Shoutbox

[split] Problems installing Wave 11 skin - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: [split] Problems installing Wave 11 skin (/showthread.php?tid=46559)

RE: Want Skins? MSN Messenger Build 7.0.0813 Skins by ilkerka on 06-19-2005 at 01:30 PM

i have problems with installing wave 11

first pop up says "File could not be opened"
2nd one sayS "Patching error"

can anyone tell me why
thnx

RE: Want Skins? MSN Messenger Build 7.0.0813 Skins by Zephyr on 06-19-2005 at 01:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ilkerka
i have problems with installing wave 11

first pop up says "File could not be opened"
2nd one sayS "Patching error"

can anyone tell me why
thnx

Are you downloading it from http://www.afizicalpresence.com/

Also make sure you reinstall MSN Messenger before patching.

Go to control panel, add/remove programs, MSN Messenger, Change.

EDIT: It would be safer to download from messenger.msn.com and install, just to make sure you have the latest version of MSN 7.
RE: Want Skins? MSN Messenger Build 7.0.0813 Skins by ilkerka on 06-19-2005 at 01:56 PM

yep i downloaded the skins from that site.  and repair ed msn messenger from add/remove programs also i have the latest one. strange doesnt work. by the way thnx for the quick reply :)

RE: Want Skins? MSN Messenger Build 7.0.0813 Skins by Zephyr on 06-19-2005 at 01:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ilkerka
yep i downloaded the skins from that site.  and repair ed msn messenger from add/remove programs also i have the latest one. strange doesnt work. by the way thnx for the quick reply :)

When it says 'File could not be opened', what file is it referring to? The wave 11 installer?
RE: Want Skins? MSN Messenger Build 7.0.0813 Skins by ilkerka on 06-19-2005 at 01:58 PM

its empty jst has the "file could not be opened" warning

RE: Want Skins? MSN Messenger Build 7.0.0813 Skins by Zephyr on 06-19-2005 at 02:01 PM

Are you using a windows account with adminastrative priviledges?

Have you tried using different skins, and have any others caused the same problem?

RE: Want Skins? MSN Messenger Build 7.0.0813 Skins by ilkerka on 06-19-2005 at 02:02 PM

yes i am. i also tried the apple mac osx skin that gave the same error

RE: Want Skins? MSN Messenger Build 7.0.0813 Skins by Zephyr on 06-19-2005 at 02:10 PM

Thats quite wierd.

Try doing a complete uninstall then a clean install.

- Uninstall MSN Messenger
- Reboot computer
- Remove the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger
- Reinstall MSN Messenger from messenger.msn.com

Note: When deleting the folder in Application Data, you sill lose everything in MSN Messenger uncluding. Custom Emoticon, Backgrounds etc.

You can use CE/DP Backup Wizard to back them up.

Then redownload the skin and install. Make sure MSN Messenger is not running when you run the skin installer.

RE: Want Skins? MSN Messenger Build 7.0.0813 Skins by ilkerka on 06-20-2005 at 01:07 AM

thnx alot monster.rat after i uninstalled and deleted the folder in programfiles and re installed it worked..