Shoutbox

Counter Strike and my mic - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Counter Strike and my mic (/showthread.php?tid=47268)

Counter Strike and my mic by Reaper on 07-06-2005 at 08:10 PM

I posted a while back about my mic bein fuzzy n the like.
that "fuzzyness" is static.
i only get the problem when playing counter strike. ive looked everywhere on google but no other forums have a proper answer.

i no my mic works becuase i can use it thru msn and i used it on counter strike before without any problems. any suggestions?

RE: Counter Strike and my mic by qune on 07-08-2005 at 07:27 AM

yea... discovered this thing a while ago... it's probably because your mic is close enough to the speakers (or the speakers are that loud) that it receives the soundwaves from speakers and outputs it againg... basically simple feedback... if turning down the sound doesn't help then switch your mic off/unplug during gameplay...

RE: Counter Strike and my mic by Reaper on 07-08-2005 at 11:12 AM

i dont wanna turn it off during the game, i want to use it while im playing . If i move the mic away from the speakers, then it should be ok?

RE: Counter Strike and my mic by qune on 07-08-2005 at 11:59 AM

definitely...:)

RE: Counter Strike and my mic by Rubber Stamp on 07-08-2005 at 12:32 PM

yea....or use a headphone along wid the mic instead of speakers!

RE: Counter Strike and my mic by Reaper on 07-08-2005 at 10:29 PM

hmmm. i tired movin it away from my speakers buty still no luck *-). mayb i shud move it even furhter back

RE: Counter Strike and my mic by robochief on 07-08-2005 at 10:36 PM

Or use a script (in the configuration file) so when you speak through the microphone, the game's volume mutes, and when you stop speaking, it returns. That's what I do.

RE: Counter Strike and my mic by Reaper on 07-08-2005 at 11:27 PM

well, i used a headset instead of my mic and spekaers but theres still some static noise there. not as much but my voice is still unclear.
it worked before when using my mic and speakers why would all of a sudden go all crappy?!