in to msn by Spudsta on 06-30-2005 at 01:13 PM

Well, strangely enough, after living with this problem for over 4-5 weeks now, I've decided to play around with a few of the settings. I've managed to solve this one quite easily, it has fixed it and I haven't had any problems to date. Go into Tools -> Options. Click the Connection tab, and click Advanced Settings. Now I noticed that the TCP & Socks Version 4 were BOTH ticked. I thought that was kinda odd, as they shouldn't BOTH be ticked. I removed the tick from the Socks Version 4, ensured that the TCP was ticked, and clicked the Test TCP Connection button. It said it worked successfully & could sign in without any trouble. I applied these new settings, tried signing in, and haven't had any trouble since! Hope this actually helps some of you out there, as I remember how irritable & annoying this really gets!

RE: cant sign in to msn by DaPakiGuy on 07-26-2007 at 06:44 AM

Greetings,

Click the Tools menu, then

Options, then Connection category, click the Advanced Settings button, uncheck all the

options, click OK twice and then try again.