Shoutbox

Custom sounds upon recieving a message - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Custom sounds upon recieving a message (/showthread.php?tid=52163)

Custom sounds upon recieving a message by mikeofthejungle on 10-24-2005 at 12:41 PM

I've got a feeling this is a FAQ but I've done a little search and couldn't find a relevant thread:

Is it possible to set different sounds from when I recieve an instant message from various people?

For example I often leave msn running, but after a few minutes my status gets set to away and the screensaver comes on. When someone starts talking to me I have to wiggle the mouse to lose the screensaver and see who it is, but then my status gets set back to online and I can't ignore them if I don't want to talk to them. If I set a certain sound for when people I sometimes don't want to talk to starts messaging me I know who it is without losing my status

Cheers

RE: Custom sounds upon recieving a message by Sunshine on 10-24-2005 at 01:24 PM

It's not possible to set the message sound per contact. Only thing you can alter is the sign-in sign-out sounds (plus > preferences > notifications).

Edit: you're welcome :)

RE: Custom sounds upon recieving a message by mikeofthejungle on 10-24-2005 at 01:36 PM

OK, thanks for the reply