Shoutbox

Windows Messenger 5.1 border is too thick - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Windows Messenger 5.1 border is too thick (/showthread.php?tid=48024)

Windows Messenger 5.1 border is too thick by Donut on 07-24-2005 at 02:02 PM

Hi,

As I'm completely opposed too all those idiotic gimmicks in new MSN Messenger clients, I'm using Windows Messenger. Until a while ago, I was able to use Windows Messenger 4.7: delicious. Now, I'm forced to upgrade to a newer version, 5.1.

I noticed the type-your-message-here-border is out of shape, it's way too thick. See what I mean (click to enlarge):
[Image: toothick9ms.th.gif]

Now, this really irritates me, and I'm wondering how I can solve this matter.

RE: Windows Messenger 5.1 border is too thick by mwe99 on 07-24-2005 at 02:22 PM

I dont think you can do anything about it, unless you change some registry settings

RE: Windows Messenger 5.1 border is too thick by Donut on 07-24-2005 at 02:36 PM

Assume I'm quite 'in to' these matters (otherwiste I wouldn't have noticed a difference), all replies are welcome. What key do you think I ought to change?

(By the way, I'm now using Resource Tuner to define a problem, but I can't really find something. Will keep looking.)

RE: Windows Messenger 5.1 border is too thick by qune on 07-25-2005 at 08:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
I dont think you can do anything about it, unless you change some registry settings
AFAIK there's no chance to change this from the registry... it's not something like "per-user-setting" to store the values in registry... I figure this border thickness is set before compiling the whole program... therefor you must make your peace with it...
RE: Windows Messenger 5.1 border is too thick by Donut on 07-25-2005 at 12:01 PM

Perhaps I should attach the files I'm dealing with?
Maybe one of you could take a peek at it.

Here are the files.