Shoutbox

[FIXED] Another prob with Desktop Contacts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: [FIXED] Another prob with Desktop Contacts (/showthread.php?tid=49506)

[FIXED] Another prob with Desktop Contacts by YottabyteWizard on 08-25-2005 at 04:48 PM

Well, this is happening for me for a while and YES, I've searched the forums.

I have enabled the option for ALWAYS ON TOP for my desktop contacts, but there are times (randomly) where some of the or all of them dissapear, i don't have enabled REMOVE WHEN CONTACTS STATUS IS OFFLINE or anything like that.... i checked more and it's like ALWAYS ON TOP werent activated, but it is.

RE: Another prob with Desktop Contacts by segosa on 08-25-2005 at 05:10 PM

* segosa starts his psychic powers

Nope, they're not capable of finding out your MSN Messenger, MsgPlus, and Windows versions. Shame.

RE: Another prob with Desktop Contacts by YottabyteWizard on 08-25-2005 at 07:46 PM

OMG, sorry...

MSN Messenger 7.0.0816
MsgPlus: 3.54.132
Windows XP Pro SP2 English Languaje

RE: Another prob with Desktop Contacts by cardshark on 08-26-2005 at 03:26 AM

Yeah, I've had the same problem, with both 7.0.x and 7.5 versions of MSN Messenger. I think it has something to do with other programs that run always on top kicking them out. I've found that, usually, just by clicking on each name (not even unchecking and rechecking the always on top) will fix it. Does this happen when you run other always on top programs?

Similarly, I have one contact that, if I keep them on my desktop, they do not disappear when I select the option to hide depending on status. I often do this to watch fullscreen videos, and the one name stays up even if they are offline (the usual status setting I use). I know for a fact that they are actually offline, and not just appearing offline. Any thoughts on this?

RE: Another prob with Desktop Contacts by brian on 08-26-2005 at 03:39 AM

A little search on the forums could find your post, please read CookieRevised's reply to "Messenger Plus! 3.20"

RE: Another prob with Desktop Contacts by YottabyteWizard on 08-26-2005 at 04:01 AM

OMG, thanks :D didn't see that topic (Y)