Shoutbox

Sponsor Videos Updated - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Sponsor Videos Updated (/showthread.php?tid=51898)

Sponsor Videos Updated by absorbation on 10-17-2005 at 04:22 PM

I have had a few requests to update these video's so i did. Now with the new sponsor installation, in flash and WMV.

Just though i would post it maybe upload the videos to the http://shoutbox.menthix.net/images/ section (a)

Removing the Sponsor:

View Flash Version
Video Version

Installing Without the Sponsor:

Flash Version
Video Version

RE: Sponsor Videos Updated by Patchou on 10-17-2005 at 04:47 PM

Thank you for that :).

RE: Sponsor Videos Updated by Ezra on 10-17-2005 at 05:52 PM

What's up with that loud music??

1. It's VERY loud.
2. Not everybody like that kind of music
3. There's no way to turn it off.

For the rest, I think you're moving your mouse a little to fast. Not everybody will be abled to follow it all.

RE: Sponsor Videos Updated by absorbation on 10-17-2005 at 05:55 PM

It's the plus theme music :P i could of soworn there is a volume control?

http://files.msgplus.net/data/PlusN6.mp3

RE: Sponsor Videos Updated by user27089 on 10-17-2005 at 06:13 PM

I really like them, I may put the links to the page where they are on http://www.mpsupport.net/!

RE: Sponsor Videos Updated by Anubis on 10-17-2005 at 07:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
i could of soworn there is a volume control?
Doesn't matter, imo, it shouldn't be there. If people are watching it to try and uninstall the sponsor program they won't want to do something (they may find confusing and new) with tons of music blasting in their ears. Even if you can turn it off, it's just annoying and not suited to its target material.
RE: Sponsor Videos Updated by albert on 10-17-2005 at 08:20 PM

Nice job! Well done! Really clear!

RE: Sponsor Videos Updated by Stigmata on 10-17-2005 at 08:27 PM

Great work :)

RE: Sponsor Videos Updated by mwe99 on 10-17-2005 at 09:23 PM

I think you should definitely get rid of the music.

OR

a voice over, making it clear? I'm sure someone would offer to be a voice over.

RE: Sponsor Videos Updated by prashker on 10-17-2005 at 09:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
a voice over, making it clear? I'm sure someone would offer to be a voice over.

I like being part in stuff. If you do this I volunteer:D

(cuz everyone loves how I talk :P)
RE: Sponsor Videos Updated by mwe99 on 10-17-2005 at 09:44 PM

well if absorbation selects you, (maybe there should be a poll)

also i think subtitles should be available,

maybe translators work on translation subtitles for other languages too?

RE: Sponsor Videos Updated by Patchou on 10-18-2005 at 04:51 PM

I think I have to agree fir the music part... the people who will need that kind of video will probably prefer have nothing or a voice over :).

RE: Sponsor Videos Updated by user27089 on 10-18-2005 at 04:55 PM

Why don't you do a voice over Patchou, it would look pretty cool saying "Official Voice Over by Patchou Himself!" on it.

:p.

RE: Sponsor Videos Updated by absorbation on 10-18-2005 at 05:42 PM

I can still edit it you know so i can remove the music rather quickly, anyone want to do a voice over? :) I will also slow the clip speed down :)

RE: Sponsor Videos Updated by user27089 on 10-18-2005 at 05:54 PM

I will do a voice over for you if you want me to, you will have to write me a script though, I can't improvise it.

RE: Sponsor Videos Updated by Negro_Joe on 10-18-2005 at 05:57 PM

lol...i would watch that :P

RE: Sponsor Videos Updated by prashker on 10-18-2005 at 07:18 PM

I have give the voice overs to Absorbation that i did. he said that they are good and he will update the videos later tonight because he is doing courses now.

RE: Sponsor Videos Updated by CookieRevised on 10-18-2005 at 08:34 PM

Note that for foreign people, voice overs are worse to understand than english text!

Also, you can freeze a frame to re-read something, but rewinding the video constantly to try and hear what is being said is very annoying.

IMHO, do not use voice overs at all. Just simply nothing... why? Because sound will also increase the video sizes. Also, the text could be translated if needed and it is a *beep* to start making voice overs for each language.

Of course both can be done, text and voice over. But as said, this will only increase file size and a voice over isn't that usefull and certainly not when there is already text.

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
I can still edit it you know so i can remove the music rather quickly, anyone want to do a voice over? :) I will also slow the clip speed down :)
You don't need to slow the whole clip down at all.

IMO, even the mouse movents shouldn't be slower  (well maybe a very little bit). Slowing the whole clip down will probably be more unnatural and annoying to follow than it will fix anything.

The problem is not the fast moving mouse at all. The problem is that you cut/pasted clips together and thus your mouse jumps from one place to the other. This is what is hard to follow, not the mouse movents themself (if they are there)... In other words, slowing your movie down isn't going to help anything for that. It will only result in people skipping thru the video to make it faster and not so long and thus missing important parts.

Note 1: If you cut/paste from one sequence to the other make sure your mouse stays at the same spot, so it looks as if the mouse (and thus "time itself") never has been cut down.

Note 2: To make something like this look professional, you even shouldn't move your mouse at all unless it is absolutely neccesairly. eg: don't move your mouse while waiting for dialogs to appear, don't move it when Plus! is installing, etc... Only move it when you need to click a button or show/emphasize something. This will also help when you are actually making (copy/pasting) the video as described in note 1.

Note 3: the actual uninstalling sponsor procedure can be done better though. You don't give people any time to read what was on those dialogs (which is very important: "close all explorer windows", etc) and thus why or even where they need to click it. The mouse is also moving from left to right, up and down when the sponsor is uninstalling. This is very distracting (see note 2).

my 3,141592 cents...

;)

Other than that... good video's, best seen so far...