Shoutbox

Article about MsgPlus! and A-Patch in Dutch magazine - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Article about MsgPlus! and A-Patch in Dutch magazine (/showthread.php?tid=53765)

Article about MsgPlus! and A-Patch in Dutch magazine by Menthix on 12-09-2005 at 05:08 PM

I got the january 2006 edition of Computer!Totaal today and it had a nice 3 pages long article about Messenger Plus! and A-Patch. Article is in Dutch. segosa may translate it to English later (or not?).

Read the full Dutch article here. (PDF, you need a PDF reader to view it, like Adobe Reader)

The article is basicly about "tweaking" MSN and they talk about various Plus! and A-Patch features. Looks like they really put some time in it to actually use Plus! before they wrote anything, unlike some other articles i've seen :). Only thing is that they mention the sponsor as spyware in the begin of the article :(. Later they call it adware and tell you how to bypass it in setup, they even mention the proper sponsor uninstall topic from this forum, in case you accedently installed the sponsor :).

RE: Article about MsgPlus! and A-Patch in Dutch magazine by user27089 on 12-09-2005 at 05:15 PM

That is really cool, I love reading about Messenger Plus! in magazines... Especially English ones.

I know it isn't English btw.

RE: Article about MsgPlus! and A-Patch in Dutch magazine by CookieRevised on 12-09-2005 at 05:19 PM

I just read the full article. It is indeed one of the best and most comprehensive articles I've seen in a magazine like that. It was clearly written by someone who knows what he/she is talking about, and not by some noobish reporter (no pun intended) who was forced to write something about something he/she never uses... This is an excellent advertising for Plus! (and not to forget A-Patch)...

(Y)(Y) for C!T

RE: Article about MsgPlus! and A-Patch in Dutch magazine by Ahmad on 12-12-2005 at 01:49 AM

Very cool. But what happened to page 30? lol

They actually e-mailed me asking for permission to distribute A-Patch for free on their covermount cd/dvd. I naturally gave them permission, but I was totally unaware that they were gonna write a whole page on it! :D

Now to find someone to translate.... babelfish! :p

RE: Article about MsgPlus! and A-Patch in Dutch magazine by ipab on 12-12-2005 at 02:12 AM

and to think I was one of the early beta testers (if not the first :P :)). Glad to see that it has progressed this far. Kudos to you Ahmad.

RE: Article about MsgPlus! and A-Patch in Dutch magazine by Menthix on 12-24-2005 at 12:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ahmad
what happened to page 30? lol
Page 30 was a random ad.