Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) (/showthread.php?tid=50978)

Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by CookieRevised on 09-27-2005 at 05:17 AM

woohoo, my first Plus!-related program made for the public
with big thanks to fatfreechicken for letting me totally reprogram his tool

>>> Download Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer <<<

(H) Description

All the preferences of Messenger Plus! can be saved. But custom sounds aren't saved when you create a backup of the preferences and many people forget to create a soundpack. If they re-install Messenger Plus! after removing it completely, they suddenly see that all their custom sounds are gone.

This tool will scan the custom sound directory of the user, provided it isn't deleted also, and re-add the found custom sounds again to the sound library of Messenger Plus!.

When private sound libraries are detected the user will be able to select the desired library to add the custom sounds to (screenshot). If a custom sound already exists in the sound library the user can choose to overwrite the sound information or to skip it (screenshot).

:) Usage

Note: You do not need to close MSN Messenger, nor Messenger Plus!

1) Wizard step 1: select for which Messenger Plus! version you want to fix the sound library:
[Image: wizard_screen1.png]

2) Wizard step 2: scan the custom sound directory for sounds:
[Image: wizard_screen2.png]

3) Wizard step 3: mark the desired custom sounds to install:
[Image: wizard_screen3.png]

4) Wizard step 4: install the selected custom sounds:
[Image: wizard_screen4.png]

5) Done... If you now re-open your sound library in Messenger Plus! you'll see that all your missing sounds are added again.

:D Things to know

1) The tool can also run in "simulation mode". When simulation is activated, everything will work just the same but nothing will be physically written to your custom sound library. To get into simulation mode you need to start the program with the parameter "/sim". eg: msgpluslibfix.exe /sim

2) When the tool is started with the parameter "/log" a log file will be created named "c:\msgpluslibfix.log" which will contain the verification result of each processed file.

3) Custom sounds are scanned for errors. So it is quite possible that some (old) sounds will not pass the verification process. These bad sounds are also not valid for Messenger Plus!, hence they will not be added. To see the list of passed, skipped or failed files see the log file.

4) Parameters can be combined. eg: msgpluslibfix.exe /sim /log

5) The listview used in this tool is not unicode compatible, thus unicode characters will be shown as question marks "?". Nevertheless, internally the unicode is handled as it should and information is correctly written to the registry.

6) An easter-egg... but a very un-original one...

7) This program does not contain any malicious code, virus or spyware at all, despite what some virus scanners may say (like AVG). You can absolutely safely ignore any warning. Please report such false warnings to your virus scanner's company and include this tool in your reports so they can fix it.

8-| Dependencies and related errors

Since this tool is written in Visual Basic 6, it needs the VB6 run-time files to be installed on your system. If you've successfully run other VB6 applications (eg: Choli's MsgPlus Tweaker) you have them installed already. If not, you must download the latest ones from Microsoft and install them first: Visual Basic 6.0 Run-Time Redistribution Pack.

This tool also uses the COMCTL32.OCX common controls library. Again, if you have successfully run applications like Choli's MsgPlus Tweaker, you have it already installed. If not, you can download it from various sources on the net. For example from here.

Note: If you're using Windows Vista or above, you'll need to run the regsvr32 command, described in the above link, from an elevated Command Prompt. To open an elevated Command Prompt, click Start > All Programs > Accessories > right click Command Prompt, and then click "Run as administrator".

Note: If you're running a 64-bit OS, the sysem folder described in the above link is C:\Windows\SysWOW64\

For both the above dependencies, it is absolutely mandatory to follow the installment instructions correctly and to the letter!!! Read them carefully before and again after you've downloaded the files. This thread is not about solving problems while installing those required components. The instructions given on the download pages are very clear... But do take the above small print in account.

:( Error Reporting

If you do find an error, first make sure it isn't because of some missing component as described in the previous section.

When posting an error report please provide as much details as possible:
- what is the complete and full error message you got,
- what did you exactly do right before the error,
- what is the sound id of the custom sound which gave the error,
- what is the full and complete version number of MsgPlusLibFix you're using,
- what is your Windows version,
- if possible provide screenshots of the error or faulty behaviour.

(brb) History

- Added support for Messenger Plus! Live

- Added crude logging
- Tweaked scanning process a bit

- Reduced filesize a lot
- Changed some texts

- Added some graphics
- Added XP style manifest
- Added support for older common controls library
- Made scanning procedure waaaay faster
- Fixed mixed language usage on standard messagebox buttons in non-English Windows
- Improved other stuff

- First crude release

:-# To-Do's

Some stuff which will be added... some day... some time... in another galaxy...
- Removal of OCX dependencies
- Unicode support in listview (don't count on it though)

:o) Download (at last)

Right here, down below...
Previous file has been downloaded 16385 times.

---------------------------------------------------------------

For those who want to host this tool: Great, but please don't...... Also don't provide a direct download link.
Instead, you can provide a link to this post, much thanks:

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=50978

---------------------------------------------------------------

Admin edit: attachment removed (scumware.org reports MsgPlusLibFix.exe Virus identified Obfustat.EVT) False positive on a lot of anti-malware scanners: https://www.virustotal.com/file/5df9a24b389e13b0c10d8df79dc719de07ebf37952ba6d0d8518c33c6c837352/analysis/. The application is fine. If you get a warning when downloading this file, please report it as a false positive to the appropriate software vendor.
=> That report originates from AVG. See posts here and here. However, as explained in the replies to those posts, those are 100% false positives. The download does not contain any type of virus/malware/adware/etc in any way!!! The only thing it does is adding some settings in the registry entries of Messenger Plus! only, nothing else is touched or changed.
RE: Messenger Plus! Sounds Library Fixer by Yousef on 09-27-2005 at 05:31 AM

Great job! I might put it on my website when it's back online.

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer by Choli on 09-27-2005 at 10:11 PM

very nice work, cookie :banana:

it looks very professional :gfdrin:

quote:
Originally posted by Juzzi
Great job! I might put it on my website when it's back online.
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
For those who want to host this tool: Please don't...... Instead provide a link to this post instead:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=50978

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer by linx05 on 09-28-2005 at 01:04 PM

Wow great job! I've always wanted to see a program written by you (heard something about you and DOS?).

Nice going! This one is a keeper.

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer by Matti on 09-28-2005 at 01:23 PM

Cool program! Very very usefull!
Great work, Cookie! :D

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer by riahc4 on 09-28-2005 at 04:12 PM

Love the presentation Cookie (of your post). For now I dont need this but good to know it exists.

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer by joao267 on 09-28-2005 at 04:29 PM

Good job, usefull tool!

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer by jren207 on 10-04-2005 at 09:05 PM

Thats a great program, you've made it really clear and easy to use (y)

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer by Chestah on 10-08-2005 at 01:29 AM

very nice :)! Your description is great and concise, this will definitly come in handy for people having these problems.

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer by matty on 10-27-2005 at 01:55 AM

quote:

code:
Private Sub Form_Load()
    ListView1.Font.Charset = 178
    ListView1.FontName = "Arial"
End Sub

There is your unicode support for the listview :P
RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer by Val on 10-27-2005 at 02:37 AM

Great job Cookie you havent let us down, keep up the good work and maybe you should take a break you look tired from helping all these people.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer by CookieRevised on 10-27-2005 at 10:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
quote:
code:
Private Sub Form_Load()
    ListView1.Font.Charset = 178
    ListView1.Font.Name = "Arial"
End Sub
There is your unicode support for the listview :P
Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunatly that wouldn't work...

Character set 178 is the Arabic character set. This will not display for example Chinese, Russian, Turkish, etc...

You could let it display some specific DBCS characters for a specific language, but only if you set the proper characterset (like in your example), install and set the proper unicode font for that characterset and change your local region settings in Windows (and even then there are some other pitfalls).

So what this is truely used for (the .Charset) is to adapt a control to a specific localized windows, not to display unicode in general.

There isn't any "trick" you can do to make it unicode; Instristic controls in VB6 simply do not support true unicode, nothing you do will change that.
RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer by Choli on 10-27-2005 at 08:16 PM

quote:
There isn't any "trick" you can do to make it unicode; Instristic controls in VB6 simply do not support true unicode, nothing you do will change that.
I've used the richedit control 6.0 SP2 with the font set to "Arial Unicode MS" to display unicode in my translator. And I have to change (re-set) the font each time the text is changed or something like that, i think.

In fact, as Cookie says, unicode support is very limited in VB, however strings are stored in unicode internally... irony? :P
RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer by Exu on 06-27-2006 at 11:54 PM

Hmm... it said it installed but my sound list for WLM+ remains the same.
I think it's installing the sounds into my OLD soundpack...

In my Program Files there is a "Messenger Plus! 3" and "Messenger Plus!" Live.

All my old sounds are listed but yet they are not reappearing, can anyone help me out? I ran the tool as instructed.

EDIT: Okay, all my old sounds are in
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Messenger Plus!\Custom Sounds

...this presents me with something weird. I cannot locate my new ones that are connected to Plus! Live.
I think it is this "disconnection" that is redirecting my sounds back with the program, as yet I cannot locate the sounds from my Messenger Plus! Live.

Can anyone help?

EDIT2: Okay, I found that "Messengerplus3" was still installed, so I used Control Panel to remove it. Rather stupidly, I thought this would redirect the old sounds to the new Messengerpluslive.

What it actually did was remove all my old sounds too. Bugger.
Oh well, never mind. Still have no idea why the tool failed to function though...

Oddly, it removed my current sounds too.
So Msg+3 was able to take my Msg+Live sounds with it. Yet Msg+Live couldn't touch my Msg+3 sounds o.O.

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer by pollolibredegrasa on 06-28-2006 at 08:55 AM

The reason it failed to import your sounds into MsgPlus! Live is because this version was specifically wrtten for MsgPlus 3.xx.

MsgPlus! 3.xx stores its sound information in the registry under the key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\Nobody\CustSounds,

whereas MsgPlus! Live stores it under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\GlobalSettings\CustSounds

and so whenever you run the tool it will only write to the MsgPlus! 3.xx registry setting (hence why the sounds didn't show up in MsgPlus! Live)

If you had all the sounds in your library in 3.xx, then installed WLM + MsgPlus! Live, I'm not sure why your sounds weren't automatically imported though...

I hope you know what I mean, I'm not very good at explaining stuff :P

Maybe its time the tool was updated for MsgPlus! Live support Cookie? (a)

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer by Seamaiden on 07-18-2006 at 02:19 PM

Can someone make a version of this tool that will work on Messenger Plus! Live?

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by CookieRevised on 07-29-2006 at 07:37 PM

The Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer has been updated to be compatible with Messenger Plus! Live too.

Current version: 3.00.0021

See first post

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by Biko on 01-04-2007 at 12:13 PM

thnx

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by Screeny² on 01-12-2007 at 01:53 AM

At the end of the about screen you're referring to www.msgplus.net, which isn't available anymore.

You should fix that. ;)

And add a note for Windows Live Messenger, to let people know that Microsoft changed their trademark from MSN to Windows Live.

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by CookieRevised on 01-12-2007 at 04:02 AM

Nothing to fix...

www.msgplus.net still works, the trademark hasn't changed (WLM is a new trademark) and copyright/trademark info is valid for when a program was compiled (you don't need to change a program when trademarks change; that would mean every program ever created must be updated constantly).

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by Screeny² on 01-12-2007 at 10:44 AM

I'm sorry to correct you, but www.msgplus.net doesn't work anymore. At least here in Germany. (I've tried to access the site from different browsers, like Firefox 2.0.0.1, K-Meleon 1.02, Opera 9.10, IE7 but none of them are able to display the site)

And yeah, you're right Cookie. But well, it's not that hard  to simply mention "Windows Live Messenger" in following sentence "And last but not least, thanks to Patchou for making such a great add-on for MSN Messenger/[Windows Live Messenger should be mentioned here]."

Anyways, thanks for spent time into the developing of such an useful program. We all appreciate your work.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by markee on 01-12-2007 at 10:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Screeny²
I'm sorry to correct you, but www.msgplus.net doesn't work anymore. At least here in Germany. (I've tried to access the site from different browsers, like Firefox 2.0.0.1, K-Meleon 1.02, Opera 9.10, IE7 but none of them are able to display the site)

And yeah, you're right Cookie. But well, it's not that hard  to simply mention "Windows Live Messenger" in following sentence "And last but not least, thanks to Patchou for making such a great add-on for MSN Messenger/[Windows Live Messenger should be mentioned here]."

Anyways, thanks for spent time into the developing of such a useful program. We all appreciate your work.

This is because that site has not been accessable since the release of Messenger Plus! Live.  To view the site now you need to go to http://old.msgplus.net I hope this helps.
RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by MattyRid on 01-12-2007 at 10:51 AM

but shouldn't http://www.msgplus.net redirect to the new site anyway? well it did for me.

So in reality it doesn't need to be changed as it should go to the new site anyway.

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by Choli on 01-13-2007 at 01:49 PM

for me, www.msgplus.net redirects to www.msgpluslive.net and old.msgplus.net is the old site. So i don't see any problem with that.

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by KingB! on 08-10-2007 at 03:16 PM

I did everything ya told...
but i doesnt work for me :(
i got about 2000 sounds in my CUSTOM SOUNDS directory but the fixer cant find anything :/

Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by Bigsteve30 on 10-05-2007 at 11:45 AM

hello can any help i click the program and all i get is run time error '339' Windows common controls ActiveX control DLL (COMCTL32.ocx) how do i fix it Heeeeeeelp

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by pollolibredegrasa on 10-05-2007 at 11:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Bigsteve30
hello can any help i click the program and all i get is run time error '339' Windows common controls ActiveX control DLL (COMCTL32.ocx) how do i fix it Heeeeeeelp

quote:
This tool also uses the COMCTL32.OCX common controls library. Again, if you have successfully run applications like Choli's MsgPlus Tweaker, you have it already installed. If not, you can download it from various sources on the net. For example from here.

You need to download and install COMCTL32.ocx
RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by Bigsteve30 on 10-06-2007 at 10:12 AM

thanks for help i can backup my sounds now  i'm happy

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by DanKane316 on 12-08-2007 at 04:13 PM

This file wont open when i have AVG installed... i dunno whats wrong but AVG detects it as a threat... what should i do ? 8-)

[Image: screenhunter04ja9.png]

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by NanaFreak on 12-08-2007 at 04:15 PM

Ignore maybe? im sure anything that CookieRevised makes is fine ;o

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by markee on 12-08-2007 at 04:17 PM

You can just ignore it.  I can assure you that the file is safe.  Virus detectors will often say that things are "malicious" or a "threat" from MsgPlus (or associated sites) because of the optional ad-ware in the MsgPlus unstaller (and realistically it isn't that bad, Patchou has made sure it doesn't do any damage).  Just don't stress about it and use the ignore button and everything should be alright.

Thanks for reporting this to us though, we may get in contact with AVG and recommend they look into the reasoning behind this and try to fix it.

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by DanKane316 on 12-08-2007 at 05:11 PM

still dont open... when i click ignore. i even exit and shut down AVG and it still wont open :(

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by CookieRevised on 12-09-2007 at 04:48 AM

There is absolutely nothing in the file/source that even could be considered a threat!!!!!!

The only thing it does is accessing a registry setting which has absolutely no further value at all for Windows or any other program than Plus!. And that is also the only link to Plus! in the whole file; a registry setting....

It is absolutely flabbergasting rediculus that this is detected as a virus!

Thanks for reporting though....

------------------------

Make sure you have truely closed AVG (quite often such anti-virus programs do not completely close when you exit them, or they might still have a Windows Service running in the background). Then redownload the file and save it to your hard disk first.

Never run an application straight from the download dialog, that's asking for trouble (but that is another matter). And don't save downloads to your desktop either, that's very messy.

Clicking on ignore in anti-virus programs also quite often still put the file in quarity, meaning that you indeed can't start the file/program. Ignore in such cases does not mean "ignore this threat", but often means "do not attempt to remove the virus, but keep the file as-is and block it from being used".

However, AVG shouldn't do that, and when you click on ignore it should completely leave the file alone. To solve this issue you better contact support of AVG itself.

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by aNILEator on 12-09-2007 at 04:59 AM

Looks like AVG will be heading the same route as Norton with it's "uber dangerous registry calls" :(

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by CookieRevised on 12-09-2007 at 05:05 AM

[OFF TOPIC]

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
Looks like AVG will be heading the same route as Norton with it's "uber dangerous registry calls" :(
of course, the more you can protect scare your users, the better your product is....

[/OFF TOPIC]

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by MeEtc on 12-09-2007 at 04:31 PM

I'm trying to run the file, but getting an error. Yes, I've downloaded the redistributables and have and registered the ocx file.
The zip file extracts the exe fine, but the exe only has the default executable icon, and i get the attached error when running it

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by MeEtc on 12-09-2007 at 06:00 PM

Here's an update. After I restarted my PC and ran the checker again, AVG opened up and wants to clean the file. Obviously, i select ignore. Disabling AVG's resident shield allowed the file to run.

FYI, AVG detected the file as Obfustat.EVT

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by CookieRevised on 12-09-2007 at 06:38 PM

Yes, that is the same issue what DanKane316 posted before. There is nothing wrong or malicious in this tool at all. MS Word does far more "damaging" than this tool.

-------------

DanKane316, exit/disable AVG completely. Just exiting AVG doesn't close it completely. As MeEtc has said, disable AVG's Resident Shield  Service too....

(and that is, on a personal note, what I so dislike about the modern anti-whatever programs... they are quite often as hard, if not harder to get rid of than (some) spyware. Exiting an application should close it completely)....

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by louiselouise on 07-19-2008 at 11:32 PM

The Sound Library Fix doesn't work with Vista (though silly me should've noticed the first post was in 2005!).

My niece loved her library of sounds and was forever bugging me with them on MSN. When she tries to send me them now, they appear as weird numbers and letters. I've tried uninstalling her Messenger Plus! and putting new Sound Packs on, but it's still doing it.

Anyone have any ideas, please? (I'm on XP and my Sound Library still works fine).

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by Bigsteve30 on 07-20-2008 at 12:23 AM

if u need the COMCTL32.ocx try
http://www.nitropdf.com/kb/article.aspx?id=10031

open the MsgPlusLibFix the same place the comctl32.ocx file is and its works fine but i'm on Xp still because i hate Vista and nothing works right

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by louiselouise on 07-20-2008 at 01:26 AM

Thanks, Bigsteve30. I downloaded comctl32.ocx as suggested.

Unfortunately Vista won't let me touch either of the files now without "administrator permission" no matter what I do. ("Windows cannot access the specified path, device or file.")

That and AVG keeps firing virus warnings at me. :(

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by simulation11 on 04-29-2009 at 04:05 AM

Great work. Thanks a lot(Y);)

simulation rachat credit

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by Kafman on 02-18-2011 at 12:48 AM

Cookie, are you gonna make a version for Messenger Plus! 5?

Hence, someone on the spanish forums reported to have some problems with Messenger Plus! 5, so she installed Plus! 4.9 again but the library isn't reading her sounds (I suppose that the path that Plus!5 uses for the custom sound is different from Plus!4?) nope, it still uses the same

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by pollolibredegrasa on 02-18-2011 at 01:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kafman
Hence, someone on the spanish forums reported to have some problems with Messenger Plus! 5, so she installed Plus! 4.9 again but the library isn't reading her sounds (I suppose that the path that Plus!5 uses for the custom sound is different from Plus!4?) nope, it still uses the same

Updating to Plus! 5 moves the registry keys used by the sound library to a new subkey, hence custom sounds will not show up in the library if Plus! 4.9 is re-installed. However, as long as the .dat files are still present, running the tool again after reinstalling 4.9 should make them show up again in the library for versions 4.9 and lower.

An update would still need to be made to the program to make it compatible with Plus 5! though (which shouldn't be too difficult).
RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by CookieRevised on 02-18-2011 at 01:43 AM

Exactly what pollolibredegrasa said.... (y)

--

quote:
Originally posted by Kafman
Cookie, are you gonna make a version for Messenger Plus! 5?
Yes, it's already on my todo list.
So, an update will eventually be made though. But at the moment I don't have the time (and code - its on an old PC which I first need to fix).
RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by Kafman on 02-18-2011 at 04:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by pollolibredegrasa
However, as long as the .dat files are still present, running the tool again after reinstalling 4.9 should make them show up again in the library for versions 4.9 and lower.

Heh, then I wasn't too wrong with what I tough :P

Yeah, she still has the .dat files, I told her that probably re-running the tool again will show them up again. Will post her results later.

quote:
An update will eventually be made though. But at the moment I don't have the time (and code - its on an old PC which I first need to fix).

usuck :( jk =p

Edit: (cba bump the thread) She posted her results, and it worked re-running the tool, so it's ok :)
RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by MeEtc on 07-30-2012 at 09:39 PM

quote:
Admin edit: attachment removed (cumware.org reports MsgPlusLibFix.exe Virus identified Obfustat.EVT)
This post was edited on Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 at 04:57 PM by Menthix.

Damn you Menthix :dodgy:
RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by CookieRevised on 07-31-2012 at 05:22 AM

WTF.... that's definitely a false positive!
Why wasn't I informed about the removal :(

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by Spunky on 07-31-2012 at 07:56 AM

I don't agree with it being removed without notice, but it was probably listed as "yet another" virus hosted here on the forums making the site appear less trustworthy

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by CookieRevised on 07-31-2012 at 09:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
I don't agree with it being removed without notice, but it was probably listed as "yet another" virus hosted here on the forums making the site appear less trustworthy
This is the world upside down.

If that was the reason, then they should fix their detection systems and/or their notice.... it is not me/us who need to change something; it is their error, not mine/ours!!!!!!

Also, they (scumware.org) do not seem to provide a way to report false positives and on top of that they offer content, flagged as potentially dangerous,  themselfs according to their own 'help' section!!! And if they would actually test and check the files, like they claim they do, they would see that there is absolutely nothing wrong with MsgPlusLibFix.exe. So, they clearly don't do what they tell people they do....
Not what I call a trustworthy site... just another wannabe security site...

If everything should be removed which is flagged on some dodgy wannabe detection site than half the forum needs to be pruned....
RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by Spunky on 08-01-2012 at 05:44 PM

Hmmm, it appears the file is still there and accessible. Just the link was removed not the attachment. So it makes no odds anyway...

RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by MeEtc on 08-01-2012 at 07:58 PM

quote:
This post was edited Yesterday at 07:47 PM by CookieRevised.
I think Cookie just uploaded it again.
RE: Messenger Plus! Sound Library Fixer (3.00.0021) by CookieRevised on 08-02-2012 at 10:41 AM

aye