Shoutbox

Weird problem with installing my plugin - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Weird problem with installing my plugin (/showthread.php?tid=56288)

Weird problem with installing my plugin by fas on 02-27-2006 at 05:50 PM

Hello,

I wrote a plugin using C# 2005. To get it work, I created an entry in the registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus2\RegisteredPlugins.

It works, but the problem is, that i never moved the DLL into the plugins directory of Messenger Plus! It's still in the \bin directory where the C# studio created it.

I tried to move the dll from there to the plugins directory, but then Messenger Plus didn't recognize my plugin. How weird is that?

Personally it isn't a problem, but I'd like to share that plugin, and thus I need to know how to get it properly installed in the \plugins directory, so that others can use it too.

Somebody knows what I have to do?

Thanks, Marko

RE: Weird problem with installing my plugin by Dempsey on 02-27-2006 at 06:07 PM

It worked when it was in the /bin directory, but not in the plugins dir because when you compile it it autmatically registers it using RegSvr32, or whatever the equilant is for c#, but when you moved it to the plugins dir, im guessing you didnt re-register.

RE: Weird problem with installing my plugin by RaceProUK on 02-27-2006 at 07:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
whatever the equilant is for c#
RegAsm, which is used to register any and all .NET assemblies (Register Assembly I guess :D).
RE: Weird problem with installing my plugin by J-Thread on 02-27-2006 at 08:29 PM

See Installing with .NET Framework

RE: Weird problem with installing my plugin by fas on 03-05-2006 at 07:45 PM

Well I unregistered the assembly in the \bin dir and registered the assembly in the \plugins dir, didn't help unfortunately. I read your tutorial, thank you. But I don't get the Strong Name stuff. I don't know what it is and how to use it, and i don't think its neccesary, because my plugin already works, but just with the assembly in the \bin dir.

Any clues what I could be messing up? ;)

RE: Weird problem with installing my plugin by fas on 03-06-2006 at 11:57 AM

Ok, it does work when I use regasm. But in my installer-program, I use System.Runtime.InteropServices.RegistrationServices.RegisterAssembly, and this doesn't work 8o|