Shoutbox

Phoenix 3 under development! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Phoenix 3 under development! (/showthread.php?tid=53869)

Phoenix 3 under development! by RaceProUK on 12-13-2005 at 02:24 PM

It's about time I got back to work, and Phoenix 3 is now in development! I intend to include all the features from Phoenix 2, along with what was initially going to be in ListPic i.e. Contact List Background Manager.
I'm recoding from the base up in VC2005 instead of VC6, and so far it compiles smaller :D It also allows me to use PNG resources, so images won't take up as much as before.

If anyone has any more suggestions for features, please don't hesitate to post ;)

BTW: I'm going to add a per-status configuration for toasts, a time delay on DP hiding, and ESC to close the contact list. So if you were going to suggest them, then I've already noted it down ;)

Note: MSN Messenger 6.2 will no longer be supported, unless you guys can convince me otherwise. There's enough difference between 6.2 and 7.x to mean I have to write more code to deal with them.

Note 2: Don't ask about WLM support - I won't answer those questions.

RE: Phoenix 3 under development! by J-Thread on 12-13-2005 at 02:47 PM

I haven't got any feature suggestions, but more a question.

I know you are a good programmer, so I was wondering how you are going to do the setup? Have you already thought about that? Installing .NET plugin's isn't far from easy... At least that are my experiences with it. So if you manage to create a plugin that does work on all machine's that have Msg + the .NET framework... And also multiple plugins in the same time... I would really like to know how!!

Btw, I'm still a happy 6.2 user so personally I would like it if Phoenix also supports it...

RE: Phoenix 3 under development! by ipab on 12-13-2005 at 03:14 PM

If you have trouble with the installers, you know who to ask ;). Glad to see you active again.

RE: Phoenix 3 under development! by absorbation on 12-13-2005 at 04:03 PM

1.) skin the insatller
2.) get a new icon the current one is pixleated
At a logo you can use in the options page
4.) At a website for it (not just rxp software)
5.) Try and add logging of personal messages/ nicknames again :)
6.) Get a big promotion e.g with mess.be

All in all the plugin is professional and i cannot think of many features but i would like to see those changes made :)

RE: Phoenix 3 under development! by Nathan on 12-13-2005 at 05:31 PM

I'm not sure if this is already a feature but how about bieng able to record webcam?

RE: Phoenix 3 under development! by Millenium_edition on 12-13-2005 at 05:34 PM

add 6.2 support. it would be a shame for non-7 users (n)

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
1.) skin the insatller
will increase the size :(
quote:
why?
RE: Phoenix 3 under development! by absorbation on 12-13-2005 at 07:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
will increase the size

not at all the installer already has images from the nsis system they just need skinning.
RE: Phoenix 3 under development! by Supersonicdarky on 12-13-2005 at 08:48 PM

i can make the icon, just give me the bg :)

(as absorbation said)

RE: Phoenix 3 under development! by RaceProUK on 12-13-2005 at 11:53 PM

quote:
1.) skin the insatller
2.) get a new icon the current one is pixleated
At a logo you can use in the options page
5.) Try and add logging of personal messages/ nicknames again :)
6.) Get a big promotion e.g with mess.be

All in all the plugin is professional and i cannot think of many features but i would like to see those changes made :)
Where's 3? :P
1. Can do, but gotta see what ipab can do.
2. Is that due to you enlarging it, or some other reason?
4. RPSoftware.net is good enough I think. It has a Phoenix subsection, which should have enough info. If not, let me know and I'll correct it ;)
5. The nickname logging is already there. As for PSMs, I've not really looked into them yet.
6. I'll try ;) Be good publicity too :D
RE: Phoenix 3 under development! by linx05 on 12-14-2005 at 02:21 AM

I've just gotten into this plugin, I really like it. Would you consider adding a block notifier? When I block people, I still would like to know when they sign on and sign off.

RE: Phoenix 3 under development! by RaceProUK on 12-14-2005 at 01:41 PM

Don't Messenger and Plus! already do these events? If not, then I'll add it ;)

RE: Phoenix 3 under development! by L. Coyote on 12-14-2005 at 02:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
It doesn't display toasts, but it does log and play notification sounds, if they're set.

So yeah, you could make Phoenix display toasts for blocked contacts. :tongue:
RE: Phoenix 3 under development! by absorbation on 12-14-2005 at 04:21 PM

quote:
Can do, but gotta see what ipab can do.

get him to send you the script so you can compile if you need to emergency update. The icon is "a bit full" maybe a simpler logo would resize better ;)
RE: Phoenix 3 under development! by linx05 on 12-16-2005 at 10:49 AM

quote:
That would be a god send! Don't know where Plus! has it. Looked in the Personalised Notifications. Doesn't have anything about blocking. I suppose it is just when contact comes online and offline? And blocking is included in that I guess.

I would love it if Phoenix 3 could have this little addition added! :D

Also, when I put MSNM into boss mode, Phoenix still pops up with its toasts. Could you possibly allow Phoenix to respect the boss mode please?
RE: Phoenix 3 under development! by user27089 on 12-16-2005 at 10:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
I've just gotten into this plugin, I really like it. Would you consider adding a block notifier? When I block people, I still would like to know when they sign on and sign off.

I really like the idea of this feature actually, I hate that we can't see them sign in/out aswell.
RE: Phoenix 3 under development! by RaceProUK on 12-17-2005 at 12:01 PM

quote:
Also, when I put MSNM into boss mode, Phoenix still pops up with its toasts. Could you possibly allow Phoenix to respect the boss mode please?
Will do ;)
RE: Phoenix 3 under development! by RaceProUK on 12-21-2005 at 04:37 PM

Apologies for the double post, but a quick update:

quote:
Implemented ;)
RE: Phoenix 3 under development! by linx05 on 12-22-2005 at 05:12 AM

:D Thank you. Looking forward to the release. I am sure a lot of people will be happy with that addition (Y).

RE: Phoenix 3 under development! by Chestah on 12-22-2005 at 05:23 AM

time to get some hype happening raceprouk ;)

RE: Phoenix 3 under development! by The_Joker on 02-04-2006 at 12:45 PM

Dunno if this was asked b4, I don't think it was, so:
Can u add a "flood protection" to the changed status toasts?
I mean if someone is online and open a full screen program then MSNM change his status to busy, and lately I've got few people whose status changed busy,online,busy,online,busy in a second, it's very annoying.
Can u check if the person didn't changed his status more than twice in a second and then disable the current toast so it won't open too many at once?

RE: Phoenix 3 under development! by RaceProUK on 02-07-2006 at 11:06 AM

I can certainly look into flood protection, as I find that situation annoying too. Though at this time, I'm not sure what form this would take.

RE: Phoenix 3 under development! by chance on 03-17-2006 at 08:50 PM

don't forget to make the toast display the same as msn. oh and perhaps when people change their name it could popup too. i don't like using msn plus for notifications as you gotta right click everyones name and set the notify on "any status" manually. make it so you can choose what status you want to show in the p3 options, tick/untick box... just a thought.