Shoutbox

Slight error! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Slight error! (/showthread.php?tid=48573)

Slight error! by Nathan on 08-06-2005 at 02:17 PM

Hiya all,
When you edit a name of a thread it changes the first post and the title on the list of threads. BUT it dosnt change it after the first post. So say i have a thread its called boo i edit it to boo-boo but the other posts (were it says the name in bold) dont change why!?

Sorry if there has already been a thread about this.

sdklfajslghsdiofjasodifnsdlgnhbasonos;f by saralk on 08-06-2005 at 03:16 PM

because if you click post reply, you will notice that there is a box called "Post Subject" and you can put your own subject in it like I have done. So when you click Post Reply, the post subject is automatically filled in for you with the current name of the topic.

absorbation rocks by absorbation on 08-06-2005 at 04:50 PM

as you can see sarlak has given his own :)

sdklfajslghsdiofjasodifnsdlgnhbasonos;f

:lol:

i hope this helps :)

RE: Curtis owns joo! by Curtis on 08-06-2005 at 05:50 PM

I like doing that, but yah you would have to get a mod or admin to change all the post titles.  But I don't really think a modmin would waste their time just to do that.

RE: Slight error! by Lou on 08-06-2005 at 06:50 PM

unless they are really....really bored

Stop messing around fools! by ShawnZ on 08-06-2005 at 06:56 PM

You are all n00bs! by RaceProUK on 08-06-2005 at 07:25 PM

You can change the icon too :P

Can I ask why we're all bothering with this?

RE: Slight error! by WDZ on 08-08-2005 at 04:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by msg_plus_freak
BUT it dosnt change it after the first post. So say i have a thread its called boo i edit it to boo-boo but the other posts (were it says the name in bold) dont change why!?
As others have demonstrated above, every post has its own individual subject field. Those are simply not updated when you edit the first post.
quote:
Originally posted by Curtis
I like doing that, but yah you would have to get a mod or admin to change all the post titles.  But I don't really think a modmin would waste their time just to do that.
I think someday I'll make a mod tool that can edit all the reply subjects at once, for times when someone puts private information (like an e-mail address) in a thread subject...
RE: Slight error! by L. Coyote on 08-08-2005 at 04:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
I think someday I'll make a mod tool that can edit all the reply subjects at once, for times when someone puts private information (like an e-mail address) in a thread subject...
I feel sorry for the mods when they had to delete a couple of things (on post subjects) a while ago (I think it was at the last contest). :tongue: