Shoutbox

Messenger Meeting, London '05 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Messenger Meeting, London '05 (/showthread.php?tid=48827)

Messenger Meeting, London '05 by optimism_ on 08-11-2005 at 10:50 PM

So like, yeah, I'm back now from the Messenger Meet in London. I guess the others are still travelling; they had a lot farther to go than I did. Here’s my report on what we got up to in the last 2/3 days…

Messenger Meet, London ’05

What is a Messenger Meet?

Well some of you may remember that back at Christmas time last year, Patchou invited several of the prominent members of the Messenger Plus! Community to visit him out in Paris, for a general get together. We had dinner, walked around a bit, saw a movie; just had a good time.

The summer came around, and a couple of us (namely TheBlasphemer and Sunshine) decided that we should repeat the experience. This time we chose London as our venue. Luckily for MoRiA and I, it was a little closer to home.

So who went?

The people invited to go were again prominent members of the community, but this time not just Messenger Plus! but all things Messenger. By prominent members I mean people well known in the IRC channels, the msgplus forums, coders of famous plugins and the like.

Present were

• Optimism_ (myself) (plugin coder and #msgplus op) [UK] (arrived on the second day)
  • MoRiA (one of my friends, used to be a #msgplus op) [UK] (arrived on the second day)
  • TheBlasphemer (coder behind StuffPlug) [The Netherlands]
  • Sunshine (#msgplus helper) [The Netherlands]
  • Inky (coder behind Bot2k3) [The Netherlands]
  • CookieRevised (should be a msgplus forum moderator, *hint hint*) [Belgium]
  • TReKiE (#msgplus idler :P, Microsoft MVP) [Canada]
  • Segosa (#msgplus op) [Spain] (Picture removed by request)
  • Time (ex IRC oper, #msgplus helper/idler :P) [UK] (joined us for a fewhours on the last day)

What did we get up to?

Well MoRiA and I joined on the second day, so someone else will have to fill in for the first. However it sounds like they all had a lot of fun, and there may or may not have been some large quantities of alcohol (I’ll let them confirm that :P)

When we arrived, the others were still at the hostel (lazy gits ;)) We hung around for a bit, and made our introductions etc. Having only been there about 30 minutes by this time, even we were getting tired of TB’s insistence of going to get an “English Breakfast”. By all accounts he’d being going on about it for hours :| (obsessed!!) So we indulged him and headed out to a nice little Spanish café/bar place that just happened to serve what TB was going on about.
    The food there was very nice as TB will attest to (and yes wtbw, he drank his tea *with milk* :O)

After sitting in the café for waaaaaaaay too long, we headed out to find something interesting to do. Segosa mentioned wanting to see the pigeons in Trafalgar Square, so having worked out the best underground route, that’s where we headed. But all the pigeons were gone!

(Some piccies of people at Trafalgar Square)
  • Cookie
  • Segosa (Picture removed by request)
  • TReKiE (plus Cookie’s elbow)

Since that was essentially quite boring we moved out, and after some bad choices of directions, ended up walking for ages in the hot and humid London sun (England, hot, what’s going on? :S) Eventually after passing Big Ben and Westminster we found the “Manga Bar”, by the London Eye, and got to drink the worlds most expensive Coke while watching crazy Japanese cartoons. Fun ¬_¬. It was here that Cookie created the soon to be famous Decision Cube! A cardboard cube with some advert or other on it which was adorned with “Yes,” “No,” “Dunno,” “Try Again,” “Left,” and “Right” on each side. From this point on, whenever we couldn’t reach a decision between us (this happened a lot) we let the cube decide for us.) It had us go “Right” :D

Deciding that’d we’d had enough walking around, wanting to sit down somewhere we walked over to the IMAX to try and find something to watch. Nothing appealing so to Oxford street and the Odeon cinema. Despite it being a mere 100 meters from the underground station, and with a map in my hand, I still managed to lead us off in the wrong direction. Got three or four blocks before I got us turned around and headed back in the right direction. (Sunshine wasn’t best pleased :D)

We ended up watching War of the Worlds, which got some mixed reviews from the group. If you’ve seen it, you’ll probably know why. More walking took us through a very Arabic region of London, until we decided enough was enough and we’d catch an underground train just as long as there was no more walking!!

Ending up back at the hostel for no particular reason, where we spent some time trying to retrieve the photos from various cameras, and TReKiE using whatever program it was to try and locate us somewhere to go eat. TB’s latest obsession was somewhere in Chinatown where there was an all you can eat restaurant (like could he be any more specific kthx). According to TReKiE’s trusty laptop, over 57 restaurants in Chinatown; so we gave up on that idea pretty quick. More than an hour passed before someone lead the way out of the door, and we found ourselves walking around Bayswater until we got to TGI Friday’s, an American family restaurant.

Having not booked a table, we were sent to the bar to get royally drunk (mebbe) before we could sit down and order. Odd… because the place wasn’t at all busy all evening, but hey. We got to watch the barman try and juggle bottles and cocktail shakers over and over again, progressively dropping things more often. Once at the table, much food was consumed and laughter shared. Once the plates were licked clean, it was back again to the bar, where we managed to stay until kicking out time :|

Again the barman was up to his antics, and this time provided TB with much amusement getting him to try balancing a wine class on its edge using just a paper napkin. Easier said than done, involving the charging of much static electricity, and careful balancing of breakable objects. But try as we might, we couldn’t achieve it (without cheating that is) until the end of the evening when he let on to the little straw wrapped up inside the napkin. Another party trick to learn for the next time you get bored at a gathering, and need something to start conversation…)

Having had something to drink, we managed to convince TB that the lockers in out hostel room really were big enough to fit in. A nice safe haven perhaps, until we locked him in that is :D Claustrophobic?, aww, too bad, There is no Escape

After reluctantly letting TB out (he made rather a lot of noise when confined in a small metal space ;)) the Decision Cube really came into its own. Hours of enjoyment just in asking it silly questions such as “Is Inky a female” (apparently “Yes” :O) , “Should we throw TB out the window?” (a no go, the answer given us being “Left”) and the more disturbing question TB posed, “Should Cookie be given spankings?” (I don’t want to know what the answer was!)

Following these antics, for some reason TB broke out the towel. It looked as if he and Inky were having lots of entertainment “towel whipping each other” (just don’t ask)

We then had TB say something to insult Sunshine (bad TB :O) but it was ok, because Sunshine certainly got her own back. It culminated with TB on his knees in submission… that or proposing marriage, we’re not quite sure :P
RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by optimism_ on 08-11-2005 at 10:51 PM

Then, the unthinkable happened…
Omg we killed TB. We’re bastards!

Sunshine did it :O it was all her!! That nice big window that Cookie seemed to enjoy so much suddenly became TB’s worst nightmare when he unsuspectingly sat on it beside Cookie.

We’d scoped out our target earlier in the day, a nice set of Dumpsters placed so conveniently for him to land in. We missed ¬_¬

But don’t worry folks, he’s alllright! (And in an almost godlike pose according to that photo :P)

Day 2

Sleeping did eventually happen, but it was over far too quickly. The next morning was a repeat of the Breakfast saga, so off we went to this time a different Spanish English breakfast place (what is it with Spanish cafes in London, and them all serving all day breakfasts _). We had some bits and pieces to do like buying postcards and stamps, and for TB a “Mind The Gap” shirt; very cool.

We then underground’d it to see Time who was meeting us for a couple hours at Waterloo. Not to be surprised, he had found a seat right next to, and I quote, “The Ladies toilets”! Trust Time :P

We found ourselves headed towards the commandingly titled “Eat.” Café, where we did in fact not eat, but Drank. Various drinks (it was another hot day again.) We killed some time at the “Poo Market” (aka book market with a vandalised sign) then went a nice roundabout route somewhere underneath London on the tube.

It was time for goodbyes, (and in some cases, hugs) for it was time for various people to leave and catch planes, trains, but no automobiles that I know of.

Thus concludes Messenger Meeting, London ‘05
Hope you didn’t get as bored reading it as I fear you may have. But the better question is… where will the Decision Cube decide to hold the next one? Stay tuned!...

RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by Zephyr on 08-11-2005 at 11:09 PM

Glad you all had a good time. :)

I forgot you were all meeting then as i've been away for a while. But, I was up in London on the 9th with some firends and was in Trafalgar Square for a while and a got a picture on top of one of the lions. It would have been great to meet some of you, but i forgot. Anyway, glad it all ran smoothly and it's good that TB came back from the dead, lol.

RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by FrozenDaggers on 08-11-2005 at 11:18 PM

Ow. Looks like it was a good time. Hope everyone had fun. Sounds like ya all did :D

RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by segosa on 08-11-2005 at 11:25 PM

You know, could you have taken a worse photo of me? Jesus...

Anyway, on the first day I arrived at the airport, met up with TReKiE and we waited for an hour for Sunshine to arrive. Then we all took the train to meet up with TB & Inky (who sms'd us about 10 times during the train ride, "Where ARE you guys?" "we're waiting for you, hurry up", "come on guys" to each of our mobiles despite us not being able to change the velocity at which the train was travelling).

We met Cookie in the same station as TB & Inky and then we all bought 3-day tickets for the London Underground. After that we headed to the Hostel and checked in (with much confusion as TB/Inky had both paid for their beds already, and the receptionists seemed to not be able to understand English properly)

Someone else will have to describe what happened after that since I'm dead from travelling and I can barely recall what happened.

RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by emit on 08-11-2005 at 11:25 PM

Nice account opti. Before anyone asks, I was not perving outside the "ladies toilets" but it was the closest free seat to the Waterloo entrance!!! God's honest truth guv'nor. Though I couldn't help noticing that in this lovely hot weather there were some fine ladies out in scant little clothing... *coughs*. Despite that it was hella cool to meet a bunch of people from the community and I would definitely go to any further meets! Oh, and segosa is newb in real life too. Hopefully I should be seeing TReKiE again, along with wtbw too, for a day out maybe when wtbw gets back from holiday! Looking forward to that. Then we can take some more embarassing photos that will no doubt get posted here. We shall see. Hope everyone had a good trip home.

Time.

RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by optimism_ on 08-11-2005 at 11:27 PM

Time: Add them as a reply to this thread. The Diaries of London... continued as it were :P

RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by Chrono on 08-11-2005 at 11:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by optimism_
CookieRevised (msgplus forum moderator)
really? :P

Anyway, it's nice to know that you had a good time in london :D
RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by brian on 08-11-2005 at 11:28 PM

Grrr.

Segosa, YOU FORGOT ABOUT TEH PIE!1!1

RE: RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by emit on 08-11-2005 at 11:35 PM

quote:
Time: Add them as a reply to this thread. The Diaries of London... continued as it were :P

Will do, just remind me to when I post it.
RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by MoRiA on 08-11-2005 at 11:41 PM

quote:
More walking took us through a very Arabic region of London
I seem to recall learning something about TB around that area of London... What a shame it has just slipped my mind, currently.. Okay, TB, you can put the gun down now... See? I didn't say it! (A)

quote:
Having had something to drink, we managed to convince TB that the lockers in out hostel room really were a nice safe haven perhaps, until we locked him in that is :D

At one point TB had learnt that with a cocktail stick he could prevent Cookie locking the door. No problem! Cookie simply picked up the locker and spun it 180° around in one fell swoop so that the door was against the wall!

quote:
We found ourselves headed towards the commandingly titled “Eat.” Café
I should point out that in our second-day (or third-day for those that arrived on the 9th) travels we discovered three of these cafés. Subliminal messaging, anyone?

We also had a brief* discussion on whether or not "Eat." is a valid sentence. There are certainly arguments against it being valid, as every English class I've ever taken has told me that a sentence has to consist of an object - i.e. a "target" for the sentence. There is no such object in "Eat."

*"Brief" being described as someone - probably optimism_ - waking me from my heat-induced semi-slumber :p - asking me if it was valid, followed by Time 'begging' me to say that it's not...

Overall it was a very enjoyable couple of days. It was also unbelievably expensive and optimism_ and I didn't even have to travel from a foreign country like everyone else :S

I might post a few more pics when I sort my laptop out. I had to resize the locker one in Paint then upload it with IE's FTP client... :/

Edit: (lots of posts made while I typed this and tried to avoid falling asleep :p)
quote:
Originally posted by Segosa
You know, could you have taken a worse photo of me? Jesus...
I don't know if you did it intentionally, but you avoided being in EVERY SINGLE ONE of my photos. The best I had was the side of you in Trafalgar Square... 8-)
RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by emit on 08-11-2005 at 11:57 PM

"begging" is a bit strong, but since everyone turned to MoRiA as the group's pedant and I knew I was right about it not being a sentence his approval seemed necessary!@#

RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by MoRiA on 08-12-2005 at 12:29 AM

I knew it was a little strong - hence the surrounding apostrophes - but I'm too tired to think of a better way of saying it :p

And to be perfectly honest Segosa is more of a pedant than I am. I've started to entirely ignore errors etc. recently :(

RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by emit on 08-12-2005 at 12:49 AM

MoRiA: that's probably a good thing =p Yeah, seg is hella pedantic though, I must agree on that - obsession with "there, their, they're" etc.
Omar: gambling, drinking and strip clubs? Count me in.

RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by brian on 08-12-2005 at 03:00 AM

Sadly, our plan 42342 has failed because Segosa did not throw the pie.

RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by lopardo on 08-12-2005 at 06:54 AM

Sounds like you had a great time :)

Next time please notify me a couple of months before so I prepare my bike :P

RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by Eljay on 08-12-2005 at 07:27 AM

[Image: InkyWhip.jpg]

this pic looks extremely dodgy to me :dodgy:

RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by Sunshine on 08-12-2005 at 01:03 PM

My story:

On august 9th the travelling starts. Getting on the train towards Schiphol Airport at 9:35 am. Scheduled was a transfer at Amersfoort, but when the train arrived that specific train wasn't runnin due to some powertrouble. Was told to board another train wich led to a station where i had to transfer once more..delay 30 mins and 2 transfers instead of just 1. I planned the travelling with enough time left for occasions like this, so no harm done :D

Schiphol Airport: as it was my first time flying ever i was a lil bit nervous about wether or not i'd find my way after check-in point. It was pretty easy, just very time consuming..getting from check-in point to the correct gate took about an hour (thats including handluggage beeing scanned 2/3 times before boarding at diff points of the route). When i arrived at the gate (D22) there was an announcement on the screen that boarding will be at D12...ofcourse there was a massive qeue by the time i got back there *sigh*. Finally on the plane...hmm i can't stretch my legs..airplanes sure are smaller inside than i imagined. Taking off made me feel weird but it all got better when plane stopped going further up (i didn't really get sick). Landing made me somewhat def, like everything was very distant.

London: As soon as i could i notified Segosa that i had arrived and i got a message back to tell me where he and Jonathan (TReKiE) were waiting for me. No troubles recognising eachother at all :D On to the trains we went, we got a good deal too..3 travel for the price of 2. Whilst beeing on the train TB messaged us several times asking where we were at Victoria (i set the meetingpoint to be entrance of tubes at Victoria Station), well we hadn't arrived there yet so we didn't answer back :chrongue: I figured he'd go find Cookie who was already at the meetingpoint. In the end we found Cookie before TB and Inky found the meetingpoint...hehehe smile!

The hostel: as bits of the bill were already payed by TB it got somewhat more complicated as to what still needed to be payed. Whilst i was gathering the money from the group the check in person got somewhat impatient, so i said i was gathering the money. I had to say that several times as they didn't understand and kept sayin to pay..and asking if they had to book another room for us and cancel the existing one..gahhhhhh....learn english folks! I guess i should have known it be a hasle making myself understandable to them because before i had to e-mail them 3/4 times too to change the booking :(

Finally, everything is sorted and we continue to our room. Then out...go walking about and get food..we couldn't decide what to eat so we asked our decisionman (TReKiE) to decide what to eat. Pizza! Later on we went for a walk in Kensington Garden, then off to find a pub. Wich was harder then expected, when we finally found one i decided to buy the guys a drink. When it closed ofcourse we had to go back to the hostel...to find out it wasn't that far from the hostel afterall....we just missed it because we walked through the park..lol.

Day 2: I woke up very early (6 am) and didn't get much sleep at all because of the noise outside. Decided to get up at 7:30 and get a shower before breakfast....this woke up TB and he asked me not to wake him that early again lmao. When everybody got up we went for breakfast, meaning going downstairs to the kitchen and grab whatever you wanted to eat and drink. Then we waited for MoRiA/Astfgl and Optimism to arrive..in the meantime TReKiE had dissapeared of the face of the earth. TB searched for him but he was nowhere to be found. After TB messaged him we wanted to go out to get the by TB so desired English Breakfast we went off. As sudden as TReKiE dissapeared he appeared again too. We joked about saying we oughta call the police to search for TRekiE, "Tracking TReKiE" - new episode: "Lost in London".

Day 2 involved loads of walking, wich my feet didn't like much (dodgy feet probs atm)..but i stayed strong and went on automatic pilot...walk on!...i didn't want it to hold back the group anyways..the guys were very caring asking me how i was doing all the time :)
Optimism already posted rest of the story about day 2.

Pictures day 2:
One of the famous lions at Trafalgar Square
Fountain at Travalgar Square
A statue at Trafalgar Square, and proof there used to be pigeons.
The group at Trafalgar Square
Big Ben
A part of West Minster
The Eye
The Eye once more

Day 3: Final day...Gettin up a bit later than the day before, i slept better too :D At the place we had breakfast Cookie ordered a can of coke, wich turned out to have a real cute message on it (captured for eternity by TB). We had another day of fun together and i took one more photo opportunity whilst we were waiting for Time:
TB, Inky, Cookie, Segosa, TReKiE, Optimism, MoRiA/Astfgl at Waterloo.

Thinking about it beeing the last day of the meet made me sad...how i hate goodbyes...but as always, to everything comes an end. Me hugging Cookie goodbye made us miss the first metro out of Bayswater, but we again planned everything including possible delay time so who cares :chrongue: I enjoyed the meet very much and surely want more meets. Travel back went as planned, last person i had to say bye to was Segosa as we departed from same airport around same time. The starting and landing of the aeroplane didn't make me feel that weird anymore just like TReKiE told me (wow, i sure get used to it quickly) :D Back in The Netherlands it felt weird to travel on my own again, esp. as the trainstation was pretty much deserted. I had to wait 20 mins and felt really lonely...mhmmm txting time. Finally at 12:35 am i arrived in my hometown again. Left, Right, Stairs, Sleep...yay!

RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by MoRiA on 08-12-2005 at 02:23 PM

Whooaaaa Sunshine's photos have me in! :o

My photos. They're all 800x600 or 600x800, 50KiB-150KiB, unless otherwise stated, with a few of them run through Paint Shop Pro's One Step Photo Fix first - so if the contrast seems too high, that's why. I can't be bothered to fiddle with them now.
The infamous Decision Cube before Cookie made it so.
optimism_ in Trafalgar Sq.
Inky & Sunshine in Trafalgar Sq.
Inky & TB at a dodgy angle in Trafalgar Sq.
Trafalgar Sq. Fountain.
optimism_ in Trafalgar Sq. again
Someone decided that Trafalgar Sq. needed an obscene police presence :S.
Err thingy in Trafalgar Sq.... :p.
Lion thing in Trafalgar Sq. Most of us have pics of that, though.
Someone's hand preventing me photographing them. TB's, I think.
Inky at Trafalgar Sq. Not all of my pics were taken here - I promise!
Segosa & Trekie in Trafalgar Sq. This is the only pic of mine that has more than one limb of Segosa in...
Big Ben.
Westminster Abbey? It's a building behind a pile of trees and Inky that I recall being related to Big Ben, though...
The BA London Eye
A closer shot of Big Ben (optical zoom - I didn't fly up closer to it or something...)
A close-up of the Thames!! :p Its purity reminded me of the [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankh-Morpork#The_River_Ankh]Ankh[/url]
optimism, Inky and Sunshine in the dodgy manga café.
Sunshine, Cookie, Segosa (:o maybe I do have more than one pic of him!) and Trekie at the aforementioned manga café. This is where the Decision Cube was found.
optimism_ in the hostel.
TB & Inky in the hostel.
Inky admiring the lovely view from our hostel room window (it looked out onto a road - but what should we expect in London, really? ;))
Cookie locking TB in the locker.
TB trying to hide in the locker.
TB is well and truely stuck now!
More proof of TB being unable to escape.
We had let him out by now, so he was back to playing with his phone..
Cookie sitting in his favourite seat.. :p
TB approaching the window and his doom...
Inky, optimism_, Time and Segosa's arm in the commandingly named café.
Sunshine, Cookie, TB and Trekie in the same café.

RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by RebelSean on 08-12-2005 at 10:07 PM

http://sunshine.likethat.org.uk/pics/messenger%20...Waterloo-Group.jpg

Which one of those dodgy people is MoRiA? I've always wanted a picture of him :p.

RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by Sunshine on 08-12-2005 at 10:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
http://sunshine.likethat.org.uk/pics/messenger%20meet%20london/010%20Waterloo-Group.jpg

Which one of those dodgy people is MoRiA? I've always wanted a picture of him :p.
I listed them from left to right ;)

RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by RebelSean on 08-13-2005 at 12:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
quote:
http://sunshine.likethat.org.uk/pics/messenger%20meet%20london/010%20Waterloo-Group.jpg

I listed them from left to right ;)

I started thinking about that when I saw a few of them in the order you listed. Heh, just wanted to make sure. Finaly, I've gotten to see teh real MoRiA.

I'm SO going to one of these things when I get older. Maybe my Senior trip someone can cook a meeting up in the US or Canada :p.
RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by MoRiA on 08-13-2005 at 01:42 AM

quote:
Finaly, I've gotten to see teh real MoRiA.
I'm not that interesting really :p *strokes my hair*

Actually my last hair band snapped at opti's house on Wednesday morning so everyone almost had to see me with my hair everywhere which isn't a pretty sight. Had to buy some new ones there 8-)
RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by Millenium_edition on 08-13-2005 at 10:43 AM

whoa, bigger stories than the paris meeting :p

btw sunshine, i have a pic of myself making love to one of these lions

RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by Sunshine on 08-13-2005 at 10:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
whoa, bigger stories than the paris meeting :p
It lasted longer too :P
quote:
btw sunshine, i have a pic of myself making love to one of these lions
* Sunshine giggles..

You gotta show me that one sometime :chrongue:

RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by saralk on 08-13-2005 at 11:17 AM

I asked if i could go but they said no :(

RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by absorbation on 08-13-2005 at 11:20 AM

i dont know who half of the are :lol: anyway welcome back :tongue:

RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by TheBlasphemer on 08-13-2005 at 11:32 AM

As much as I've wanted to keep pretending to really be dead,
People kept on bugging me to post my pictures...
So here they are:
TB's London Messenger Meeting '05 Pictures

RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by Sunshine on 08-13-2005 at 11:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
I asked if i could go but they said no :(
I've not heard of you applying to come (must have been before i took over arranging it all)..it was an exclusive meet for the most important peeps (programmers, mvps, betatesters-if we know you well enough, top helpers etc. ) in messenger world.
quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
i dont know who half of the are :rofl: anyway welcome back :chrongue:

I guess you haven't been around long enough to know them :P
Thanks for welcoming us back :D
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
As much as I've wanted to keep pretending to really be dead,
People kept on bugging me to post my pictures...
The first post already gave away that you weren't really dead...

RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by Tasha on 08-13-2005 at 11:41 AM

Welcome back. :banana:

Looks like you had fun. Love the coke can. :p

RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by Sunshine on 08-13-2005 at 11:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
Welcome back. :banana:

Looks like you had fun. Love the coke can. :p
Thanks, we had loads of fun. And yea i love the coke can too...it was passed from one end to the other end of the tables to where i was...i did my best not to blush (makes a diff from passing notes huh :chrongue: ) TB suggested i'd take it with me to save it, but i didn't have anywhere to put it to take it with me :(
RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by Stigmata on 08-18-2005 at 10:30 PM

If you think the coke can is cool...

you should see the advert :P

RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by Patchou on 08-18-2005 at 11:53 PM

hahaha.. how the hell could I miss this thread?

makes me think I should really have bought a plane ticket .

Thanks for the report and the photos, too bad you missed for TB, I would probably have herited of the StuffPlug code.

RE: Messenger Meeting, London '05 by Negro_Joe on 08-19-2005 at 01:53 PM

Actually its sounds surprisingly entertaining! :P