Shoutbox

Display Name - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Display Name (/showthread.php?tid=56337)

Display Name by lindameimei on 03-01-2006 at 12:40 AM

Hi all, i just installed the Messenger Plus, and now my display name and my contact list' display name is all messed up!  (unable to read) Can anyone help me with this please? Thankz

*they are chinese characters, but are all "packed" together!

[Image: untitled.bmp]

RE: Display Name by Mnjul on 03-01-2006 at 10:35 AM

Hey lindameimei,

Plus! has been known to mess up with Asian characters in Contact List :( (Check this article in ChrisTorng's Group) I'm from Taiwan and in my computer I get smaller font size of the characters. (I reported this bug back in May 2005...Patchou said he would check this but I never saw it fixed - but you can wait for Plus! Live to see if this glitch persists)

Anyway, if the cause of your problem is the same as mine, trying to disable this in Plus! might lessen the problem:
In main Messenger window:
Plus!\ Preferences -> Contact List -> Display formatting attributes in the contact list

Alternatively, maybe you'd try not to use Comic Sans MS as your display font...try Sin Si Ming Ti or MingLiU, with a smaller font size? (Hope you know what I'm talking about :P)
Also turning down the DPI in your display settings might help too...

RE: Display Name by lindameimei on 03-02-2006 at 12:37 AM

Thx for ur help. It solved the problem, at least for now ^,^

RE: Display Name by Patchou on 03-02-2006 at 02:55 AM

damn... I didn't know this was still happening, sorry about that. I'm counting on you Mnjul to let me know if the bug will still be there in Messenger Plus! Live Beta :).