Shoutbox

Modding - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Modding (/showthread.php?tid=48620)

Modding by philipe on 08-07-2005 at 08:43 PM

Hello everyone,

About 2 weeks ago I finished modding my pc (optically) and would like to hear what you guys think of it (any type of criticism accepted).  If you have any ideas about what I should add, please post them.  Btw the side pannel of the case is still original.  It just got cut open, and plexiglass was glued behind, and the rest I installed by myself.

[Image: 10rj1.th.jpg]

[Image: 21jj.th.jpg]

[Image: 32wc.th.jpg]

RE: Modding by philipe on 08-07-2005 at 08:52 PM

quote:
I like it, i think the front of it looks a bit too stock for me, but the side looks awsome. Love the lighting

The front is still original too and I also think that the original looks crap :p  Concerning the panel that displays the info about the temperature of various components, there were way worse ones that looked like car radios :p
RE: Modding by M73A on 08-07-2005 at 08:52 PM

hey! my pc's like that ;)....

only difference is mines one colour.. green..

i personally think it would look better all blue without the others but hey, still looks great:)

RE: Modding by philipe on 08-07-2005 at 08:55 PM

The fan with different colors was meant to replace the cpu fan, but it would not fit :( I did not want to throw it away, so I patched it to the air grill.  At least it has a purpose though :p Thanks for the nice comments guys!

RE: Modding by albert on 08-07-2005 at 10:09 PM

looks hot man, nice job 9(Y)

RE: Modding by MC Inferno on 08-08-2005 at 01:09 AM

beast lad (Y)

RE: Modding by ShawnZ on 08-08-2005 at 01:14 AM

how much? :P

* ShawnZ pulls out wallet

RE: Modding by TylerG on 08-08-2005 at 01:51 AM

That is so awesome.  I am probably going to try doing that to my computer one day.  Try being the key word there:P

RE: Modding by [MR] on 08-08-2005 at 01:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TylerG
That is so awesome.  I am probably going to try doing that to my computer one day.  Try being the key word there:P
yes i will to prolly with my newly built computer
RE: Modding by rav0 on 08-08-2005 at 06:08 AM

Mmm ... modded case. Looks nice, and like care was taken, not just 'add every feature possible'.

I think that the front looks OK, but I'd take off the stickers and print.

RE: Modding by ~INVASION~ on 08-08-2005 at 06:25 AM

i like it, its very nice looking, the front panel display is kool, my friend has something like that also. i wanna get one :P

RE: Modding by -dt- on 08-08-2005 at 07:35 AM

remove the molex connectors and replace them with different color ones , Ive done that in mine and with my Uv light it looks really good.

RE: Modding by philipe on 08-08-2005 at 10:59 AM

how much? :P

Well when I first bought it, it cost 800 euros all in all, and I upgraded it to 950 euro.  And no, it's not for sale :p

quote:
remove the molex connectors and replace them with different color ones , Ive done that in mine and with my Uv light it looks really good.

What if you wear white clothing close to your computer? Doesn't it really stand out? :o
RE: RE: Modding by rav0 on 08-08-2005 at 11:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by philipe
quote:

What if you wear white clothing close to your computer? Doesn't it really stand out? :o

The UV lights will probably not reach you, but if they do, and the room is darkened, it looks amazing. Especially when you wear black with white shoelaces and undershirt.
RE: Modding by user27089 on 08-08-2005 at 11:07 AM

It's a really really nice computer, as I've told you before. Have you got your new graphics card for it yet?

RE: Modding by John Anderton on 08-08-2005 at 11:11 AM

Cool nice lighting .... i wish i had such lights ....
* John Anderton has a long "to buy" list :P

* John Anderton puts this after the domain name and the pc upgrade

* John Anderton sees the list has 5 - 6 items

* John Anderton checks his wallet

* John Anderton cancels the lighting off the list :sad:

:cry:

... btw total cost ??
yea yea i read it :P

RE: Modding by philipe on 08-08-2005 at 11:17 AM

quote:
The UV lights will probably not reach you, but if they do, and the room is darkened, it looks amazing. Especially when you wear black with white shoelaces and undershirt.

Wow it must be really cool and especially if you smile :p

quote:
It's a really really nice computer, as I've told you before. Have you got your new graphics card for it yet?

Ye just four days ago I recieved it and it rocks!

quote:
... btw total cost ??

As I posted above, when I first bought it, it cost like 850 euros, but now it's worth 950 with all the accessories.  I tried to keep it as low budget as possibe.   
RE: RE: Modding by rav0 on 08-08-2005 at 11:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
btw total cost ??
yea yea i read it :P

quote:
when I first bought it, it cost 800 euros all in all, and I upgraded it to 950 euro.
800.00 Euro = 43,070.47 India Rupees and 950.00 Euro = 51,173.83 India Rupees saysThe Universal Currency Converter ®.

Edit: I'm a slow typer :(, you beat me.
RE: Modding by John Anderton on 08-08-2005 at 11:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
800.00 Euro = 43,070.47 India Rupees and 950.00 Euro = 51,173.83 India Rupees saysThe Universal Currency Converter ®.
OMG you actually converted it for me :lol:
thanks .... dont tell me you went to my profile, saw my country and then converted it for me :O

* John Anderton claps for rav0

The lights are costlier than a new high tech pc :dodgy:
I can get a new tower (mobo + graphics card + cd rom + cabinet + other stuff in tower) for 16k INR :dodgy:
RE: Modding by -dt- on 08-08-2005 at 11:35 AM

quote:
    quote:remove the molex connectors and replace them with different color ones , Ive done that in mine and with my Uv light it looks really good.

What if you wear white clothing close to your computer? Doesn't it really stand out?

yes it does , if its dark , also i have a blue sound activated light which pwns during the night
RE: Modding by philipe on 08-08-2005 at 11:46 AM

quote:
The lights are costlier than a new high tech pc

That's really wierd because here 2 blue neon lights cost 12 euros which is equal to 647.003 INR and you can even make the lights react on sound, so that if there is a clear sound (ex. bass), they will flicre accoridingly to it.

quote:
yes it does , if its dark , also i have a blue sound activated light which pwns during the night

Is the blue one from Cooler Master?  Mine are from that brand and they also react to sound (optionally).
RE: RE: Modding by rav0 on 08-09-2005 at 05:38 AM

quote:
quote:

Wow it must be really cool and especially if you smile :p

It is actuallu, it doesnt need a :p, so :p.

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
quote:
Originally posted by rav0
OMG you actually converted it for me :lol:
thanks .... dont tell me you went to my profile, saw my country and then converted it for me :O

* John Anderton claps for rav0

I didn't check your profile, I think that you posted it once, and I needed to convert into AU $ anyway.

* rav0 bows anyway :p
RE: Modding by Pyroteq on 08-09-2005 at 07:14 AM

Bit messy for my likeing.
I have the same areogate model.. Sorta got a flimsy feel to it but its okay

RE: Modding by kipper2258 on 08-09-2005 at 09:53 AM

I like it, but I personally prefer something small and sleak - but thats me - otherwise it loks great.

RE: Modding by -dt- on 08-09-2005 at 10:24 AM

quote:
    quote:yes it does , if its dark , also i have a blue sound activated light which pwns during the night

Is the blue one from Cooler Master?  Mine are from that brand and they also react to sound (optionally).

I'm pretty sure its a thermaltake one , but dont quote me on that it dosnt have any labels on it and i bought it a while ago....
RE: RE: Modding by rav0 on 08-09-2005 at 10:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kipper2258
I personally prefer something small and sleak
Is this to your liking?

[Image: pic5dm.jpg][Image: pic4bj.jpg]
It's not mine.
RE: Modding by kipper2258 on 08-09-2005 at 11:45 AM

That is sweet! I want one!!!

RE: Modding by philipe on 08-09-2005 at 04:48 PM

:o I've seen one of those on ratemypc.com just that it wasn't a Mitsubishi Subaru, but a VW new Beetle.  I wonder how they can store all the components in so little space.

RE: Modding by guanako on 08-09-2005 at 05:43 PM

thats a Subaru but it sure looks like a Nissan Skyline :P

RE: Modding by kipper2258 on 08-09-2005 at 06:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
thats a Subaru but it sure looks like a Nissan Skyline :P
I know what you mean, its not very Subaru like, but still v. cool!