Shoutbox

UK PSP Release Day - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: UK PSP Release Day (/showthread.php?tid=49856)

UK PSP Release Day by kipper2258 on 09-01-2005 at 08:15 PM

I got my UK PSP today, did anyone else?

Its seems generally cool, abit fussy with the video though which is annoying. The memory stick rubber latch thing on the console is also annoying as it keeps falling out, and battery life dosent seem great (+ I have 2 dead pixels :() But generally it seems a good little machine.

RE: UK PSP Release Day by absorbation on 09-01-2005 at 08:22 PM

lol i want a ps3 so i'm not getting one ;) lee jeffery gets his today too :banana:

RE: UK PSP Release Day by user27089 on 09-01-2005 at 08:55 PM

I'm not going to get a PSP, I don't see the point really, it is mostly a fashion icon... I can't really see many good games coming out on it, most of the games that have came out already are just portable version of games that are already out... They have gone over the top with pariphanalea aswell, which is annoying...

I am getting an XBOX 360 when it comes out anyway, well christmas at least!

I brought 4 games today. Farcry, Mortal Kombat: Defiance, Splinter Cell 3: Chaos Theory & Ninja Gaiden.

RE: UK PSP Release Day by M73A on 09-01-2005 at 09:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
lol i want a ps3 so i'm not getting one ;) lee jeffery gets his today too :banana:

lol i read that the ps3 is due for release on 15th of march... hm same as my birthday ! :D lol.... wonder if thats coincidence or fate!
RE: UK PSP Release Day by user27089 on 09-01-2005 at 09:38 PM

They haven't yet released a price for the Playstation 3 yet though, which is the main problem for most buyers, I wouldn't want to pre-order until I knew what the price of it was, it could exceed £300!!! I hope it doesn't for the sake of Sony though, it would be a bad move in their part, regardless on how much they spent on Processors etc... Only people with enough money and willpower would buy it...

RE: UK PSP Release Day by Negro_Joe on 09-02-2005 at 01:37 PM

I doubt it i think the PS3 will outsell the Xbox 360, maybe not on the first day, but in the long run, due to the fact the PS3 is at least twice as powerful and has the backing of the devil may cry, MGS4, GTA, and other famous games.
But as it has been before both consoles will both reduce their prices drastictly all in the name of console supremacy, so im not worrying about the prices just yet.
And i think the PSP could potentilly be the best handheld ever, it has completely revolutionzed the whole idea of handheld entertainment, and the game are potentilly on par with those on PS2.