Shoutbox

problem with tabbed conversation - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: problem with tabbed conversation (/showthread.php?tid=51173)

problem with tabbed conversation by Dragunov on 09-30-2005 at 10:01 AM

here we go

When they are all bundled, I find it wonderful to work with, very nice setup and such, but when person X writes something and I answer back, leave the tab on person X and I don't look for a while to it, and person Y types something, sometimes it doesn't change automatically to person Y in my taskbar, can u solve this or give an explanation

Thanks and greetz

Dragunov

RE: problem with tabbed conversation by Chestah on 09-30-2005 at 10:23 AM

Msgplus has a number of variables used before switching to conversations. Patchou obviously knows the most about these as such, i do know though that after a number of seconds it will switch conversations in certain conditions. This was choosen during beta testing for a number of reasons.

RE: problem with tabbed conversation by Sunshine on 09-30-2005 at 10:49 AM

From Changelog:
When a grouped chat contains unread messages, Messenger Plus! automatically switches chat windows after some delay if the group is not currently active. This delay can be changed with the "GroupAutoSwitchDelay" registry setting.

You change this manually:

HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\your@email.com\Preferences    GroupAutoSwitchDelay    dword    15000

This delay, in milliseconds, is the timeout used by the tabbed chat feature before a chat window with unread messages is brought to front.

Or with MsgPlus! Tweak ;)
(MsgPlus! Tweak is a program wich can change those advanced settings for you, without you having to go into the windows registry yourself)

RE: problem with tabbed conversation by Dragunov on 09-30-2005 at 07:00 PM

yes, cause if somebody types something and it is on another person, it doesn't change always to the person who typed something

So I need to check this manually

Greetz

Dragunov