Shoutbox

People Adding Me to 3-ways :@ - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: People Adding Me to 3-ways :@ (/showthread.php?tid=57894)

People Adding Me to 3-ways :@ by superhornet59 on 04-06-2006 at 02:07 AM

Okay, I have enough of msn group chat. whenever i block someone or the like, my stupid friends always add them into a 3-way even though i always tell them to ask me first, and its destructive for me in some ways that im on the verge of never talking to them again. so save my friendships and cool my temper please, tell me theres a plug-in that will tell me whos in a conversation and give me the option if i actualy want to be added to it. ive got my fingers crossed.

RE: People Adding Me to 3-ways :@ by matty on 04-06-2006 at 02:27 AM

There isn't a plugin to do that.

But I just dove into the protocol it seems like it cook be possible by hooking winsock but I dont have the time for it.

RE: People Adding Me to 3-ways :@ by ivan300 on 04-06-2006 at 03:33 AM

thre is a simple soultion to that type ".pif" in the convo withouth the "";)

RE: People Adding Me to 3-ways :@ by matty on 04-06-2006 at 04:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ivan300
thre is a simple soultion to that type ".pif" in the convo withouth the "";)
That will just kick everyone out at once. He wants to be asked if he wants to join the conversation with X people.
RE: People Adding Me to 3-ways :@ by zach on 04-06-2006 at 04:19 AM

And option that asks you if you want to join a conversation before it opens should be a feature that WLM has. Maybe you could suggest it to them.

RE: People Adding Me to 3-ways :@ by matty on 04-09-2006 at 11:42 PM

I am going to have a go at this later on this week. I can use WinPCap to capture packets basically the packet is received as JOI and the email so it wont be hard to list the users in the convo.

RE: People Adding Me to 3-ways :@ by matty on 04-10-2006 at 12:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kevinlau7
Is there a way to know who added you to a conversation with many users?
That is what I am going to try and work on...

If you use a program called Ethereal it will show you who adds you to a conversation (from what I could see in my tests it displays the users as well that are in the chat but I have to double check that.)
RE: People Adding Me to 3-ways :@ by CookieRevised on 04-10-2006 at 05:59 AM

That's a long time request IIRC...

But I thought that it was impossible to know who added you (as the protocol doesn't reveal that, as it gives a list of everybody on the chat in random order or something like that IIRC). It's all a long time request and looked into it before (at least the part to know who added you)...

Anyways, if you can make something which blocks this kind of group chat, that would already be sufficient I think as this is indeed annoying (especially when there are people in that chat who are not on your list)...

I think the group chat thing should be treated equally as webcam chats, file sends, etc; you should get a accept/deny message in Messenger. MS should add that (and is requested before too if I'm not mistaken). Blah at MS for this...

RE: People Adding Me to 3-ways :@ by Eddie on 04-10-2006 at 08:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I think the group chat thing should be treated equally as webcam chats, file sends, etc; you should get a accept/deny message in Messenger. MS should add that (and is requested before too if I'm not mistaken). Blah at MS for this...
i agree with cookierevised on this pt (Y) this is known on other messengers like yahoo and is handy...could be an option like ask for permission or auto-accept or somethin like that :)

RE: People Adding Me to 3-ways :@ by trini on 04-10-2006 at 10:05 AM

Take a look at this forum thread
http://forums.fanatic.net.nz/index.php?showtopic=11800

RE: RE: People Adding Me to 3-ways :@ by CookieRevised on 04-11-2006 at 09:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by trini
Take a look at this forum thread
http://forums.fanatic.net.nz/index.php?showtopic=11800

The program doesn't work at all (anymore?).

Tested with messenger 6.2, 7.0, 7.5 and 8.0. All produced a Run-Time Error 7 (Out of Memory)
Windows Messenger (5.1.0639) is btw always started up (IIRC some addons requiring the Messenger object do not start up Windows Messenger though, so it is well possible... IIRC)