Shoutbox

Game problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Game problem (/showthread.php?tid=48746)

Game problem by Rubber Stamp on 08-10-2005 at 05:10 PM

i have a inno3d geforece fx 5200 tornado grahics card and 512 ram.win xp...but my games(all games) hang a lot for a few seconds every time i play...can anyone help me wid this?

RE: Game problem by [MR] on 08-10-2005 at 06:27 PM

whats your processor?

there also might be too manyprograms running in the sys tray or too many processes running

RE: Game problem by ShawnZ on 08-10-2005 at 06:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Freaky Guy
i have a inno3d geforece fx 5200 tornado grahics card and 512 ram.win xp...but my games(all games) hang a lot for a few seconds every time i play...can anyone help me wid this?

goto start, goto run, and type "NET STOP Themes" and see if that helps. Doing that turns off the windows themes service, which can hog quite a bit of memory.
RE: Game problem by Rubber Stamp on 08-11-2005 at 02:33 PM

i have a intel 915gav 2.66 GHz processor...and i treid turning off the programs and disabling themes and stuff...but the probs still there!

RE: Game problem by philipe on 08-11-2005 at 03:09 PM

Have you tried setting the quality of games to medium or low and turning off anti-alising? Maybe your settings are too high for your processor and gfx card. Question: Which games are you playing, and are you playing them online? If you are, which connection speed do you have?

RE: Game problem by Rubber Stamp on 08-11-2005 at 03:14 PM

games:
Prince of Persia:sands of time
nfsu2
hulk
i have tried lowering the settings(obviously)

RE: Game problem by philipe on 08-11-2005 at 03:17 PM

Have you tried re-starting your computer and loading nothing, but the game after the re-start?

RE: Game problem by Rubber Stamp on 08-11-2005 at 03:19 PM

yeah

RE: Game problem by Concord Dawn on 08-11-2005 at 03:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Freaky Guy
i have a intel 915gav 2.66 GHz processor...and i treid turning off the programs and disabling themes and stuff...but the probs still there!

Can you open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) and post a screenshot of the process list? It's just to double check that you don't have any background processes running.
RE: Game problem by Rubber Stamp on 08-12-2005 at 12:41 PM

:attachment:
thats how i run the game! and the probs wid just nfsu2...the other two seem fine now

RE: Game problem by philipe on 08-12-2005 at 01:51 PM

End the process "bargains.exe" (it's adaware btw) and see what happens.  Then download ms anti spyware and remove the adaware, or just follow the steps here: http://www.iamnotageek.com/a/431-p1.php. You can see what the .exe does and what it is here: http://www.iamnotageek.com/a/bargains.exe.php.

No wonder why your computer is slow, your sytem idle process is running at zero! :)

RE: Game problem by Rubber Stamp on 08-13-2005 at 02:43 AM

hmm...i got rid of all processes that were bad or not required...most of my games work fine now, accept nfsu2....i guess its a cd prob, ill get it changed..no probs!
but thanx a hell lot was all ur help guys,