Shoutbox

Screenshot Sender Live - Some development news. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Screenshot Sender Live - Some development news. (/showthread.php?tid=54075)

Screenshot Sender Live - Some development news. by matty on 12-19-2005 at 09:44 PM

Ok everyone sorry for there not being any news on this plugin since we have last posted. But we would like everyone to be aware that with the new Plus! Beta being recently sento beta testers I have had a chance to start fresh on Screenshot Sender Live.

Since it is being coded from scratch and is a lot different then the old plugin infastructure it will take a bit more. Please do not ask when it will be released or what I am refering to when I said the plugin infastructure is different you will see for sure when Plus! is publically released.

Thanks everyone and keep an eye out on the development.

Hey everyone,

As you have seen from previous posts, Dempsey and I are working on a new version of Screenshot Sender. We do not have an ETA as of yet but it will be sent to beta testers to test. Please do not reply asking to test or even PM asking as they will be ignored. We will get to that when the time comes.

For now we need your input as what you would like to see in the next version.

What what we are currently working on is the following:
(Bold features are completed)
   --> Ability to send a screenshot while in a convo with multiple users (Opens a secondary window asking which contact to send it to)
   --> Registering Hotkeys to preform features of Screenshot Sender (Send/Save Active Window etc)
   --> All original features that were included into Screenshot Sender will be available

I know this isn't a large list but it is still in development. So please let us know if there is something you wish to see.

RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by ~INVASION~ on 12-19-2005 at 09:50 PM

when someone presses the print screen button it would be sweet if like a box poped up asking us if we would like to send it to a contact. :)

RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by matty on 12-19-2005 at 09:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
when someone presses the print screen button it would be sweet if like a box poped up asking us if we would like to send it to a contact. :)
With registering HotKeys you can register like CTRL+F10 and have it send a fullscreen screenshot to a contact. I don't think we would interupt the normal usage of the PrintScreen key.

Note: HotKeys are customizable so it doesn't have to be CTRL+F10 it can be anything you wish. Windows Key will not be supported
RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by TazDevil on 12-19-2005 at 11:05 PM

I would like an option to minimize conversation when i use /xssselect
untill i select the area and then restore the window to initial position because using the timer as Depsey explained to me doesnt work very well for me ;)

RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by Dempsey on 12-19-2005 at 11:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TazDevil
I would like an option to minimize conversation when i use /xssselect
untill i select the area and then restore the window to initial position because using the timer as Depsey explained to me doesnt work very well for me ;)

Yea we could add an option to automaticlly minimise and then restore the chat window.
RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by L. Coyote on 12-20-2005 at 12:02 AM

Where can we see the complete list of features of previous SS so we don't suggest something that's already there?

RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by -dt- on 12-20-2005 at 08:14 AM

more than 1 monitor support.
* -dt- thinks hes posted that idea in every ss idea thread...

RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by Dempsey on 12-20-2005 at 09:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
Where can we see the complete list of features of previous SS so we don't suggest something that's already there?
Yea there never really has been one, but there will be this time, as part of the recode includes making the new website with FAQs etc.  Theres a small list in the Official Screenshot Sender thread.

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
more than 1 monitor support.
* -dt- thinks hes posted that idea in every ss idea thread...
Yea there's partial multiple monitor support atm, but we'll deff try and imporve on that.

RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by segosa on 12-20-2005 at 10:17 PM

Try clean up the code and not let it get so messy. :p

RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by Dempsey on 12-20-2005 at 10:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by segosa
Try clean up the code and not let it get so messy. :p
yea we're doing that, almost starting afresh, recoding bits.
RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by dotNorma on 12-21-2005 at 03:51 AM

I always meant to code this, but never got around to it...

You could make a paramater or something to allow it to upload the screenshot to a ftp server specified in the options.

And make sure a /select type command is working, thats all I really use.

RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by matty on 12-21-2005 at 04:50 AM

I am bored and have had a lot of rum and coke (but still not drunk, god dammit I need to find a new favorite drink).

Anyways here is what the new options panel will look like.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=580572]

RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by Hank on 12-21-2005 at 04:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
have had a lot of rum and coke (but still not drunk, god dammi
your not having it strong enough maybe matty? :)
RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by ~INVASION~ on 12-21-2005 at 05:48 AM

looks great (Y)

RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by dotNorma on 12-21-2005 at 06:12 AM

Oh, and support for File Transfer Plus would be nice :grin:

RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by matty on 12-21-2005 at 06:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by .Norma
Oh, and support for File Transfer Plus would be nice :grin:
Thats why there is the option to use a different command instead of /dropfile
RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by CookieRevised on 12-21-2005 at 11:29 AM

Functions which are often available in stand alone screenshot programs:
- to turn on/off: Include the cursor in the screenshot (very easy to implement)
- to turn on/off: Take multiple captures
- additional hotkey option to choose from: Right mouse click instead of keyboard hotkey to actually take a sshot.
- Some possible capturing options:
      Area (shows a rectangle to capture, when hotkey (or right mouse) is clicked captures it),
      Client Area (=current window without the borders),
      Full Screen (=only current moni),
      Full Desktop (=all moni's/whole desktop)
      Window (=highlights the window your mouse is over and if hotkey (or right mouse button) is clicked captures it)
      Object (=highlights the object your mouse is over and if hotkey (or right mouse button) is clicked captures it)
- A standarized, clean GUI (the current one is very ugly IMHO), but Matty is working on that I see (y)

Note: I didn't looked at the current feature list, so it is well possible that these are already included though. Sorry if so... none are available it seems from a quick look...

RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by ~INVASION~ on 12-21-2005 at 11:43 AM

one problem i often get with the current version is htat the icons in the menu disapear and its just a blank space. Clearing that up would make it much neater

RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by Dempsey on 12-21-2005 at 12:09 PM

Cheers for all the suggestions Cookie (Y)   Def include some of those, I like the idea of having full screen and full desktop and selecting a window, nearly added that once before.

And yea Matty is in charge in GUI now, mine was kinda ugly:P

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
one problem i often get with the current version is htat the icons in the menu disapear and its just a blank space. Clearing that up would make it much neater
Clearing that up as in removing them or trying to stop them disappearing?
RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by TazDevil on 12-21-2005 at 12:17 PM

hmm from the screen shot it is getting better and better
good job

RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by inodez on 12-21-2005 at 08:44 PM

Could you please check 2 byte environment?

I found it was not fully compatible with asian characters in general setting - filename, and directory path.

Windows Version: Windows 2000, 5.00.2195
Messenger Client Version: 6.2.0137
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.610.00145
Screenshot Sender Version: 3.0.555

RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by matty on 12-21-2005 at 09:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by inodez

I found it was not fully compatible with asian characters in general setting - filename, and directory path.

Do you mean unicode character support in boxes where you can type?
RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by noroom on 12-25-2005 at 10:12 PM

What about an option to automatically select the smallest of the two filetypes: JPG or PNG.

But please, please pay close attention to the basic features first... sreenshot sender 3 was cool, but it kept crashing :(

RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by Voldemort on 12-25-2005 at 10:51 PM

to be able to send screenshots of dual monitors (extended desktop)

RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by prashker on 12-25-2005 at 11:13 PM

You can select a part of the screen...but its only a square/rectangle...maybe you could include a Free-Form screen seletion

RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by Dempsey on 12-26-2005 at 11:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by noroom
What about an option to automatically select the smallest of the two filetypes: JPG or PNG.
Yea could do that, although obviously with JPG the quality is different, unless the user sets a quality setting eg 80 and then the smallest is chosen.
quote:
But please, please pay close attention to the basic features first... sreenshot sender 3 was cool, but it kept crashing :(
Yea I think SS3's unstability comes from the fact that the code is still based upon the original SS1, but it is now being recoded almost from scratch.
quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
to be able to send screenshots of dual monitors (extended desktop)
Already being worked on.  :)
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
You can select a part of the screen...but its only a square/rectangle...maybe you could include a Free-Form screen seletion
Could do yea, but then what would be in the remander of the image?  A set colour or transparency or something?  As images themselves have to be a rectangle.
RE: RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by inodez on 12-26-2005 at 10:52 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by inodez

Do you mean unicode character support in boxes where you can type?

I mean, paths including 2-byte characters worked incorrectly.
RE: RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by prashker on 12-26-2005 at 11:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
Could do yea, but then what would be in the remander of the image?  A set colour or transparency or something?  As images themselves have to be a rectangle.

You could put in the options what the user would like to select...maybe color or transparency.

Another Idea

Maybe in the options you could have the option to remove tabs. Maybe I dont want to SAVE my screenshot but always send them. Many times I take a screenshopt and accidentaly save it instead of sending it.

Not That Good But Just An Idea 8-)

edit: (From New Idea) I mean in the conversation window when U click Plus>Plugins>SSS3 then select something...the idea would be to remove selections from there
RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by whYeNQue on 12-28-2005 at 11:58 PM

when i used to do screenshot sending, it wouldnt show yz's dock, i dont know why can anyone else confirm this, it might just be my system. also... making a gif, i havent seen that in the suggestions here, so basically if you choose for taking a gif shot of webcam, then you can make a moving image... or is that something not possible?

hmm... what else, oh yeh when i do active window i cant press the tool bar items like file, tools, help etc... i've only tried it in a conversation window i wanted to take a screeny of the options... anyway, keep up the good work :D

RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by Eljay on 12-29-2005 at 08:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by whYeNQue
when i used to do screenshot sending, it wouldnt show yz's dock, i dont know why can anyone else confirm this, it might just be my system.

it isnt just your system, and it isnt just y'z dock, its just no partially transparent things show up in it
RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by Dempsey on 12-29-2005 at 10:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
quote:
Originally posted by whYeNQue
when i used to do screenshot sending, it wouldnt show yz's dock, i dont know why can anyone else confirm this, it might just be my system.

it isnt just your system, and it isnt just y'z dock, its just no partially transparent things show up in it
yea we've been working on a way to include transparent items in screenshots with no luck so far :(
RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by noroom on 12-29-2005 at 10:41 PM

I'm a big fan of this plugin, so I'm gonna follow the development really closely. I thought I'd post another suggestion.

Could you make it so that the commands ("/xss....") don't show in the screenshots? I have to explain what they are and why I wrote that every time I send a screenshot :S

*edit* Btw, SS3 doesn't seem to save my screenshots in the specified folder... But since you're coding it from scratch, I guess that will be fixed. :)

RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by matty on 12-29-2005 at 11:33 PM

quote:
Could you make it so that the commands ("/xss....") don't show in the screenshots? I have to explain what they are and why I wrote that every time I send a screenshot :S
I am pretty sure we can manage this, might be a bit more work but is worth it.
quote:
*edit* Btw, SS3 doesn't seem to save my screenshots in the specified folder... But since you're coding it from scratch, I guess that will be fixed. :)
Ya I think that directory should be customizable so I will add it into the preferences.
RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by noroom on 01-04-2006 at 04:19 PM

I noticed that when I use /xssfull with a time delay (in SS3), the chatwindow is disabled and I can't maximize/minimize the window. Kinda pointless to have a delay if I can't change it. For example, I wanted to send a screenshot of my desktop, and the window wouldn't let me minimize it.

After a while I found that WinKey+D was a workaround, but it still bugged me a little. Could you get around disabling the window? It also stops me from sending a screenshot of the Activities and Games menus.

Oh, but remember that if you don't disable the window, the user could close it before the timer runs out, and you'll have to find a way to deal with that :P

[edit]It happens with /xssactive too[/edit]

RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by matty on 01-05-2006 at 02:19 AM

quote:
I noticed that when I use /xssfull with a time delay (in SS3), the chatwindow is disabled and I can't maximize/minimize the window. Kinda pointless to have a delay if I can't change it. For example, I wanted to send a screenshot of my desktop, and the window wouldn't let me minimize it.

After a while I found that WinKey+D was a workaround, but it still bugged me a little. Could you get around disabling the window? It also stops me from sending a screenshot of the Activities and Games menus.

Oh, but remember that if you don't disable the window, the user could close it before the timer runs out, and you'll have to find a way to deal with that :P

[edit]It happens with /xssactive too[/edit]
As you know with VB Coding if you use Form1.Show vbModal it locks the window behind it. Well unless you use the ShowWindow API to show the window it it locks the rest. This will be fixed in the new version as most things are done using the Windows API.
RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by auhsor on 01-06-2006 at 05:35 PM

Ok, I replied to this last night, but it seems my post got lost somewhere.

What I said was that drawing tools would be the most useful thing that could be added to this plugin. I often take SS's of something I'm working on and send them to friends, and it would be really great if I could actually point things out to them on the screenshot itself.

This has been requested in the past, but I was surprised that I couldn't find it in here, (unless I'm blind of course).

RE: RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by matty on 01-06-2006 at 05:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by auhsor
Ok, I replied to this last night, but it seems my post got lost somewhere.

What I said was that drawing tools would be the most useful thing that could be added to this plugin. I often take SS's of something I'm working on and send them to friends, and it would be really great if I could actually point things out to them on the screenshot itself.

This has been requested in the past, but I was surprised that I couldn't find it in here, (unless I'm blind of course).

[Image: attachment.php?pid=587622]

You mean something like this?
RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by absorbation on 01-06-2006 at 05:54 PM

Yes, a great idea and the ablity to crop images as well would be nice :)

RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by matty on 01-06-2006 at 10:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
Yes, a great idea and the ablity to crop images as well would be nice :)
We can consider adding the ability to crop. We had a feature where you could select an area of the image and it made the rest a specific greyscale but the code was very slow and we couldn't speed it up any.
RE: RE: RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by auhsor on 01-07-2006 at 02:36 PM

quote:

Looks good to me :D.
RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by matty on 01-10-2006 at 07:54 AM

As of tonight I started coding FTP Uploading so you can save your screenshots both Locally on your computer and as well to a specified webserver supporting FTP.

RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by kazua on 01-23-2006 at 10:53 PM

while using SS3.0.561, i see several unexpected features. i'm not sure if it's already been mentioned, but anyways, under the countdown tab, everytime i open the config dialog, the countdown preview will show a blank space, with the font reset to 2pts.. hmm also i might wanna suggest, perhaps tooltips might help a lil? :P lol

RE: RE: RE: RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by Supersonicdarky on 01-23-2006 at 11:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by auhsor
quote:

Looks good to me :D.

could you also add a blur tool? sometimes you need to hide information without completely meesing up the look with ugly rectangles :P
RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by Lou on 01-24-2006 at 01:40 AM

With all the features requested, this will certainly be great.

May I suggest in the drawing tools, to enlarge the screenshot, or remove some size, or also, to delete certain areas [sometimes you take a part of the screen by error.]

RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by ShawnZ on 01-24-2006 at 02:10 AM

quote:
I am pretty sure we can manage this, might be a bit more work but is worth it.

If you're thinking to find the position of the textbox and clip the text out or something complicated like that... couldn't you just clear the textbox before you take the screenshot?
quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
yea we've been working on a way to include transparent items in screenshots with no luck so far
Tried pulling the shot from hardware?
RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by matty on 02-04-2006 at 04:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ

If you're thinking to find the position of the textbox and clip the text out or something complicated like that... couldn't you just clear the textbox before you take the screenshot?
Or just have another window open in the background set sResult="" and we should be fine.

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ

Tried pulling the shot from hardware?
I have tried using DirectX, OpenGL (couldn't find anyway possible), and I think I tried with GDI+ and cant seem to get it to work.

As of tonight I am adding a recent screenshots dialog that will let you send the the last screenshots to the convo you are in. You will be able to select from 1 of the last 8 screenshots not anymore then this because it will kill loading time of the image.

Here is a preview:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=598837]
RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by CookieRevised on 02-05-2006 at 01:31 AM

quote:
not anymore then this because it will kill loading time of the image.
sug: save them as thumbs in a (temporary) cache (directory).

(and if you really want it to be updated with the stuff edited with an external program, after the screenshot was taken and saved as a file (the only reason why it ever should be reread, otherwise it would always be the same pic anyways), you could take in account the creation file date/time stamp or something like that or a very quick hash or something, and if different then show the thumbnail and reload the image in background and when done update the thumbnail)
RE: Screenshot Sender - Next Version, we need your input! by matty on 03-21-2006 at 09:57 PM

Ok everyone sorry for there not being any news on this plugin since we have last posted. But we would like everyone to be aware that with the new Plus! Beta being recently sento beta testers I have had a chance to start fresh on Screenshot Sender Live.

Since it is being coded from scratch and is a lot different then the old plugin infastructure it will take a bit more. Please do not ask when it will be released or what I am refering to when I said the plugin infastructure is different you will see for sure when Plus! is publically released.

Thanks everyone and keep an eye out on the development.

RE: Screenshot Sender Live - Some development news. by matty on 03-29-2006 at 03:44 PM

With Patchou removing the NDA from the beta and you have learned about the Scripting that has been added the newest version of Screenshot Sender Live will be created (the previous version we were working on is stopping in development - sorry for those who do not have Windows XP+). We have started programming already and are waiting on an interface so we can continue on with development :).

RE: Screenshot Sender Live - Some development news. by riahc4 on 03-30-2006 at 07:31 PM

quote:
(the previous version we were working on is stopping in development - sorry for those who do not have Windows XP+)
quote:
Does that mean that you have to have Windows XP, Windows 2003 or Windows Vista to use your plugin?

And (Im sorry but I had to have Plus! back) im currently using Plus! Live but I do not see any plugin section. So you wont problably be able to keep devolping as maybe the plugin system will come integrated in a later version

RE: Screenshot Sender Live - Some development news. by matty on 03-31-2006 at 03:56 AM

If there is a high damand for the previous version (as I still have the source) we can finish it up afterwards for those who choose not to use Windows Live Messenger.

RE: Screenshot Sender Live - Some development news. by Alexcess on 07-19-2006 at 08:20 PM

HI! Any new information available? I hope you can finish it soon! :bow:

RE: Screenshot Sender Live - Some development news. by Yil2201 on 07-25-2006 at 08:43 PM

Yeah me too :) Will be an awesome script ! Give us some news please ;) See ya !