Shoutbox

Messenger Plus Casuing Disconnects/lag - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus Casuing Disconnects/lag (/showthread.php?tid=55433)

Messenger Plus Casuing Disconnects/lag by Adamaxus on 02-01-2006 at 03:06 AM

Alright My proglem is my Messenger Plus is disconnecting my wireless internet connection upon start up of MSN Messenger. MSN seems to lag, sputter, then give me a whole bunch of "XXX is online now" windows fallowed by disconnecting of my internet and msn (briefly). I turned off the popup alerts but the problem prosists

RE: Messenger Plus Casuing Disconnects/lag by haydos on 02-01-2006 at 05:21 AM

Have you tried uninstalling Messenger Plus! and seeing if the problem still persists?

RE: Messenger Plus Casuing Disconnects/lag by Adamaxus on 02-01-2006 at 05:26 AM

the problem only occurs on my computer where Messenger Plus is installed. so Yes, i have. I'd like to have it working as i love to use Messenger Plus and to just uninstlal it and leave it would suck

RE: RE: Messenger Plus Casuing Disconnects/lag by CookieRevised on 02-01-2006 at 06:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Adamaxus
quote:
Originally posted by haydn
Have you tried uninstalling Messenger Plus! and seeing if the problem still persists?
the problem only occurs on my computer where Messenger Plus is installed. so Yes, i have.
Nope you haven't...

Uninstalled Plus! from your computer as suggested, and check if the problem is still there. It might well be your internet settings or other network problems on your computer.

Messenger Plus! doesn't interfear with the internet connection at all in any way, so it is very unlikely that this is uberhaupt caused by Messenger Plus! in the first place.
RE: Messenger Plus Casuing Disconnects/lag by Adamaxus on 02-01-2006 at 06:35 AM

The other computers network connection specs are all the same as this one aside from the use of a USB 2.0 port instead of USB 1.1 (the problem computer has the 2.0), same OS, same hardwared ect.

I don't think the problem is so much that Messenger Plus is directly cuttin the connection but that it's creating some sort of MSN lag/backlog that is causing the connection to cut itself as a responce. When i sign in to msn the program technically "does not respond" according to windows from 10 to anywhere aroudn 45 seconds as it appears to be loading contacts or something. Then just as the processing catches up with MSN my desktop contatcs Flicker on, disappear, i get a screen full of "XXX is now online alerts" and then the connection is gone.

RE: Messenger Plus Casuing Disconnects/lag by ShawnZ on 02-01-2006 at 06:52 AM

Same as always, do you have any plugins installed, do you use any patches or other msn messenger addons etc

RE: Messenger Plus Casuing Disconnects/lag by Adamaxus on 02-01-2006 at 01:22 PM

no. i only run MSN 7.5 and the latest MsgPlus.

RE: Messenger Plus Casuing Disconnects/lag by aneotoena on 02-01-2006 at 05:12 PM

like cookie revised said you haven't tried to uninstall plus and check if the problem persist. it does not matter if the tech specs are the same, software configurations may not be the same even if you think they are.

do that first plz.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus Casuing Disconnects/lag by Adamaxus on 02-01-2006 at 10:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aneotoena
like cookie revised said you haven't tried to uninstall plus and check if the problem persist. it does not matter if the tech specs are the same, software configurations may not be the same even if you think they are.

do that first plz.

works fine on uninstall.
RE: Messenger Plus Casuing Disconnects/lag by Patchou on 02-01-2006 at 10:26 PM

I suggest you wait for the next version of Messenger Plus! then... the problem you're describing seems strange but with some luck, the new version will fix it :).

RE: Messenger Plus Casuing Disconnects/lag by aneotoena on 02-01-2006 at 10:46 PM

well now we are sure is plus, seems like a lack of ram to me; when you sign in, there is a moment(when messenger is loading the contact list) in which the process uses a lot of cpu and eats a lot of ram and that can make your system veeeeeery sloooow and can even freeze for a few seconds and that can interrupt network connections, in usb or wireless conections it can make it disconnect for a few seconds.

So this can happen in a pc like this one
128 mb of ram
PIV 1.6
using xp sp2
the rest is not so important.
or a better pc but with lots of applications running

If your pc is similar with the one in the example this can be your problem. The solution is to get a better pc and not  to upgrade to windows live messenger because it needs more resources.

aneotoena

RE: Messenger Plus Casuing Disconnects/lag by Jhrono on 02-01-2006 at 11:15 PM

Mine is a
2,8 Ghz Intel Pentium IV
1024 Mb of Ram
XP Sp2
WLM 8
Plus 3.60
and it also freezes, so it ain't lack of ram..it freezes everywhere.
Plus i think it happens without plus! installed

RE: Messenger Plus Casuing Disconnects/lag by aneotoena on 02-01-2006 at 11:21 PM

the case is totally different dude we are talking about msn 7.5 you have WLM which has resources leaks everywhere.

also the guy told the problem does not happen without plus.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus Casuing Disconnects/lag by Adamaxus on 02-02-2006 at 12:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I suggest you wait for the next version of Messenger Plus! then... the problem you're describing seems strange but with some luck, the new version will fix it :).

here is hoping. it definitly is an interesting problem, on top of annoying. Perhaps the whole system is just trying to preload/update/queery too many things at once and it causes something to get all out of sorts.

just for reference it's a USB 2.0 Wilress adapter Connecting to a 56Mbps wireless G network 64-bit encryption.