Shoutbox

MessengerPlus Dump.txt - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: MessengerPlus Dump.txt (/showthread.php?tid=50720)

MessengerPlus Dump.txt by rikesh on 09-20-2005 at 02:15 PM

hello,

i have msn messenger 7.5 and msgplus installed and it all works fine. however, this file:

MessengerPlus Dump.txt

has been placed in the root of C:/

i have set all logging options to OFF, and tried deleting the file. it replaces itself upon messenger startup. the problem with the file is that it keeps growing and growing - with no limit. when i saw it for the first time, it was 16MB!

how do i stop this file from being created? i know it is useful for solving problems, but thankfully, i dont have any!

thanks

RE: MessengerPlus Dump.txt by linx05 on 09-20-2005 at 02:20 PM

You're using the leaked beta of Plus!. That .txt file is used for debugging purposes.

The next version will be released on the 27th September.

RE: MessengerPlus Dump.txt by mwe99 on 09-20-2005 at 02:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rikesh
hello,

i have msn messenger 7.5 and msgplus installed and it all works fine. however, this file:

MessengerPlus Dump.txt

has been placed in the root of C:/

i have set all logging options to OFF, and tried deleting the file. it replaces itself upon messenger startup. the problem with the file is that it keeps growing and growing - with no limit. when i saw it for the first time, it was 16MB!

how do i stop this file from being created? i know it is useful for solving problems, but thankfully, i dont have any!

thanks

To stop it you could go back to the public version or just wait until 27th Sept.

RE: MessengerPlus Dump.txt by rikesh on 09-20-2005 at 03:41 PM

ohh rite..didnt know that

il just wait until 27th.

thanks for help!