Shoutbox

can not install - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: can not install (/showthread.php?tid=50313)

can not install by vespah on 09-10-2005 at 12:07 PM

I dl the messenger plus version 354.  I have MSN 7.5 & I can not install.
Error message: "MSGPlus-354.exe is not a valid WIn32 application.  Can someone help me?

RE: can not install by Luigi on 09-10-2005 at 12:14 PM

Try downloading again the file

RE: can not install by Mnjul on 09-10-2005 at 12:15 PM

You can try downloading Plus! from its mirrors. And try using "Save As" button and "Open" the file after it finishes downloading, instead of directly opening the file when you are prompted a download box. ;)

RE: can not install by vespah on 09-10-2005 at 12:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Luigi
Try downloading again the file
- does not work

RE: can not install by Tochjo on 09-10-2005 at 12:44 PM

The file you downloaded is still saved in a location called the 'cache'. If you choose to redownload it, it'll instead fetch the file from that cache because that is faster that redownloading it from the Internet again. Normally this would be fine, seeing as the file you want to download again is exactly the same one, from the same location. However, seeing as the file is corrupt it'll also give you the corrupt file from the cache again. To redownload it again from the Internet you should clear that cache. In Internet Explorer go to Tools > Internet options and click the button that says "Clear Files" (or similar wordings).

Additionally, using a mirror location should avoid this entire issue because it'll skip the cache (mirrors are located on another server).

RE: can not install by vespah on 09-10-2005 at 12:45 PM

It worked! Other mirror as told.. thanks a lot for all your reactions :-)