Shoutbox

Any WoW players? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Any WoW players? (/showthread.php?tid=51082)

Any WoW players? by Pr0xY on 09-28-2005 at 04:26 PM

Hey, Any World of Warcraft players here? I'm playing on the Gilnaes Relm.  Make a character and join me. :D

I'm a blacksmith, so if you want any armor or weapons, talk to me, mention MsgPlus!, and I'll do it for free... My character name is "Drosancolos".  :)

-Pr0xY

RE: Any WoW players? by Fraisie on 09-28-2005 at 04:29 PM

Lvl 49 Human Priestess on Moonrunner :D Alchemist and herbalist :)

RE: Any WoW players? by M73A on 09-28-2005 at 04:29 PM

im not a character but i wouldn't mind buying the game... it any good? what ya gotta do? :$

http://www.google.com

RE: Any WoW players? by Mike on 09-28-2005 at 06:34 PM

I wanna buy a prepaid card...
Too bad, Blizzard doesnt release 1 month prepaid card... :(

Anyway, I play ... lets say it ... on a "dodgy :dodgy:" server...
I have seen other people on internet cafes playing on "good" servers and it looks very better... More players... Very good latency...

Well, I hope I will get a prepaid card soon...

RE: Any WoW players? by Vilkku on 09-28-2005 at 06:43 PM

Please say where your server is located, as the US and EU Servers have the same names.

I play on the Bloodscalp server in EU, got a lvl 60 tauren shaman, also got some pre-40's on Bloodscalp and ohter servers (all EU's ofc).

EDIT: My sig! My avatar!

RE: Any WoW players? by Stigmata on 09-28-2005 at 06:54 PM

LLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYY NEIGH JJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSS

How much is the game?
Is it worth the buy?

RE: RE: Any WoW players? by Vilkku on 09-28-2005 at 06:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
LLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYY NEIGH JJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSS

How much is the game?
Is it worth the buy?

In euros it's like a normal game, just under 50€. There is also a monthly fee of about 15€, with different plan it can be as low as about 13€.
RE: Any WoW players? by Stigmata on 09-28-2005 at 07:02 PM

Monthly fee?

what?

i am beginning to dislike it...

RE: RE: Any WoW players? by Vilkku on 09-28-2005 at 07:10 PM

quote:
Monthly fee?

what?

i am beginning to dislike it...

Every single MMORPG with some quality has monthly fees. 4 million players worldwide can't be wrong :P
RE: Any WoW players? by brian on 09-28-2005 at 07:12 PM

I don't have WoW, I know Ash_ has it an is pretty addicted, but I have Guild Wars.

RE: RE: Any WoW players? by Vilkku on 09-28-2005 at 07:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by brian
I don't have WoW, I know Ash_ has it an is pretty addicted, but I have Guild Wars.

Oh yes, I forgot about Guild Wars. Guild Wars do not have a monthly fee, but in my opinion it's not fully a MMORPG either. This depends on the user I guess.
RE: Any WoW players? by Pr0xY on 09-28-2005 at 07:29 PM

It's on the US server...

quote:
LLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYY
ROFL... many times... many times... ;)

RE: Any WoW players? by emit on 09-28-2005 at 08:15 PM

I think Ragnarok Online is free too. And doesn't Patchou play WoW?

RE: Any WoW players? by Chestah on 09-28-2005 at 10:17 PM

Nah, last time i checked Time you get 40 hours free then they make you pay for it :(

I think patchou needs to check this out: www.purepwnage.com :P

RE: Any WoW players? by ~INVASION~ on 09-28-2005 at 10:35 PM

my friends always play this, i dont really like it but they think its the best thing ever, they all have level 60 players and whatnot, but they never shutup about the game :P

but a monthly fee to play, i think thats pretty lame (N)

RE: Any WoW players? by -dt- on 09-29-2005 at 12:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
but a monthly fee to play, i think thats pretty lame
* -dt- wonders how else the dev's are susposed to continuously  work on it , are they going to work for free?
RE: Any WoW players? by emit on 09-29-2005 at 10:15 AM

Chestah: find a free server =p

RE: Any WoW players? by Ash_ on 09-29-2005 at 11:39 AM

Level 42 Orc Warlock on the Gurubashi server. me and some friends just rerolled on Moonroth or something, its the new RP/PVP server. god damn RPers are fkn funny :P

RE: Any WoW players? by YottabyteWizard on 09-29-2005 at 09:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Time
I think Ragnarok Online is free too. And doesn't Patchou play WoW?
This is why i haven't been around Msgplus forums lately, because Ragnarok Online is damn good, unless you hunger for graphics... and i don't like WoW because the time you take to go from one place to another, but the good thing is LOT of quest in WoW. Anyway, ragnarok online also has a montly fee ($15 dlls per month, almost the same as WoW), but im playing in euphRO (Ragnarok Online private server). Stats: 3x/3x/2x.

Please suggest me a good private server for WoW, i still want to test the game ( I've played it around 15 mins only and didn't like it, but ppl tell me those 15 mins are always boring, i have to keep playing ) so... i want to test everything from that game. I've found a Russian server but can't make it work.
RE: Any WoW players? by Pr0xY on 09-30-2005 at 08:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by YottabyteWIzard
Please suggest me a good private server for WoW, i still want to test the game ( I've played it around 15 mins only and didn't like it, but ppl tell me those 15 mins are always boring, i have to keep playing ) so... i want to test everything from that game. I've found a Russian server but can't make it work.
Well my suggestion is Gilneas, cause I'm on there and I can help you out.  The game is really fun once you get past lvl 5, and you start travelign to other towns/regions.
RE: Any WoW players? by YottabyteWizard on 09-30-2005 at 06:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY
Well my suggestion is Gilneas, cause I'm on there and I can help you out.  The game is really fun once you get past lvl 5, and you start travelign to other towns/regions.
Is this a private server? I've been googling and can't find anything for download or the reamlist.wtf file. The 15 mins I've played were on a friend's account.
RE: Any WoW players? by Pr0xY on 09-30-2005 at 06:36 PM

Not that I know of.  It's on the US section though. I just logged on, and selected Gilneas from the list.  It's a great relm.. friendly people... One Dwarf gave me 20 Malachite stones, and 20 Light Leather for free... It rocked.  And the Guild I'm a part of, Impulse, has really friendly members too.  They're always willing to help you with any problems.  (Like getting stuck in the badlands when you're only lvl 13... -_- ... That wasn't fun)

RE: Any WoW players? by YottabyteWizard on 09-30-2005 at 07:01 PM

U_U What I don't wanted is to buy a prepaid card before i test the game, but oh well, i think I'll just have to buy one.... 30 bucks... :'(

RE: Any WoW players? by Mike on 09-30-2005 at 08:34 PM

quote:
The game is really fun once you get past lvl 5, and you start travelign to other towns/regions.
Actually, I think the game gets boring after level 7...
Yes, on lvl 7 you can go at the proffession teachers, which I haven't done that yet... :P
What do they do anyway?

But, it gets kinda boring, because you go to Goldshire, and then you receive many quests, and then you get bored, and don't want to do them... :-/
RE: Any WoW players? by brian on 09-30-2005 at 09:15 PM

Then your not born for FPS! =p

RE: Any WoW players? by Ash_ on 09-30-2005 at 09:48 PM

Mike professsions are skills that you can learn, for example Alchemy you can make potions with the right herbs. then for your second profession you go Herbalist, which allows you to find herbs and pick them.

my personal favourite is Enchanting, Enchant weapons with +stats. when you get high enchanting you can even get your sword/staff/weapon to glow :P

RE: Any WoW players? by Fraisie on 10-01-2005 at 04:17 AM

I'm a herbalist/alchemist. Losta money to make with these 2.

quote:
(Like getting stuck in the badlands when you're only lvl 13... -_- ... That wasn't fun)

Wow i bet it hurts... Badlands has the proper name. I hate how mobs are so close to one another. Aggro too much :(
RE: Any WoW players? by expert on 10-01-2005 at 04:24 AM

i dont play those games i play first person shooter's & simulations othr games are gay :gay: :dodgy:

RE: Any WoW players? by Fraisie on 11-23-2005 at 08:30 PM

Sorry to bring back an old thred... but i had to add something...

I'm 140k XP to 60 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (if that makes any sense :P)

Cant wait to start getting some epic gear... and oh i want a faster horsey too :D

RE: Any WoW players? by Pr0xY on 11-24-2005 at 04:52 AM

I just got my Gray Ram mount for my lvl 40 Rogue.  It's SO much faster than walking. I just rode around Desolace with it for about an hour last night, not doing anything but thinking... "wow this is so much faster!"

I play on the Gilnaes server, and if you have a char there, pst me. i'll run all your lower lvl char's through Deadmines and Blackfathom Deep for ya so you can get some cool drops.

Have any of the WoW players ever seen the "World of RogueCraft' video series?

RE: Any WoW players? by Fraisie on 02-02-2006 at 01:58 PM

Old threads ftw!!

So any updates, WoW players ?

I'm still playing Fraisie, the lvl 60 holy priest on Moonrunner :P
Molten Core is sooooo much fun

RE: Any WoW players? by Vilkku on 02-02-2006 at 03:08 PM

I might as well give you a little update:
Still playing, guild is doing great, got my Helmet of Ten Storms (Shaman Tier 2) last time we did Onyxia (second time overall). We are getting ready for Ragnaros in Molten Core, but we haven't given him any proper tries yet - we need more fire resistance.

RE: Any WoW players? by user27089 on 02-02-2006 at 03:09 PM

I could get some info off of my SUPER COOL ict technician at school if you want, he has 5 sorry, more than five. level 60 characters...

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
quote:
* user27089 wonders how else the dev's are susposed to continuously  work on it , are they going to work for free?

Developers still manage to create patches etc. for games that have been released 2 or 3 years back etc. that don't require a monthly fee, I'm sure they could do it for World of Warcraft.

Why don't they sell the game for £54.99 one off payment, I'm sure loads more people would buy the game considering it doesn't have the whole monthly payment thing.
RE: Any WoW players? by Ash_ on 02-03-2006 at 05:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor

Developers still manage to create patches etc. for games that have been released 2 or 3 years back etc. that don't require a monthly fee, I'm sure they could do it for World of Warcraft.

Why don't they sell the game for £54.99 one off payment, I'm sure loads more people would buy the game considering it doesn't have the whole monthly payment thing.

i play the game heaps and $20 a month is most definately worth it.
RE: Any WoW players? by dotNorma on 02-03-2006 at 05:56 AM

quote:
I could get some info off of my SUPER COOL ict technician at school if you want, he has 5 sorry, more than five. level 60 characters...

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
quote:
* dotNorma wonders how else the dev's are susposed to continuously  work on it , are they going to work for free?

A yearly or monthly patch is different from this though. This game is constantly being updated with new quests, weapons, armor, items, characters and everything else, so the game never ends. Besides, the servers have to be paid for too.
RE: Any WoW players? by YottabyteWizard on 02-03-2006 at 07:35 AM

I just bough it! :D I'm still a N00b. lvl 9 night elf, skining. I work and study so i can only play on weekends, and also a go out a lot, so, like 6 hours per month :(

RE: Any WoW players? by Lt.Col.DraGon on 02-04-2006 at 05:30 PM

Me... I'm a lvl 25 Human Paladin with herbalism and mining and playing in Burning Legion realm.

RE: Any WoW players? by Pr0xY on 02-06-2006 at 08:55 AM

Well my Dwarf Rogue hit lvl 60 2 weeks ago by accident in AV, so yeah... I wasn't really doing anything cool when it happened. 

I'm also have an uber twinked out 19 undead rogue, part of the Warsong Defenders guild.  All my characters are on Gilneas, with the exception of one lvl 16 troll priest on some pvp server.  I gave up on that, questing solo as a priest sucked, and I got tired of getting ganked by Alliance.

quote:
Originally posted by YottabyteWIzard
I'm still a N00b. lvl 9 night elf,
just fucking great, another damn night elf.  Typical. Everyone wants to be soem alliance hero. :p  nah just giving ya shit.  Make sure you try both factions though.

RE: Any WoW players? by kao on 02-07-2006 at 10:36 PM

60 druid on bloodfeather eu (teeffo, lame alliance), 60 priest on bladefist eu (teff, undead) and now doing a rogue on bladefist eu (tefa, undead) with a few other 20-50 chars (lock, mage, hunter i think)

quote:
and then how would they keep paying employees? there is a new patch once a month, and minor fixes/updates all the time, how would they afford to keep paying people to make the patches and udpates, while paying for the hundreds of us and eu servers (which aren't hosted by them) PLUS pay employees? think boy think.
RE: Any WoW players? by Dane on 02-11-2006 at 04:28 AM

I just started it and am learning, Just bought it today, it looks awesome, I can tell im going to get addicted and drain my money away on it.

RE: Any WoW players? by dennis on 02-14-2006 at 03:42 AM

i used to play it.... but it got way too expensive for me...

RE: Any WoW players? by Pr0xY on 02-16-2006 at 09:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dane
I just started it and am learning, Just bought it today, it looks awesome, I can tell im going to get addicted and drain my money away on it.
Noob!

quote:
Originally posted by beamy-kitty
MY boyfriend wants one of these"epic mounts" but its like 1000 gold or something..so while he is scrounging up gold from his other guild members and earning it ..how ever they do....im getting a lil more free time...yay!!
Tell him to get some rep with whatever race he is.  If he's honored, it should only be around 680g.

OR you could pvp your ass off like me and hit rank 11 and buy a PVP epic mount for 90g.

RE: Any WoW players? by dotNorma on 02-20-2006 at 01:56 AM

Level 16 priest on Dragonmaw.

This game is waayyyy too addicting.

RE: Any WoW players? by Adeptus on 02-20-2006 at 02:04 AM

I went through a WoW phase about a year ago, for a couple months shortly after it was released.  Assuming they don't delete characters of non-current accounts, I should still have a level 37 troll rogue on Kil'Jaden. 

Maybe some day I will resubscribe and play for a bit -- I have tendency to do that with MMORPGs.

RE: Any WoW players? by kao on 02-20-2006 at 11:36 AM

newbs you should play on bladefist eu ;p

RE: Any WoW players? by [MR] on 03-16-2006 at 03:57 PM

tylerg wants to know if anyone else is in the drangonmaw server.  Same for me too.  tyler's name on WoW is tylerg and mine is ruffner.

RE: Any WoW players? by Pr0xY on 03-17-2006 at 07:39 AM

My UI

[Image: attachment.php?pid=619667]

RE: Any WoW players? by Discrate on 03-17-2006 at 07:48 AM

I got a few vidoes about  WoW

This guy is [Image: wanker.gif]
to WOW. [ You cant fully see him]

here

and here is a vidoe from WOW doing a korn song

here

enjoy!

RE: RE: Any WoW players? by Vilkku on 03-17-2006 at 07:59 AM

quote:
My UI

[Image: attachment.php?pid=619667]

Did you kill Arlokk? :P

btw, we got Ragnaros earlier.
RE: Any WoW players? by [MR] on 03-17-2006 at 03:52 PM

i changed my name on WoW since my 10 day pass expired.  now my name on WoW is miguel and im still in drangonmaw.  I am a Druid.

RE: Any WoW players? by [MR] on 03-19-2006 at 05:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by beamy-kitty
Beamy Kitty=WOW widow
what server?
RE: Any WoW players? by Chrono on 03-19-2006 at 05:17 AM

Ragnarok Online > WoW :P
http://rapidshare.de/files/10886464/12-01-2006_Chrono-Kida.avi.html :D (crappy video editing skillz :P)

Anyway, i dont play WoW, but i am/was planning to buy it :p.

RE: Any WoW players? by Fraisie on 03-19-2006 at 05:42 AM

Roll alliance on Moonrunner and /t Fraisie hi :P

RE: Any WoW players? by John Anderton on 03-19-2006 at 05:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fraisie
Roll alliance on Moonrunner and /t Fraisie hi :P
I cant believe my eyes. I thought i just read that Frasie plays WoW too :P

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
Ragnarok Online > WoW :P
(Y)
And Ragnarok is free too ... it is in India atleast. The Cd costs us thats it. We can get it from a friend :refuck:

Tho mine tries to patch and says "Downloading a large patch. See site for alternate details"
It does absolutely nothing and the site has no info about it. I cant understand what to do :dodgy:
RE: Any WoW players? by Ash_ on 03-19-2006 at 06:05 AM

[Image: wowscrnshot0319061630094mb.jpg]

my UI ^^, 3/8 cenarion and 1/8 stormrage, damn repair bills are huge now = (.

RE: Any WoW players? by Negro_Joe on 03-19-2006 at 10:58 AM

OMG

:lol: i cant believe that...

RE: Any WoW players? by user27089 on 03-19-2006 at 11:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe
OMG

:lol:

* user27089 still thinks WoW is lame :p.
RE: RE: Any WoW players? by [MR] on 03-19-2006 at 03:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe
OMG

:rofl: :rofl:

I knew this would happen to one of those geeks who cant get a girl friend.
RE: Any WoW players? by TylerG on 04-03-2006 at 08:34 PM

my server is down at the moment....bored so decided to post. Level 42 human mage, dragonmaw...

RE: Any WoW players? by stoshrocket on 04-03-2006 at 08:45 PM

i dont do WoW solely because of the monthly fees, i just dont go on my computer that much to make full use of it, its a rip in my opinion, although i heard it kicks ass tho... i was gonna go for it after i played Guild Wars which hasnt got any monthly fees :D but after looking into it, id only really pay monthly fees for EVE: online, now that game is awesome!

RE: Any WoW players? by Fraisie on 04-03-2006 at 09:46 PM

WOOT WE KILLED RAGNAROS!

RE: Any WoW players? by Pr0xY on 04-04-2006 at 10:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fraisie
WOOT WE KILLED RAGNAROS!
pfhhh... noob. I two-man Ragnaros with Chuck Norris, and I'm only there to record the fight with Fraps.

RE: Any WoW players? by SonicT15 on 04-04-2006 at 10:34 PM

Lmao speaking of Warcraft... a couple of says ago i saw a distrubing video of a lil kid jacking off to a woman character on the game :lol:

SonicT:banana:

RE: Any WoW players? by Fraisie on 04-05-2006 at 04:38 AM

I saw that too. That was scary :/

RE: Any WoW players? by Pr0xY on 04-05-2006 at 06:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicT15
Lmao speaking of Warcraft... a couple of says ago i saw a distrubing video of a lil kid jacking off to a woman character on the game :lol:

SonicT:banana:
Someone linked that video in this thread, scroll up. (it might be on a difference page.)

RE: Any WoW players? by brian on 04-06-2006 at 09:11 PM

I might pick up WoW in a few days, but.. blah.

RE: Any WoW players? by dotNorma on 05-20-2006 at 05:12 AM

Level 60 Human Priest on Dragonmaw.

Full devout.

Yahhhhhh.

RE: Any WoW players? by andrewdodd13 on 05-20-2006 at 10:13 AM

Hehe, I used to own that game so hard (till I got banned - long story):
60 Hunter - 6 / 8 Giantstalker, Dragonstalker Leggings - Had 2 / 4 heads for Rhok'Delar
60 Druid - 4 / 8 Cenarion
43 Lock - Crappy stuff - he was on his way to 60 :(

And some other chars that are too low level to mention... how come this thread's just been made active? 0_o

RE: Any WoW players? by Pr0xY on 05-22-2006 at 07:25 PM

I haven't been online in over a month now. my gaming laptop had alittle accident. To sum it up, it got soaked in orange juice... very long story.... very tradgic... makes me cry...

I need my fix

RE: Any WoW players? by Mentality on 05-22-2006 at 10:14 PM

I would never pay for a game and then pay for it over and over again to keep being able to play it, it's daylight robbery.

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Every single MMORPG with some quality has monthly fees. 4 million players worldwide can't be wrong

4 Million players world wide must be stupid. (no offence)

RE: Any WoW players? by [MR] on 06-20-2006 at 07:10 AM

I got my own account a few weeks ago and im a lvl 37 druid.  Dragonmaw is server.  :D

quote:
Originally posted by TylerG
Level 42 human mage, dragonmaw...

He is now 60 with 7/8 Magisters
RE: Any WoW players? by Narutodragon on 06-23-2006 at 11:09 PM

Lvl 35 Human Priest

RE: Any WoW players? by mwe99 on 06-23-2006 at 11:39 PM

i play tooooo :P my character is erm

Acantho

Something like a lvl 14 undead warlock

RE: Any WoW players? by Pr0xY on 07-26-2006 at 07:18 PM

Hey everyone, since the PTR's for WoW are still open, you should all copy your main 60 to them so we can all pvp together. Or just make a premade and pvp on horde with me.

RE: Any WoW players? by mwe99 on 07-26-2006 at 08:50 PM

Anyone one on the Ravenholdt realm?

RE: Any WoW players? by YottabyteWizard on 07-26-2006 at 09:35 PM

I'm just back at WoW after sometime of playing Ragnarok :P

Server : Gnomeregan (or something like that)
Char: Griswold
Lvl atm: 21
Paladin, Enchanter, Miner.

Ragnarok Online FTW! (just because it's free, but there are no quests :'( )

RE: Any WoW players? by welshboy222 on 07-26-2006 at 09:48 PM

I don't play it online (because you have 2 pay lol) but it sounds good I hope I play it someday!

RE: Any WoW players? by vaccination on 07-26-2006 at 09:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by welshboy222
I don't play it online (because you have 2 pay lol) but it sounds good I hope I play it someday!

don't you just mean you don't play it? :S there is only an online version :P
RE: Any WoW players? by Conor on 07-28-2006 at 12:20 PM

madmanconor

US Arthas

Gnome Warlock

The game is so worth the money and its coming down in price now... 35 CDN :)

RE: Any WoW players? by Pr0xY on 08-09-2006 at 06:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Conor
The game is so worth the money and its coming down in price now... 35 CDN
=O they're lowering the monthly cost? Where did you read that??

RE: Any WoW players? by Pr0xY on 11-14-2006 at 08:44 PM

Fraisie, How's your guild doing in Naxx? We're working on the Deathknight wing right now.