Shoutbox

An icon in my WLM contact list - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: An icon in my WLM contact list (/showthread.php?tid=57918)

An icon in my WLM contact list by Mike on 04-06-2006 at 02:41 PM

Many of my contacts on the bottom of my contact list have this icon: [Image: wlmcontactlisticon.PNG]

Does that icon mean that that contact has deleted me from his/her list, and I still have him/her in my list?

RE: An icon in my WLM contact list by Dempsey on 04-06-2006 at 02:46 PM

its mean there are a non-messenger contact

RE: An icon in my WLM contact list by Jhrono on 04-06-2006 at 02:47 PM

No, i think those are non-Net.Passport contacts, but don't trust this 100%, wait for someone to confirm :P

RE: An icon in my WLM contact list by Mike on 04-06-2006 at 03:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
its mean there are a non-messenger contact
But I used to talk to some of them...

I was wondering, because my contact list is almost full (I have ... 451 contacts...!!!), WLM takes alot of time to signin, and I also have way too many contacts of this type...

The tooltip for these contacts is just the text displayed near that icon (their "name"?)
No email is displayed.

RE: An icon in my WLM contact list by Rik on 04-06-2006 at 03:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johny
No, i think those are non-Net.Passport contacts, but don't trust this 100%, wait for someone to confirm :P
don't trust(afaik) :P
this are persons that you deleted from messenger but they stayed in your contact list on Hotmail
RE: An icon in my WLM contact list by Sunshine on 04-06-2006 at 03:11 PM

Those are contacts that are only in your adressbook in hotmail (quick way of e-mailing your contact without having to start your browser etc. first..it is all done for you when you doubleclick that contact) so "non instant messaging contacts".

If they disturb you, you can either group them together (contacts > sort contacts by) or you can choose not to display them in WLM at all (contacts > filter contacts).