Shoutbox

Post pics of your 1/9 PSP :P - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Post pics of your 1/9 PSP :P (/showthread.php?tid=49824)

Post pics of your 1/9 PSP :P by paperless on 09-01-2005 at 04:29 AM

Ive created this thread for all the people who got their PSP today and want to post pictures of it.

RE: Post pics of your 1/9 PSP :P by uberdosis on 09-01-2005 at 04:32 AM

And where is yours?

RE: Post pics of your 1/9 PSP :P by BlingKing on 09-01-2005 at 05:49 AM

where is your psp *paperless* i dont have one but i do have a DS i am so stupid i should of got a psp ...dong... oOoOo Well S*ht Happens

RE: Post pics of your 1/9 PSP :P by paperless on 09-01-2005 at 06:02 AM

Mine is going to be posted in +/- 6 or 7 hours coz after going to pick it up im going to Lisbon to take care of...stuff.

RE: Post pics of your 1/9 PSP :P by Eljay on 09-01-2005 at 06:40 AM

pfft no cam anyway but why bother, dont they all look pretty much the same :P

RE: Post pics of your 1/9 PSP :P by Mentality on 09-01-2005 at 08:42 AM

Can I post a picture Of mine even though i gt it two months ago?

I can get a dead pixel fixer video, I'll post it when I find it. it runs through colours that can stimulate the dead pixels to work, not 100% surity obviously if there dead there dead, but you can have a try, it won't hurt.

RE: Post pics of your 1/9 PSP :P by paperless on 09-01-2005 at 08:46 AM

Yeah post it :P

That video would be nice for my monitor too :P i think its stuck.

RE: RE: Post pics of your 1/9 PSP :P by Mentality on 09-01-2005 at 08:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by paperless
Yeah post it :P

That video would be nice for my monitor too :P i think its stuck.

I removed the pixel fixer link because it had been prooven not to work, (The video not the link)

[Image: S4010003.jpg]
RE: Post pics of your 1/9 PSP :P by Eljay on 09-01-2005 at 12:08 PM

cant post pics coz i dont have a digicam but im just gonna post here to say how much it totally pwnz..

100%

* Eljay continues to compress father ted episodes to fit onto the tiny 32MB mem stick :grin:

RE: Post pics of your 1/9 PSP :P by Mentality on 09-01-2005 at 02:02 PM

* Lee Jeffrey Cracks Me Up, Father Ted Rocks

what compressor are you using?

RE: Post pics of your 1/9 PSP :P by mwe99 on 09-01-2005 at 02:35 PM

179.99 in Argos for UK people lol

RE: Post pics of your 1/9 PSP :P by Eljay on 09-01-2005 at 02:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mentality
* Lee Jeffrey Cracks Me Up, Father Ted Rocks

what compressor are you using?

3GP Converter program, but i only have a 32MB memstick so its too big, o well im getting a 256/512 tomorrow probably so for now ill just shove the entire ff7 soundtrack onto it and some movie trailers :P lol

edit: its lee jeffery btw :P and yes father ted does rock :P
RE: RE: RE: Post pics of your 1/9 PSP :P by CookieRevised on 09-01-2005 at 02:37 PM

quote:
60% success rate PIXEL FIXER HERE!!!
That's crap... You can't revive a dead pixel at all. A dead pixel is a place on the monitor where the cathode beam can't go anymore (on a RCT; on LCD and TFT it works differently, but principle of a dead pixel is the same). This can't be solved by some flashing red, green and blue colors; a dead pixel isn't something like a battery you can recharge...

_IF_ it would work like that, it would be better to show a simple white image all the time as that contains all the colors and the beam (or whatwever hardware method) would constantly need to scan anyways; no flashing needed at all.

It's just a con...
RE: Post pics of your 1/9 PSP :P by ipab on 09-01-2005 at 02:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
That's crap... You can't revive a dead pixel at all. A dead pixel is a place on the monitor where the cathode beam can't go anymore (on a RCT; on LCD and TFT it works differently, but principle of a dead pixel is the same). This can't be solved by some flashing red, green and blue colors; a dead pixel isn't something like a battery you can recharge...

_IF_ it would work like that, it would be better to show a simple white image all the time as that contains all the colors and the beam (or whatwever hardware method) would constantly need to scan anyways; no flashing needed at all.

It's just a con...

well said, how come people are getting their psp now? here in Canada, it was available since a long time ago.

For all those people who are having dead pixels, you are still under warranty, so why don't you just take it back to the store for an exchange :s
RE: Post pics of your 1/9 PSP :P by Eljay on 09-01-2005 at 03:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ipab

how come people are getting their psp now? here in Canada, it was available since a long time ago.

just been released here today :(

uk sux.
RE: Post pics of your 1/9 PSP :P by Mentality on 09-01-2005 at 03:41 PM

quote:
whatwever hardware method) would constantly need to scan anyways; no flashing needed at all.

It's just a con...

I dunno, it did fix some of mine that didnt light up. i didnt mean it fixed DEAD ones just dodgy ones i guess. just the ones that won't light certain colours.
you don't even notice the dead pixels half the time, so it isnt even a real issue

Sorry Lee JEFFERY :P :lol:

RE: RE: Post pics of your 1/9 PSP :P by CookieRevised on 09-01-2005 at 03:49 PM

quote:
quote:
whatwever hardware method) would constantly need to scan anyways; no flashing needed at all.

It's just a con...

I dunno, it did fix some of mine that didnt light up. i didnt mean it fixed DEAD ones just dodgy ones i guess. just the ones that won't light certain colours. you don't even notice the dead pixels half the time, so it isnt even a real issue
If a pixel refuses to show certain colors it is again not due to showing that movie that it will be fixed. It is well possible that by pressure on the screen or magnetic fields that some colors are off, but it useually will be fixed by itself when the liquid crystal (or whatever is used on the PSP) gets depressured (erm.. for the lack of knowing a better word :P) or the magnetic field gets down (degaussing).
RE: Post pics of your 1/9 PSP :P by Mentality on 09-01-2005 at 05:11 PM

quote:
..........depressured (erm.. for the lack of knowing a better word ) or the magnetic field gets down (degaussing).

Prooven wrong.
I'll remove the link then, despite the fact it does no harm, it's a waste of time.

Anybody gonna actually post pictures? Been a whole loada off-topicness here, (including myself)
RE: Post pics of your 1/9 PSP :P by Val on 09-01-2005 at 10:26 PM

Ive had a psp snice may. i had homebrew and stuff. i have a psp portal i made and stuff. i also have the jap ver 2.0 the old and w/e you do dont upgrade to 2.0 there working on a downgrade should come out today. theres a porgram that can change your firmware ber but not the firmware its self so you dont have to ever upgrade :P

RE: Post pics of your 1/9 PSP :P by NiteMare on 09-01-2005 at 10:41 PM

i had what i thought was atleast 30 dead pixels on my LCD monitor, :$ until i cleaned it off, turns out i only have 1, the rest were from when i snezzed

RE: Post pics of your 1/9 PSP :P by paperless on 09-02-2005 at 10:29 AM

That video isnt suposed to fix dead pixels but stuck pixels.

I havent posted a pic yet because my digicam has ran out of batt.

Im kinda happy with it because i have no dead or stuck pixels :D

RE: Post pics of your 1/9 PSP :P by Mentality on 09-02-2005 at 02:32 PM

mine where white so I guess they where stuck, maybe thats why the video did work for me then. who knows. the link still works from cookies post if anybody wants to try it for stuck pixels.

[UPDATE]

Theres the link again.

PIXEL FIXER

RE: Post pics of your 1/9 PSP :P by rav0 on 09-03-2005 at 04:44 AM

Dead pixel and stuck pixel mean the same thing and can be used interchangably. They are pixels which are permanantly black, red, blue, green, or in some cases, white. The video doesn't work, but it is still cool to watch fullscreen on your computer :p.

If you really want to use it, even though it doesn't work at all, the video must be save as /MP_ROOT/100MNV01/M4V00000.MP4, that is; M4V00000.MP4 inside the 100MNV01 folder inside the MP_ROOT folder on your memory stick. You may need to create those folders, and you may change the 0s (zeros) in the filename to any other numerals, but you must keep the same amount eg M4V00000.MP4, M4V00006.MP4, M4V56485.MP4 or M4V11100.MP4.

RE: Post pics of your 1/9 PSP :P by Mentality on 09-03-2005 at 09:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
to watch fullscreen on your computer

Weather it works or not, (it got rid of my white pixels FACT) its dangerous.

IF YOU GOT EPILEPSY GET SOMEONE ELSE TO DO IT, SERIOUSLY, BECAUSE YOU COULD POSSIBLY DIE FROM WATCHING THIS VIDEO. it flickers like the dodgy mirror ball and neon lights in a gay bar.

[UPDATE]

NO ONE EVER DID POST PICTURES DID THEY