Shoutbox

Chat With Offline Status - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Chat With Offline Status (/showthread.php?tid=46454)

Chat With Offline Status by zaher1988 on 06-17-2005 at 12:52 PM

Hi , I heard from a friend, that some people chat with him while they are apearing offline, he is sure that they are in his list, and that they are just with the Offline Status.
Any Idea :)
See ya Thanks In Advance

RE: Chat With Offline Status by FrozernFire on 06-17-2005 at 12:55 PM

if i remember correctly, stuffplug ng does allow that, as long as the contact with spng does not close the current chat window

RE: Chat With Offline Status by zaher1988 on 06-17-2005 at 01:03 PM

but i have stuffplug, but i also can't talk when i'm offline, it's not possible to type in the message box:)

RE: Chat With Offline Status by J.J on 06-17-2005 at 01:04 PM

This occurs when people enable the Invisible Talking option when using Messenger Discovery X - A msn Messenger Addon.

This allows them to talk to their contacts while appearing offline

Heres a screenshot: Invisible Talking

I think Stuffplug NG also used to have this feature, not sure what happened to it though

RE: Chat With Offline Status by FrozernFire on 06-17-2005 at 01:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension

I think Stuffplug NG also used to have this feature, not sure what happened to it though
i seems to be talking to blocked contacts, as i tried blocking one contact and talking to him. can't confirm it though, since he was afk
RE: Chat With Offline Status by linx05 on 06-17-2005 at 01:20 PM

In SPNG, it allows you to talk to a blocked contact. Provided that you keep the window open with him/her.

RE: Chat With Offline Status by J.J on 06-17-2005 at 01:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FrozernFire
i seems to be talking to blocked contacts, as i tried blocking one contact and talking to him. can't confirm it though, since he was afk

Thats right :grin:

* TD's brain is given a jump start

quote:
Originally posted by zaher1988
but i have stuffplug, but i also can't talk when i'm offline

No, you can't enable the appear offline option in Msn messenger and talk to people, but you can be offline to your contacts while your current status is online

If you go to you Plus! preferences, then go to plugins and configure Stuffplug NG, in the conversations section you will see an option that says

Allow talking to offline contacts

Enable that, and you'll be able to talk to your contacts while you appear on their list as offline