Shoutbox

Feature request: File Transfer - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Feature request: File Transfer (/showthread.php?tid=50904)

Feature request: File Transfer by Exca on 09-25-2005 at 09:32 AM

I always quoted that the file transfer of msn sucks... since we can send multiple files, the filetransfer is shown in the textmessage itself, and goes up as we type messages,  so we can't view transfer anymore in no-time. We're now in v7.5 and it still didn't improve, actually it even got worse, if we want to view the progress and we scroll up, msn blasts our text back down immediately what makes it almost impossible to view the progress. I guess a feature that shows the progress in your chat-window between the display-pictures would be great... and not with external programs that work with msn, but integrated. I guess it should go perfectly when integrated in Plus! and would help many people out, as it annoyes everyone... (Not mentioned about the slow transfer rate, sometimes kB per kB without any firewall used, etc... )
It would be big, but it's definately worth it imo...

Exca.

RE: Feature request: File Transfer by Hank on 09-25-2005 at 10:06 AM

better off complaining to MS bout this , but doesnt that Plugin File transfer Plus work the way you woul like MSN Messenger File transfer to work?

RE: Feature request: File Transfer by M73A on 09-25-2005 at 10:09 AM

i think file transfer plus is a great idea.... but i just hate it... i don't know why.... just the fact both people need it...

can't plus just take the transfer and show it under the display picture of your contact or something.... so it will work if only 1 person has it...

RE: Feature request: File Transfer by aC23 on 09-25-2005 at 08:24 PM

I agree, it's actually very annoying to have the person download File Transfer Plus. With all due respect to its creator, it's not neary as popular as Plus!. There are more chances ppl would have Plus! than File Transfer Plus

RE: Feature request: File Transfer by shinobi on 09-25-2005 at 10:59 PM

Also, a file-resume thing would be good too. God knows how many times i've had a failed send on messenger.

RE: Feature request: File Transfer by RaceProUK on 09-26-2005 at 12:40 PM

I've been looking into ways to move the meter outside the convo panel, but have had no real success so far. As for the auto-retry, that's better done by MSN.

RE: Feature request: File Transfer by mwe99 on 09-26-2005 at 01:33 PM

I actually am for this idea, i hate it when i try to find out how my file is going and it scrolls down before i can see. maybe an extra window or something :S

RE: Feature request: File Transfer by Exca on 09-30-2005 at 06:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Animal
better off complaining to MS bout this , but doesnt that Plugin File transfer Plus work the way you woul like MSN Messenger File transfer to work?

No, as said, both people need it. I don't want any 'external' windows as I have already enough ;) only the percentages below the display picture would even be enough. But there is enough room for the maximum of three transfers/progressbars under the DP
RE: Feature request: File Transfer by Exca on 11-08-2005 at 05:59 PM

kick