Shoutbox

closing convos - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: closing convos (/showthread.php?tid=51578)

closing convos by mo1171 on 10-09-2005 at 04:46 PM

hi guys,

just wanted to ask, how can i access the feature that allows you to see when one of your contacts closes your convo box?

thanks!

RE: closing convos by Mnjul on 10-09-2005 at 04:53 PM

Messenger Plus! does not natively have this feature. However, you can use Stuffplug, a plug-in for Messenger Plus!, and enable its "Show a message when contact closes conversation" option.

It's not 100% accurate though. ;)

RE: closing convos by mo1171 on 10-09-2005 at 05:01 PM

excellent, thanks

RE: closing convos by RaceProUK on 10-10-2005 at 01:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
Though it's fairly easy to figure out anyway - if the 'closed convo' message appears after 60 seconds of inactivity, the server's closed the convo, not the contact.
RE: closing convos by Mnjul on 10-10-2005 at 03:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
Though it's fairly easy to figure out anyway - if the 'closed convo' message appears after 60 seconds of inactivity, the server's closed the convo, not the contact.
True, but after my friends discover this, they always close my conversation window like 59 or 61 seconds after last message...and I always have to /viewlog to see if it's server-close or human-close :P

Anyway, it's still useful enough to detect those "send-message-and-immidately-close-conversation-window" actions from your buddies ;)
RE: closing convos by RaceProUK on 10-12-2005 at 12:47 PM

Hang on... if Plus! can tell the difference, why can't StuffPlug anymore?

RE: closing convos by Mnjul on 10-12-2005 at 01:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Hang on... if Plus! can tell the difference, why can't StuffPlug anymore?
How do you know if Plus! can tell the difference? :S Do you mean in the Chat Logs?
RE: closing convos by RaceProUK on 10-13-2005 at 11:26 AM

You mentioned something about /viewlog. I may have misinterpreted it though.

RE: closing convos by Blair on 10-13-2005 at 11:54 AM

I think what was ment is that he opened the log file to view the time stamp and thus determine if a period of 60 seconds had elapsed. :) If it was exactly 60 seconds: server... otherwise contact closed the window

RE: closing convos by Mnjul on 10-13-2005 at 03:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Blair
I think what was ment is that he opened the log file to view the time stamp and thus determine if a period of 60 seconds had elapsed. :) If it was exactly 60 seconds: server... otherwise contact closed the window
That's exactly what I meant... I'll try to express myself better next time, raceprouk :P