Shoutbox

MSN Content Plus...help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: MSN Content Plus...help (/showthread.php?tid=57519)

MSN Content Plus...help by Rubber Stamp on 03-27-2006 at 05:08 PM

i installed an msn winks program called MSN CONTENT PLUS, but it was shareware and i didnt buy it. so after the trial period, i uninstalled it, but every time i start my computer, a dialogue box comes up asking me to register, even after i have uninstalled the program, and even deleted the empty folder.
how do i get rid of the program?

RE: MSN Content Plus...help by Negro_Joe on 03-27-2006 at 05:10 PM

have you looked in the C: folder, see if it its still there...:S

I googled it quickly nothing came up...:)

RE: MSN Content Plus...help by Reaper on 03-27-2006 at 05:11 PM

get a registry cleaner. most likely you got some registry keys left in your registry

RE: MSN Content Plus...help by Sunshine on 03-27-2006 at 06:14 PM

MSN Winks Plus DANGER

Apparently their uninstaller is faulty, someone in that thread suggested to just end the process (msncontentplus.exe) through taskmanager on advice of MSN Content Plus. If you can find that file anywhere on your computer i'd say delete it (after you ended the process ofcourse).

RE: MSN Content Plus...help by CookieRevised on 03-27-2006 at 06:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rubber Stamp
i installed an msn winks program called MSN CONTENT PLUS, but it was shareware and i didnt buy it. so after the trial period, i uninstalled it, but every time i start my computer, a dialogue box comes up asking me to register, even after i have uninstalled the program, and even deleted the empty folder.
how do i get rid of the program?
Check all your possible startup settings (and remember that there are way, waaaaaay more than MS Config, Start menu or any other common tool and/or program might let you believe).

To check every possible startup entry for the program which does this use the freeware AutoRuns from SysInternals (no need to install it either btw, it's simply 1 file program).

Once you've found the program which pops up every time, look where it is located; in what directory.

Before you delete the program, open your registry editor and search the entire registry for leftovers of that program name (search for the file name, or part of the filename). Delete them all (of course including the registry key which triggers that program from running each time you start up Windows).

Once you've deleted all the leftovers in the registry, go to your task manager and kill all process trees involving msn content plus, then delete the program files themselfs and reboot.
RE: MSN Content Plus...help by Rubber Stamp on 03-28-2006 at 09:34 AM

wow, that worked. thanks guys, and thanks alot cookie

RE: MSN Content Plus...help by surflou on 07-05-2006 at 08:30 AM

I think I fixed my problem too, just have to wait and see, knowing my luck I've probably deleted all the bits of messenger that I need to run it lol!

No, no it didn't fix my problem at all, I'm not the best at knowing what to do on my PC most of the time, I'm kickass at my website but thats about it lol!

Any chance someone could explain how to remove this from my PC in nice simple Laymans terms?
RE: MSN Content Plus...help by djnerve on 07-05-2006 at 09:40 AM

i remember having this problem. one day i caught a new diolog with a new name. searched c:\ for the name and then deleated it. whoohoo keep looking. i think it was some dll

RE: MSN Content Plus...help by cloudyjai on 08-08-2006 at 01:55 AM

hi , i have tried all the solutions up above and i cannot seem to get rid of it, i know what files they are, msnlogm.exe, msnlogs.exe and everytime i end process on task manager they automatically return (msn is turned off) and even in Registry Editor it does the same, i delete it and it comes back. please help!!

RE: MSN Content Plus...help by djnerve on 08-08-2006 at 08:41 AM

search for the 2 files and deleate them

RE: MSN Content Plus...help by cloudyjai on 08-08-2006 at 10:04 AM

already said that, i found them in C://Windows Folder, tried deleting them but they reappear again

RE: MSN Content Plus...help by Felu on 08-08-2006 at 10:09 AM

cloudyjai instead of end process end process tree. That'll do the trick for you [Image: msn_happy.gif].

RE: MSN Content Plus...help by cloudyjai on 08-08-2006 at 01:44 PM

wooo it works, thanks alot :D

RE: MSN Content Plus...help by nablus on 08-12-2006 at 07:06 PM

i have the same proplem,

can anybody speak arabic help me?

RE: MSN Content Plus...help by djnerve on 08-12-2006 at 07:14 PM

Arabic person, Follow these steps

Hold  CTRL, ALT & DEL

Press Processes

Find

msnlogm.exe &  msnlogs.exe

Right click on them

Press End Process tree

Theres the steps now translate it

RE: MSN Content Plus...help by nablus on 08-12-2006 at 08:07 PM

i understood you

and i dont have files called

im very sorry for this.
but realy i have no knowledge in computers and im a young lady

RE: MSN Content Plus...help by $JAYS on 09-01-2006 at 04:30 PM

I have a problem where my computer says i have installed Msn Content Plus when i havent but it says i have to register to it or unistall it, but when i looked in control panel and into Add and Remove Programs the program Msn Content Plus was not there to unistall neither was it in my all programs lst to see if i could unistall it that way. But i waited to the trial day was up which was 30 days to see if would unistall it self but it hasn't and now it pops-up everytime i use the internet and Windows Live Messenger and when i close the alert it closes down both the programs that im using, but now when i use Windows Media Player and Internet Explorer and i start to get a message that comes up sayin "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvience." and it did the same for Windows Media Player all these problems have started happening since its started to say i have installed Msn Content Plus which i didnt and if it was even accidently installed i cant find it to unistalled can u please help me with this problem.

RE: RE: MSN Content Plus...help by ahsu on 09-24-2006 at 08:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djnerve

Hold  CTRL, ALT & DEL

Press Processes

Find

Right click on them

Press End Process tree

i did that, but it still doesn't work. they are still there, and i can't delete them... :(

HELP!!!

RE: MSN Content Plus...help by Klaus on 10-02-2006 at 07:00 AM

I also could not stop the processes msnlogs.exe & msnlogm.exe.
I think that one process checks if the other process is still running and if not it starts it again. For that reason it is impossible to delete both processes.
I found a method to delete the processes nevertheless:

Copy the following batch file "delmsnlog.bat" to c:\
@echo off
:again
if exist %WINDIR%\msnlogm.exe del %WINDIR%\msnlogm.exe
if exist %WINDIR%\msnlogs.exe del %WINDIR%\msnlogs.exe
if exist %WINDIR%\msnlogm.exe goto again
if exist %WINDIR%\msnlogs.exe goto again
@echo msnlogs.exe and msnlogm.exe deleted.
@pause

Goto "Start" then "run" and type "c:\delmsnlog.bat" followed by ENTER.

While the batch file is running, you can stop the processes. You need several attempts, because the process is stopped for a very short time only and exactly in this moment delete batch should delete the file. I needed about 10 attempts for the first process.

Your Current Time Trial Has Expired grrrrr helppppp !! by clydevalley on 10-07-2006 at 12:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ahsu
quote:
Originally posted by djnerve

Hold  CTRL, ALT & DEL

Press Processes

Find

Right click on them

Press End Process tree

Sorry but I did this, and it  DID NOT work.  The files would not delete and kept on popping up again.  I'm a computer novice with puter-phobia.  Please tell me how to get rid of this trial expiry activation thing, that is closing down my Messenger and spoiling my puter enjoyment.  Checked out the post below, no good to me as it was way over my head.  Is there a lay-man step by step guide to get shot of this ????

Meg, Scotland 

RE: MSN Content Plus...help by 3affaary on 10-09-2006 at 11:24 PM

[b] ok guys to those who wanted to remove that anoying msg,,
here's another and guranteed way ...

you have to start your computer in the safe mode first and that's by clicking on the F2 or F8 when starting the pc ...
and choose the safe mode method.

nw in the safe mode you can enter to C:\Windows and find the msApps and msAppm and remove them easily ...

now restart ur pc and Volalaaaaa:o),,,, no more anoying grey box
i hope it works guys... and tell me if it does .(Y)

RE: MSN Content Plus...help by ShiBBy on 11-03-2006 at 08:09 PM

Yup Worked 100%... follow the above directions and you won't see that MSN CONTENT PLUS popup again

RE: MSN Content Plus...help by Paperfairy on 11-06-2006 at 08:14 PM

Thank you very much. No things like making own batch files; just safe mode. And the funniest thing is:

Someone with only one post, which doesn't use capitals or reading marks on a good way, forgot the end [b]-tag can tell us a very simple way how to get rid of that stupid thing. And it works better then someone who have programmed a batch file.

The only thing I can say is:

OWNAGE

But thank you so much, finally I can enjoy computing again. (I could do it also yesterday, only not today, ahhh this gets too complicated... Never mind :) )

RE: MSN Content Plus...help by CookieRevised on 11-06-2006 at 09:10 PM

that batch file you're talking about is made by a same "1 time poster".
Also, if you read up some more (and look in some other threads about this), you'd see that solid solutions were given a long looong time ago (and solutions which completely remove everything, as even "deleting 2 files" will certainly not remove all traces of it).

I don't see any "ownage" at all in this...

;)

RE: MSN Content Plus...help by phil1234 on 12-14-2006 at 06:35 AM

i cant believe they did this to the poor user. i wonder what other backdoors have been installed into the PC. this is bad. im going to give very very bad review to this piece of crap.

RE: MSN Content Plus...help by Taklin on 11-05-2007 at 06:00 PM

Safe mode is the way to go

Thank

RE: MSN Content Plus...help by playmatelahore88 on 04-23-2008 at 07:47 PM

to end the process of msnlogs or msnlogm file u all should use process explorer which u can easily download from

http://download.sysinternals.com/Files/ProcessExplorer.zip

after downloading ""Process Explorer "" run and find the process with name "" msnlogs or msnlogm "" then right click on it and end it u don't need to do this again and again

Copy the following batch file "delmsnlog.bat" to c:\

@echo off
:again
if exist %WINDIR%\msnlogm.exe del %WINDIR%\msnlogm.exe
if exist %WINDIR%\msnlogs.exe del %WINDIR%\msnlogs.exe
if exist %WINDIR%\msnlogm.exe goto again
if exist %WINDIR%\msnlogs.exe goto again
@echo msnlogs.exe and msnlogm.exe deleted.
@pause
[/b]

to make this if u need to open notepad then paste code which is given below then save it but in file name box u should type file name like this *delmsnlog.bat* mean and to put starik on start and end of file name then click save

it done know

Goto "Start" then "run" and type "c:\delmsnlog.bat" followed by ENTER.

use this code writen by Klaus