Shoutbox

Developing a plug in - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Developing a plug in (/showthread.php?tid=57915)

Developing a plug in by gonnen on 04-06-2006 at 12:49 PM

I want to develop a feature, based on finding unique words which I received from my cotacts.
Which event I should use to capture the messages that my contacts send me?
Thanks,
Ofir

RE: Developing a plug in by J-Thread on 04-06-2006 at 01:46 PM

Matty's reply to Active Accessibility for incoming messages

RE: Developing a plug in by twentytwo on 04-06-2006 at 01:48 PM

I think plugins should, at the very least, be able to view incoming messages. I dont see why simple things like the ability to grab a users personal message have been neglected in the plugin engine.. Perhaps this is something patchou will improve in Plus live.

RE: Developing a plug in by Dempsey on 04-06-2006 at 01:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by twentytwo
I think plugins should, at the very least, be able to view incoming messages. I dont see why simple things like the ability to grab a users personal message have been neglected in the plugin engine.. Perhaps this is something patchou will improve in Plus live.
You just have to wait for the release of Plus! Live and you will have access to incoming messahes, the personal message and much, much more :D
RE: Developing a plug in by twentytwo on 04-06-2006 at 01:55 PM

Can you back that statement up with anything?

RE: Developing a plug in by Veggie on 04-06-2006 at 02:10 PM

dempsey is telling the truth, the new scripting feature has access to messages

RE: Developing a plug in by Dempsey on 04-06-2006 at 02:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Crimcz
cool cause i want 2 make my own plugin/script and i heard its gonna be way easier..

am i mistaken...?
Its a lot easier and also a lot more powerful with a lot more exposed to script developers.
RE: RE: Developing a plug in by J-Thread on 04-06-2006 at 03:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by twentytwo
Can you back that statement up with anything?

This might be a bit of topic, but I don't think you should make such posts. As you can see, Dempsey is an official tester of MP!L, he has got a lot of positive feedback, and there is absolutly no reason why you should doubt about his answers.

You'll probably be a good programmer, but you are not the only one here and I think you should try to trust people more. If somebody here (i.e. Dempsey or CookieRevised) answers your question by telling you that it isn't possible or that it will be possible in the future, you should listen to that instead of doubt their answers.
RE: Developing a plug in by gonnen on 04-06-2006 at 04:30 PM

The release of Plus! Live, do you know when its going to happen? this feature is quite urgent for me...

RE: Developing a plug in by Dempsey on 04-06-2006 at 05:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gonnen
The release of Plus! Live, do you know when its going to happen? this feature is quite urgent for me...
Not until at least WLM is out of beta and public and even then it might not be directly after that.