Shoutbox

Wireless Network Shared Access Problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Wireless Network Shared Access Problem (/showthread.php?tid=47844)

Wireless Network Shared Access Problem by kierant on 07-20-2005 at 06:09 PM

I have not had any problems with my wireless network for ages, but the last couple of days I have noticed that I cannot access the shared documents of my main PC from my laptop. I can access the shared documents of the laptop from the PC however, so I don't really know the problem.

When I try and gain access I get this error:

[Image: dfvda7vi.jpg]

I can't think of any settings that I may have changed and I have tried disabling firewalls etc.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

RE: Wireless Network Shared Access Problem by [MR] on 07-20-2005 at 06:12 PM

the image link didnt work

wait nvm now it is

RE: Wireless Network Shared Access Problem by M73A on 07-20-2005 at 06:12 PM

you need to close the image tags and the link just takes u to imageshack... if it says soemthign about rights and not being the administrator i had that... had to change something in the registery from 1 to 0 or 0 to 1... i think it was soemthing like LSA i'll try and find out

EDIT: hmm its not the message i remember but its sort of the same thing.. ill chekc anyway...

FOUND IT:P... was in an old post... good ol' old forum threads lol

on both:

quote:
Originally posted by old thread of mine:P

i thought it would be useful incase someone had this problem and searched the forums....what solved it for me was following these instructions:

Start>Run>Regedit>Hkey_Local_Machine>System>Current Control set>Control>Lsa. Now open the lsa folder... check the"restrict anonymous" file, NOT NOT NOT the "restrict anonymoussam" file. Make sure the Restrict Anonymous file value is set to zero and not one(1). If the value is set to one(1) change it to zero by double clickin

RE: Wireless Network Shared Access Problem by kierant on 07-20-2005 at 06:25 PM

Thanks but unfortunately the setting was already on (0) so I couldn't make the change.

Any other ideas?

RE: Wireless Network Shared Access Problem by matty on 07-20-2005 at 06:30 PM

You cannot open file shares or Group Policy snap-ins when you disable SMB signing for the Workstation or Server service on a domain controller

RE: Wireless Network Shared Access Problem by YottabyteWizard on 07-20-2005 at 09:26 PM

Run again Network conection wizard, check that all computers are using Static IP or Dynamic IP. Also check that there are already shared folders. I was having taht problem and i fixed doing the things I mencioed before, and also using the same username and password for loging in windows on all computers.

RE: Wireless Network Shared Access Problem by M73A on 07-20-2005 at 09:41 PM

apparently having a guest account enabled on both computers somewtimes works *-)... firewalls aswell maybe?