Shoutbox

block display picture of specified users - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: block display picture of specified users (/showthread.php?tid=53911)

block display picture of specified users by stadi on 12-14-2005 at 09:33 PM

Hi!

Is there an option (if no, then this is a feature request::) )that i can block(or maybe change to something else) the display picture of some of my contacts? This would be very useful, becouse I have a contact that has a picture I don't want to see.

Oh, and it would be also useful to block animated smileys for specified users (the ones that don't come with messenger) So that simply smileys would be still visible, but not the ones that he added. They can be annoying sometimes.

thanks

RE: block display picture of specified users by MeEtc on 12-14-2005 at 09:38 PM

The emoticons can be blocked. See the MSN options
As for the images, the easiest thing to do would just to be to click the arrow beside the DP to simply hide it
[Image: attachment.php?pid=577660]

RE: block display picture of specified users by stadi on 12-14-2005 at 09:47 PM

well hiding it does not solve it, i would see them if he logs in. it could be a feature like custom names.

and with custom emoticons, i don't want to block all of them just for specified users.

i don't know if theese can be done but it would be great.

RE: block display picture of specified users by kasa on 07-02-2008 at 09:39 PM

would be cool
cant anyone code something like this

RE: block display picture of specified users by Basilis on 07-02-2008 at 10:07 PM

I agree it would be a good option! :)

RE: block display picture of specified users by kasa on 07-04-2008 at 10:01 AM

some pictures simply disgusting of some users
it would be really cool such a feature

RE: block display picture of specified users by CookieRevised on 07-05-2008 at 01:27 AM

I would suggest to suggest it directly to the Windows Live Team also. Reason being that you're not the first one to request this from what I've seen (and I personally would like to see a "enable custom emoticons per contact" setting too). Such requests pop up regulary and are already very old (since custom emoticons exist)....

For this you can use the feedback form which you'll find when you click in the main menu of Windows Live Messenger: Help > Send feedback

The more people do this, the more chance you'll get it will be implemented.

RE: block display picture of specified users by kasa on 07-05-2008 at 06:12 PM

I did that thanks but is it impossible to code in messenger plus

RE: block display picture of specified users by CookieRevised on 07-05-2008 at 07:52 PM

I dunno if it is impossible or not, but I don't think something like that will be added anytime soon.

(both for Messenger Plus! and Windows Live Messenger)

RE: block display picture of specified users by kasa on 07-07-2008 at 08:31 PM

why not

RE: block display picture of specified users by CookieRevised on 07-08-2008 at 12:56 AM

Because it isn't so easy to do (for Plus!) and not many people want it (blocking a display picture per contact). There are things with more priority I guess.

RE: block display picture of specified users by kasa on 07-15-2008 at 09:35 PM

well if you can steal pictures maybe you can change them too
also a great feature

RE: block display picture of specified users by Spunky on 07-16-2008 at 03:13 PM

Hiding all dps could be done with a skin quite easily

RE: block display picture of specified users by kasa on 07-17-2008 at 08:33 AM

I dont want to hide I dont want to download or have the picture itself also I want to see some of the display pictures and some of them I dont want to see

RE: block display picture of specified users by vaccination on 07-17-2008 at 09:09 AM

I imagine that'd have to be coded directly into messenger, otherwise the image is always going to be downloaded to your computer in some way or another(AFAIK), if Plus! could do something about it, I imagine it'd mostly be just a form of hiding them.

Than again I could be completely wrong ;o