Shoutbox

URL as a display name - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: URL as a display name (/showthread.php?tid=52381)

URL as a display name by whiteshadow on 10-29-2005 at 08:49 AM

Hi

I just wanted to know if there was any way to have a clickable link to a website as a display name in MSN Messenger, such as the two examples below.

Google
www.google.com

Thanks

RE: URL as a display name by DJKAL on 10-29-2005 at 09:06 AM

yes... it is possible to do, i take it you mesenger plus installed?
then install the plugin STUFFPLUG-NG when this is done right back and il give you more information on how to allow it :)

RE: URL as a display name by rix on 10-29-2005 at 09:28 AM

Well, I thought that if you install Stuffplug, then only you can click on them. It doesn't make URLs clickable to your contacts, they need Stuffplug as well.

....or am I wrong?

RE: URL as a display name by DJKAL on 10-29-2005 at 09:30 AM

oh. i think you might be right. sorry!
i didnt think it wouldnt work to your contacts.

RE: URL as a display name by Sunshine on 10-29-2005 at 09:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rix
Well, I thought that if you install Stuffplug, then only you can click on them. It doesn't make URLs clickable to your contacts, they need Stuffplug as well.

....or am I wrong?
Indeed Rix, that is true...it's for client side only.

Anyways with MsgPlus you can already click links in names (from the contact list). If someone has a link in their name or psm, rightclick > messenger extra's and choose "open internetlink" (this option will appear if there is a full link). So if your contacts have Plus! they can already click the link you set..without additional plugins ;)

quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
yes... it is possible to do, i take it you mesenger plus installed?
then install the plugin STUFFPLUG-NG when this is done right back and il give you more information on how to allow it :)
DJKAL: if you post, please provide correct and full instructions (in your first post)..this is a forum, not a chatchan where you can say do this then i'll tell you the next instruction...do not turn helpthreads in to chat threads!
RE: URL as a display name by whiteshadow on 10-29-2005 at 09:53 AM

The reason I was asking is because one of my contact's uses the Mac version of MSN Messenger and one of his contact's display names is a clickable link.  I'm sure he doesn't have MSGPlus either.

RE: URL as a display name by Sunshine on 10-29-2005 at 10:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by whiteshadow
The reason I was asking is because one of my contact's uses the Mac version of MSN Messenger and one of his contact's display names is a clickable link.  I'm sure he doesn't have MSGPlus either.
You mean there's an url he wishes was clickable?

Asfar as i know there's isn't anything for MSNM only, and Plus! does not work on Mac..so plugins are out of the question too.

I guess the best thing your friend can do is type over the url or message that contact so the url will display in the conversationwindow for easier copying and pasting.