Shoutbox

How to find a Chinese Book - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: How to find a Chinese Book (/showthread.php?tid=49906)

How to find a Chinese Book by Dempsey on 09-02-2005 at 09:23 PM

About 18 months ago I was asked if Screenshot Sender could be included in a book and I found the email about it the other day and thought it would be quite cool to try and get a copy.

But i don't read chinese so I dont have a clue how I could go about finding a copy.  I know the book was called 'The Tactic Application of Using MSN' and that it was published in Traditional Chinese and then in Simplified Chinese and that the publishers website is http://www.flag.com.tw.

Thats about all I know and I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas about how I might go about trying to get a copy, as when I try going on there website, I obviously don't understand a word of it.

RE: How to find a Chinese Book by *Saint* on 09-02-2005 at 09:39 PM

maybe ebay
email the guy who asked you about putting it in the book
find a chinese buddy

RE: How to find a Chinese Book by Voldemort on 09-02-2005 at 09:40 PM

translate the page :)

RE: How to find a Chinese Book by Dempsey on 09-02-2005 at 09:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by *Saint*
maybe ebay
yea but its chinese and you cant just search on ebay china or whatever in english as it wont find anything
RE: How to find a Chinese Book by albert on 09-02-2005 at 09:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
About 18 months ago I was asked if Screenshot Sender could be included in a book and I found the email about it the other day and thought it would be quite cool to try and get a copy.

But i don't read chinese so I dont have a clue how I could go about finding a copy.  I know the book was called 'The Tactic Application of Using MSN' and that it was published in Traditional Chinese and then in Simplified Chinese and that the publishers website is http://www.flag.com.tw.

Thats about all I know and I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas about how I might go about trying to get a copy, as when I try going on there website, I obviously don't understand a word of it.

Mnjul knows chinese, ask him, I think he could help :)
RE: How to find a Chinese Book by Mnjul on 09-03-2005 at 02:54 AM

The book costs $280 TWD, and delivering it to UK will cost some other hundreds dollars (I'll have to check it out). So the total fee will be about 10~20 Pounds. :)

I can buy it for you, Dempsey, if you want to tell me your Credit Card number :P The Flags does have the service to deliver books overseas. Of course, you can mail the guy that mailed you too... ;)

Oh by the way, most of our plugins have got only two pages in the book... (At least Hopper does, I didn't check for other plugins though.. didn't buy the book :P)

RE: How to find a Chinese Book by Dempsey on 09-03-2005 at 12:19 PM

ah yea that would be cool, the only prob is i dont have a credit card, just a debit card which they prob wouldnt accept.  Unless i could do something like send you the money over paypal or something (plus your handling free :P)  and then you could order it or something?

RE: How to find a Chinese Book by Mnjul on 09-03-2005 at 12:25 PM

I don't have a credit card either :(

Edit: Well, I can buy the book for you, and send it to UK... will just have to head for a bookstore and no credit card is needed :P

Edit 2: I've found my favorite online store, which needs Credit Card (I'll have to ask my mother if she would let me use hers), has the service of delivering books overseas...the total fee would be 616 TWD which is about 10.5 Pounds :)

Edit 3: Are you really going to read that Chinese book? :|

RE: How to find a Chinese Book by Dempsey on 09-03-2005 at 12:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
I don't have a credit card either :(

Edit: Well, I can buy the book for you, and send it to UK... will just head for a bookstore and no credit card is needed :P
well if you could do that would be really cool :banana:

If you let me know how much the book + postage + your fee is and then we can sort out me paying you by paypal or whatever :D

I can send the money before you get it if needed, let me know.
RE: How to find a Chinese Book by Mnjul on 09-03-2005 at 12:41 PM

My post has been updated, Dempsey:)

Well the reason why I said about "Edit 2" was that the my favorite online bookstore has great and trustable service... the often so-called "Amazon Taiwan" :p

RE: How to find a Chinese Book by Dempsey on 09-03-2005 at 12:45 PM

quote:

Edit 2: I've found my favorite online store, which needs Credit Card (I'll have to ask my mother if she would let me use hers), has the service of delivering books overseas..

ah cool :banana:

quote:
.the total fee would be 616 TWD which is about 10.5 Pounds :)
Bargain (mo)

quote:

Edit 3: Are you really going to read that Chinese book? :|

well im not going to be able to read it, but i just thought it would be kinda cool to have a copy of the book that Screenshot Sender is in.  Cos it wont be avaible to buy forever so i might as well get a copy while i can
RE: How to find a Chinese Book by Mnjul on 09-03-2005 at 12:50 PM

So, are you going to buy it? I do have a Paypal account, but unverified...will the account be able to receive your money?

RE: How to find a Chinese Book by user27089 on 09-03-2005 at 12:51 PM

quote:
So, are you going to buy it? I do have a Paypal account, but unverified...will the account be able to receive your money?

It should be able to receive the money fine, then of course, you can get your Mother's account details from the bank or whatever, and transfer the cash received from Dempsey into her bank, so everything should be cool... It's what I do with my Dad...
RE: How to find a Chinese Book by Mnjul on 09-03-2005 at 12:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor

It should be able to receive the money fine, then of course, you can get your Mother's account details from the bank or whatever, and transfer the cash received from Dempsey into her bank, so everything should be cool... It's what I do with my Dad...
A while ago I asked my mother and she refused to provide her information to Paypal.. well, I am fine with Paypal anyway, perhaps I'll find something to buy in Paypal-supporting stores :)

Edit: I have to go right now and let's talk about this later ;)
RE: How to find a Chinese Book by Dempsey on 09-03-2005 at 01:36 PM

quote:
Yea AFAIK anyone can recieve paypal money, even to an email not registered with paypal at the time.

quote:
well, I am fine with Paypal anyway, perhaps I'll find something to buy in Paypal-supporting stores :)
:)

quote:
Edit: I have to go right now and let's talk about this later ;)
OK cool :banana: