Shoutbox

MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine (/showthread.php?tid=50270)

MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine by segosa on 09-09-2005 at 04:16 PM

MsgPlus is in a dutch PC magazine \o/ Thanks to Sunshine for posting me a copy I've scanned the 4-pages of MSN Messenger-related bits. A.Patch got its own half a column and Mess Patch wasn't even mentioned :P

It's in dutch obviously so only some people will be able to understand it, until one of them decides to translate. Until then you can just look at the pretty pictures :P

1: http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/4641/14ub1.jpg
2: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3966/27mv.jpg
3: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7133/31qk.jpg
4: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7124/47wt.jpg

I've translated the A.Patch bit already for Ahmad so I'll post that.. It won't be perfect since neither is my dutch..

(starts bottom-right of page 30)

code:
By default MSN Messenger contains a variety of annoying things. For example the advertisements in the contact list. Luckily there are so-called patches available that can help you. With them you can select changes to the MSN-software via a simple wizard.

A good patch is A-Patch, which you can download for free at www.apatch.tk. Start the program you downloaded. The first window from A-Patch will appear. If you have installed MSN Messenger in the default folder, click on Next.

You will see the first list of options. All these options are to do with the contact list. To remove advertisements from the program check the "Remove Advertisement" box and to remove the search bar the option "Remove Search Bar". Have a look which other options are interesting to you.

Then click on Next. The next group of options are to do with the conversation windows. Here you can also check "Remove Advertisement". Click on Next again. Do you have no need for 'Nudges', the new MSN feature which shakes your conversation window? Check the "Disable Nudge Shake" box.

Click on Next. Check Polygamy if you want to be able to run more than one instance of MSN so you can log in with more than one account. Click on Apply to apply all your modifications.

Now who wants to go and translate the rest? :refuck:
RE: MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine by Stigmata on 09-09-2005 at 04:20 PM

Ou la la :)

RE: MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine by Omar on 09-09-2005 at 04:25 PM

you need a better scanner tbfh... :P

RE: MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine by segosa on 09-09-2005 at 04:30 PM

[18:24:06] <@Omar> segosa, you need a bette scanner tbfh... :p
[18:24:11] <@Omar> better*
[18:24:12] <&segosa> .
[18:24:33] <@Omar> <3
[18:25:05] <@Sunshine> its printed on crappy paper omar :p

RE: MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine by Dempsey on 09-09-2005 at 05:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Henk
In the September issue of "Tips and Trucs", published in the Nederlands there is a special coverage on Messenger Plus!. The story is called ~Chatten De Luxe~. An item on the Screenshot Sender 3 is included, including some tips.  It has been recomended that the skin could easily be matched to intergrate with the commonlu used Plus! standard, and take other skins from that point onwards, if it pleases the designer, that is.

from Update to Screenshot Sender 3 Beta - 3.0.555

I got my copy of the magazine on wednesday, t'is quite cool, they mention three plugins, Screenshot Sender, Stuffplug and System Info but only mine has a screenshot :P
RE: MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine by user27089 on 09-09-2005 at 05:44 PM

That is really cool...

I'm really happy for you Dempsey & Patchou :banana:.

RE: MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine by Yousef on 09-09-2005 at 06:56 PM

Cool, they mention my website:http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7124/47wt.jpg (bottom-right). I'm going to buy a copy soon ;)

RE: MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine by Sypher on 09-09-2005 at 07:00 PM

They're kinda old.. MSN 7.0.. damn that's old :P

RE: MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine by Rodney on 09-09-2005 at 07:15 PM

So... Is anyone interested enough for me to translate these?

RE: MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine by Sypher on 09-09-2005 at 07:37 PM

It's a bit too much information...

It only tells you how to Install Plus, how to disable tabs, how to patch your MSN with Apatch and some info of SS3... Nothin' more prolly

RE: MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine by RebelSean on 09-09-2005 at 08:28 PM

Thats awesome news, especialy for Ahmad. Thats the first I've ever heard of his product making it into a Magazine. Congrats yall (y).

RE: MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine by Patchou on 09-09-2005 at 09:01 PM

That's great, thank you for sharing :D

RE: MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine by Max on 09-09-2005 at 09:36 PM

Great Publicity.

[Mess Patch = No Mention = Because It Sucks = :refuck:]

RE: MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine by Ahmad on 09-09-2005 at 10:15 PM

Great news :D Thanks for the support and thanks for scanning/translating it segosa! :)

RE: MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine by Lou on 09-09-2005 at 10:51 PM

awesome:O I want an english/french copy:d

RE: MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine by Dempsey on 09-09-2005 at 10:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
uh there isnt one.  Its a dutch magazine.
RE: MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine by linx05 on 09-09-2005 at 11:32 PM

I never knew there was a emoticon maker!?!?

Congrats guys!

RE: MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine by Sunshine on 09-09-2005 at 11:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
uh there isnt one.  Its a dutch magazine.
That's right, it's a dutch magazine wich you can only buy in The Netherlands and Belgium. There's no English version available.

RE: MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine by Yousef on 09-10-2005 at 10:33 AM

Is it in the "Computer Totaal" with the little computer dictionary in it? I couldn't check in the shop because it was sealed, would be pity to spend 5 euro's on the wrong magazine :p

RE: MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine by Sypher on 09-10-2005 at 10:35 AM

No it's in "Tips & Trucs" as you can see at the bottom of the pages ;)

RE: MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine by Millenium_edition on 09-10-2005 at 10:37 AM

it's not worth the translation :(

RE: MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine by Yousef on 09-10-2005 at 11:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
No it's in "Tips & Trucs" as you can see at the bottom of the pages
Ah alright, didn't know that was a magazine, I searched for the author and got to "Computer Totaal"
RE: MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine by Menthix on 09-10-2005 at 11:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Juzzi
I searched for the author and got to "Computer Totaal"
Yeah, Tips & Trucs has the same authors as Computer Totaal! (mostly). Tips & Trucs is always advertised in Computer Totaal! :p.
RE: MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine by Sunshine on 09-10-2005 at 11:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
Originally posted by Juzzi
I searched for the author and got to "Computer Totaal"
Yeah, Tips & Trucs has the same authors as Computer Totaal! (mostly). Tips & Trucs is always advertised in Computer Totaal! :p.
That's because they are both from HCC, i was a member for years.
RE: MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine by zach on 09-11-2005 at 09:06 AM

What does it say about how to disable tabs? I've never seen that before. I just ticked the option in 'Privacy' that removes the tabs.

RE: RE: MsgPlus, A-Patch & SS3 in Dutch PC Magazine by Rodney on 09-11-2005 at 09:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by zach
What does it say about how to disable tabs? I've never seen that before. I just ticked the option in 'Privacy' that removes the tabs.

They're using a little program to disable them... looks like a patch, but as you said there's an option to turn them off, bit stupid really.