Shoutbox

Invisible Lists Plugin v1.0 alpha - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Invisible Lists Plugin v1.0 alpha (/showthread.php?tid=53885)

Invisible Lists Plugin v1.0 alpha by n0n4m3 on 12-13-2005 at 11:18 PM

Hi,

I developed a C# plugin called Invisible Lists. It allows you to create different groups of contacts (different from the ones you have in your contact's list) and to block/unblock them. It can be useful when you're at work for example.

This is an alpha version which means that it may have some bugs :P
To install just run the exe file in the attachment. The plugin has an help section accessible through the Plus!>Preferences>Plugins>InvisibleLists>Configure... (that's also where you configure your groups and other options).

Since this is a C# plugin, if you have another C# plugin installed in plus then you'll only be able to see one of the plugins in Plus! plugins' section.

Any comment/suggestion/bug, just post here or write me an email.

Update: Sorry, the plugin had some annoying debug messages (all removed). Thanks to J-Thread for letting me know.

Enjoy,
Ricardo Sabino.

RE: Invisible Lists Plugin v1.0 alpha by RaceProUK on 12-13-2005 at 11:47 PM

So, when are you going to make it compatible with other C# plugins?

RE: Invisible Lists Plugin v1.0 alpha by TazDevil on 12-14-2005 at 12:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
well AFAIK it is a Plus! issue the way it loads C# plugins andthe way it unloads them, because now as is, they are resident until the process is exited
RE: RE: Invisible Lists Plugin v1.0 alpha by n0n4m3 on 12-14-2005 at 12:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TazDevil
quote:
well AFAIK it is a Plus! issue the way it loads C# plugins andthe way it unloads them, because now as is, they are resident until the process is exited

Well, if i could have made it compatible with other c# plugins, i would have done it but, unfortunately, i (and TazDevil and J-Thread) tried to find a way to do this but to no avail :\ (there's also the problem that TazDevil mentioned about unloading c# plugins)
RE: Invisible Lists Plugin v1.0 alpha by RaceProUK on 12-14-2005 at 01:40 PM

Makes me glad I'm sticking with native C++ after a fruitless endeavour with J#.

RE: RE: Invisible Lists Plugin v1.0 alpha by J-Thread on 12-14-2005 at 09:35 PM

quote:
Makes me glad I'm sticking with native C++ after a fruitless endeavour with J#.

Very smart ;-)

Don't click Configure when you've entered some groups... It makes you click Ok a lot!! :D
RE: RE: RE: Invisible Lists Plugin v1.0 alpha by n0n4m3 on 12-14-2005 at 09:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by J-Thread
Don't click Configure when you've entered some groups... It makes you click Ok a lot!! :D

Fixed!
Thanks ;)
RE: Invisible Lists Plugin v1.0 alpha by CookieRevised on 12-14-2005 at 11:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by n0n4m3
Hi,

I developed a C# plugin called Invisible Lists. It allows you to create different groups of contacts (different from the ones you have in your contact's list) and to block/unblock them.
(Y)... great! Very original idea, not to mention a very basic simple but usefull idea.

I wonder why Patchou (or anybody else) never came up with that to implement in Plus!.

quote:
Originally posted by n0n4m3
Since this is a C# plugin, if you have another C# plugin installed in plus then you'll only be able to see one of the plugins in Plus! plugins' section.
That's the only downside for this plugin IMPO. Personally I don't like .NET plugins, not only for this "can only have one" thingie, but also because they require a huge runtime library to be installed.

If it could be coded in C++, this would be top.
RE: RE: Invisible Lists Plugin v1.0 alpha by n0n4m3 on 12-14-2005 at 11:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
If it could be coded in C++, this would be top.

Although .Net has some disadvantages as you mentioned, it also has the advantage of providing a huge library (framework) that you can use to develop your plugins/programs faster (not to mention the fact that we don't have to worry about any memory leaks :P)..

I might reconsider changing it to c++.. I'll think about it ;)
I also had another (great!.. or not :)) idea for another plugin. This one will probably be coded in c++ but I'm still studying it.